NEWS Seibold gets last piece of the puzzle

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
I think part of that is he plays for himself a little more, whereas Dearden tried to just be a cog. Nevertheless, he is developed alot more than Dearden and so he should be, given their ages. He has already been discarded by the Roosters, I'd hate to have Dearden leave and become a star elsewhere because we played a journeyman second stringer instead of him.
Heaven forbid Dearden have to play more than 4 games in Q-Cup. What it comes down to is who is the better player right now and imo it’s not even close.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I think part of that is he plays for himself a little more, whereas Dearden tried to just be a cog. Nevertheless, he is developed alot more than Dearden and so he should be, given their ages. He has already been discarded by the Roosters, I'd hate to have Dearden leave and become a star elsewhere because we played a journeyman second stringer instead of him.
Discarded is a strong word. Didn’t he choose to leave?

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Discarded is a strong word. Didn’t he choose to leave?
Isn't discarded the modus operandi of the Roosters? On the other hand Roosters pulled out all stops to try and get Dearden, private dinner with Politis and Johns, but he still chose to stay. Bronco through and through.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Both these guys are young for their position and have performed well in the opportunities they have had. It really comes down to a gut decision where statistics don’t really count because you are trying to predict what their output will be in the future. SOS has impressed me but my expansive gut tells me Dearden will be a superstar. I can’t point to specific data to back that up it’s just the vibe I get when I watch him play. This kid is tough and cool under pressure. I would like to keep them both for another couple of years to be sure but if anyone goes I hope it’s SOS.

Xzei

NYC Player
Both sos and deardon have been solid in defence give them both more time at the top level and the game will slow down for them.

Locky888

BRL Player
My 2 cents....
1. *MILF/Boyd
6. *Boyd/MILF
9. Turps
7. SOS
* Milf goes to fullback when Broncos defends and switches to 5/8 when Broncos attacks. The reason being MILF is a defensive liability and Boyd is an offensive liability.
Macca goes to the reserves.

kooly87

NYC Player
Not sure why its become Dearden v SOS. Can they not both be promising so far but without having set the world on fire in the very limited time at this level they've both had?

Honestly if we were serious about putting our best Halves combination forward next season those two would be wearing the 6 & 7 and gelling together over the preseason and Boyd wouldn't be anywhere near our Halves. It honestly doesn't have to be a case of one vs the other.

Last edited:

pagey

NRL Captain
Not sure why its become Dearden v SOS. Can they not both be promising so far but without having set the world on fire in the very limited time at this level they've both had?

Honestly if we were serious about putting our best Halves combination forward next season those two would be wearing the 6 & 7 and gelling together over the preseason and Boyd wouldn't be anywhere near our Halves. It honestly doesn't have to be a case of one vs the other.
I think it'll be paix 7 dearden 6 , they wanted paix as a 9 but he's a natural 7 . Seen as turpin has made a fist of 9 I think they'll go with 7 paix
6 dearden
9 turpin
Obviously keeping Milford at 1 and depending on when boyd retires is when paix gets his shot.

Aldo

NRL Player
New South Wails
To be honest, I don't think either SOS or Dearden have been overly great and for me are still pretty much on par with one another. Not sure how people are coming up with SOS as being clearly in front. Apart from his Cronulla game (where he was pretty good for half a game), he hasn't exactly kicked the door down. In saying that, I'd much rather either of them in the halves over Turps. Not looking forward to watching him again in the 7.

Dazza 92

QCup Player
I wish.. but they'll keep Boyd at 6 guaranteed
If Lord Fifita wants that....then hes gunna get exactly that...!!!
- Merged

My 2 cents....
1. *MILF/Boyd
6. *Boyd/MILF
9. Turps
7. SOS
* Milf goes to fullback when Broncos defends and switches to 5/8 when Broncos attacks. The reason being MILF is a defensive liability and Boyd is an offensive liability.
Macca goes to the reserves.
yeh...gotta step in here....what you are proposing here is a term called "structure" and has no place in the 2019 Broncos line up...

Kindly remove this post and give yourself a uppercut...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter