NEWS Seibold: it's all my fault

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel quotes Anthony Seibold in today's Courier Mail:

Business as usual:

“I take responsibility, I put out a young side, it was the best side we could come up with in the circumstances with injuries. I don’t think we are mentally weak, but there’s some big lessons. We are trying to build something sustainable. I can’t offer any excuses, we picked the best side we have available, I feel for our members and supporters, the two times we have been towelled up (in the past two weeks), it’s been men against boys. We have $4 million of guys on the sideline, we have a young team and this is part of their development, but I felt as though we were bullied the last two weeks. "

2eae5f4e7914638489ed8d7b46a641f6

Coach Seibold: an exemplary loser.

“I didn’t think the ride would be this bumpy that’s for sure. The Roosters are the premiers, but under the blowtorch we didn’t handle the pressure, we have a disappointed group in there. If you can’t look at the bloke beside you, you have to look at yourself, my job is work out collectively how to turn this around. We’ve come out of COVID and we haven’t fired a shot, but I haven’t lost belief in this group.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Who’s fault was it against the eels last year and this year?

Time to take a knee coach.

Those excuses may work if it was experience related mistakes or an isolated game. Week in, week out we appear rudderless, we take one out hit ups where it is easy to guess who will get the ball and we dont even run onto the ball! Our only tries come from individual efforts. I cannot remember the last time we scored a set play try (and that is on the coach). Our defensive structure is as solid as tissue paper. They marched up the field at will and it seemed every time they got down our end they got a result.

I am not one that usually blames the coach because it is not them that drop balls or misses tackles but the major issues our team has had last year and this year comes down to the lack of adequate game plan or structures to even make games competitive.

Seibold will not win a premiership. We have young players that are the envy of the league. How long will they stay if they can earn more and have a greater chance at a premiership at another club?

We will then be in a position of the titans, dragons and bulldogs, paying overs for has beens and never weres and losing our promising players.

Yep, there was a shot in last night's game that totally summed up the side. They were literally at sixes and sevens on the tryline. Not one player was running on, not one player was looking to support, run the ball, call for it or anything. They LITERALLY were standing there. I was disgusted. How can you not have any semblance of a play or even a basic structure to run with on the one time you are on the opposition tryline?

Yep. I‘d give Seibold this season then he’s gone.

Yep. I‘d give Seibold this season then he’s gone.

I would too and make an objective call at the backend. If the side is showing clear improvement, keep him on, if they aren't kick him on the way out.

The seasons rooted anyway, rule changes by the second round, shitty suspensions that almost seem crook, bulk injuries.

I’d just give him the season and say it’s your last unless we’re looking like world beaters by the end of the year.

I expect we’ll get toweled up next weekend and probably the Knights after that but if the Titans get one over us, see ya later, Seibs. I wouldn’t care if Alf takes the reins for the rest of the year at this point.

I'd tell him his job is on the line on Monday and have Walters and Hodges walk straight past him to their interview on the same day. I'd have Quade Cooper in the news saying he wants to play 6 for the Broncos and that he loves the club so much he'd play for free. I'd make Lockyer write an article about his love for the club leading him to take unders for his entire career. I'd have every legend calling them a bunch of cats and saying they'd put the jersey on next week and put in more effort. And if I was Seibold I'd somehow find a bunch of notes left in a room about the players before the game next week, each one talking shit about the players. Fire the **** up. Nobody even looked like they gave a shit last night.

The seasons rooted anyway, rule changes by the second round, shitty suspensions that almost seem crook, bulk injuries.

I’d just give him the season and say it’s your last unless we’re looking like world beaters by the end of the year.
I expect we’ll get toweled up next weekend and probably the Knights after that but if the Titans get one over us, see ya later, Seibs. I wouldn’t care if Alf takes the reins for the rest of the year at this point.
I'd tell him his job is on the line on Monday and have Walters and Hodges walk straight past him to their interview on the same day. I'd have Quade Cooper in the news saying he wants to play 6 for the Broncos and that he loves the club so much he'd play for free. I'd make Lockyer write an article about his love for the club leading him to take unders for his entire career. I'd have every legend calling them a bunch of cats and saying they'd put the jersey on next week and put in more effort. And if I was Seibold I'd somehow find a bunch of notes left in a room about the players before the game next week, each one talking shit about the players. Fire the **** up. Nobody even looked like they gave a shit last night.
Let's sack him today. Get this fucking ball rolling:

Last edited:

Yeh, it’s hard to imagine we can get much worse, so perhaps it’s time to shake things up a little.

Drop the under performers, give the keys to Croft and Dearden, let the team play footy, give some up and comers a go and those fringe players that are missing out due to there being no ISC.

If it fails and / or it looks like it might stifle some of the kids developments, return to how it is now.

What is there to lose?

And the holding ball thing I keep preaching. You drop the ball, you are dropped from the team.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.