NEWS Seibold: it's all my fault

anyone remember the try Milf scored against Souths...it was a while ago but...he IS capable still of magic every now and then...

Yeah, he is capable of doing something every six games or so. It's been the case since probably 1/3 of the way into 2016.

People can lambast Milford, Boyd, Oates, anyone in our backline really, and have a pretty good case for it. However the last two floggings we've been absolutely split down the middle and the new rules just amplify the dominance this gives the opposition. While Milf can and should be expected to play better we have been absolutely walloped in field position and running metres, the first thing to work on is how to defend in the middle. Some tactics on how to get back momentum wouldn't hurt, anything to stop the wave after wave of attacking sets we have to defend.

Again these players can and should be doing better and I wouldn't be bothered if half of them walked, but when you play most of the game pinned in your own half, with no actual plan it's always going to be a hard ask. Dropping Milford for Dearden or Boyd/Oates for Coates isn't going to be the panacea for getting ruined in the middle.

Spot on.

Some of the stuff being posted on here is sheer panic.
Buying Ponga, Munster or anyone else like that FFS is not going to change a thing.

They need to get some brutality into the D.
Rugby league is still a game where you need to hurt ***** , have them looking for you .
That's what is missing from our game. Get that into our D and we start to dominate the middle a bit and cause an error or 2 .
Starting with Lodge and TPJ and Teo is a start . When Glenn is back that will help experience wise .
If we can keep those 4 on the park it can only help our younger guys.
Still, we absolutely need to get some mongrel into th he D or we will get towelled a few more times against the better sides.

Last edited:
thoughts on Glenn going back into the centres and Te'o on the edge from the bench..?

Some of the stuff being posted on here is sheer panic.
Buying Ponga, Munster or anyone else like that FFS is not going to change a thing.

They need to get some brutality into the D.
Rugby league is still a game where you need to hurt ***** , have them looking for you .
That's what is missing from our game. Get that into our D and we start to dominate the middle a bit and cause an error or 2 .
Starting with Lodge and TPJ and Teo is a start . When Glenn is back that will help experience wise .
If we can keep those 4 on the park it can only help our younger guys.
Still, we absolutely need to get some mongrel into th he D or we will get towelled a few more times against the better sides.

I think this is right on the money. The reason the Broncs look shit with or without the wrestle is we have no venom in defense. When we do have it, it's sloppy and leads to penalties.

You need to be dominating the attack for you not to be pinged and looking at replays we are being pinged for six again after being on the back foot in a set.

We need to go old school and bring in rib cage and low tackles. You don't need 3+ in tackles, half the time we are being left with 1 or 2 men still on the ground. That is shit, one low one over the top and put them on their back and get the **** up.

thoughts on Glenn going back into the centres and Te'o on the edge from the bench..?

We need all the experienced back rowers we can get. As for T'eo, won't this be his first NRL game in 6 years?

Great post. I do think Munster has the runs on the board to be honest. But on the more important point, why has Milford gone to rubbish? Yes he is to blame for lack of fitness, etc and seemingly being lazy and thick between the ears but why was he allowed to be unfit and lazy? Why was his one skill, running in broken play coached out of him? Who is to blame for that? Has it been addressed?

Munster wasn't touted as the next Lockyer, nor the Saviour of the Storm. We loaded Milford up with a shit load of incredibly lofty unfair expectations and then we pillory him (me included at times) when he fails to be the next Lockyer.

And in any case, Milf did deliver really well in '15 and '16 after which the wheels started to slowly fall off.

As far as I am concerned, as with our first 2 performances this year (where yet again our defence started to suck) , give him a decent set of forwards dominating the middle, Fifi and TPJ planted out on the edges, Croft combining with him in the halves, and Milf will come good. He has a lot more going for him than simnply his running game. His kicking can be excellent as can his choice of passes. He has shown all of these skills over his time here.

Playing behind a rabble pack of boys - and an under-done Lodge is hardly motivation fro a confidence player like Milf. In fact, our whole team had their confidence screwed by the shitty performance in the middle.

Until Fifi, TPJ and Glenn return, it's going to be tough. At least the glaring weaknesses in the defence are something the coaching staff can seriously focus on.

Last edited:
Ponga
Collins
Arriw
Ese’ese to an extent
Molo
Munster (Apparently always wants to play for the Broncs)
How did all these guys and others get let go/missed?

It was Molo's own fault he got released. After his tragic incident, he never tried to change his tackling and the club cut ties with him rightly imo. Arrow and Ese'ese just got offers we couldnt compete with at the time. Cant really remember that much if it was a financial decision with Collins.

I do agree though, we have missed plenty of players. When you look we had Cam Smith and JT on our doorstep. Considering he came from Rocky, its a disgrace we missed Harry Grant.

People seem to forget that Milford was sensational in 2015 / 16 and even before that in Canberra he was looking something special. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Plug Milford into the Storm system, and providing he towed the line, he’d be looking far better than he does at our club.

I should also be clear, I am not defending Milford. I have given him ample opportunity to return to his glory days, but he hasn’t, for whatever reason. After a while, it becomes clear that it is not everyone else that is the problem...

Ben Hunt was sensational in 2014(he virtually carried the side into the finals that season) and 2015, things can changed dramatically quick and it's not always their fault but on the flipside it's not always those around them either. In Hunt's case his confidence was utterly shattered after that night and for a player who relies so heavily on being indiviually brilliant and creative with the ball in his hands then serious lack of that is a potential career killer.

For Milford I think the damage started when Hunt departed and Kodi Nikorima was brought into play halfback and I know some here will say but Hunt was damaged goods after the 2015 Grand Final and I would agree with them. The problem is Kodi was never suitable for the needs to allow Milford to play his natural game and by doing so you forced Milford to focus more on areas that weren't his strengths, that the side lacked with the two in the halves and in turn his strength areas suffered gradually. Kodi was never the type of playmaker to guide a side around the park and provide the necessary kicking game. That isn't a dig at Nikorima either, I would have actually loved to have kept him, I think he actually would have been ideal at 9 or off the bench right now, but there are times you got to accept a player has limitations to what he can and can't do.

And your right put him in a side like the Storm and he was motivated to do the work he would be fairing better then he is now. But he isn't at the Storm and this doesn't excuse Milford's present day situation where he is not performing even remotely close to the pricetag his on(particularly when Seibold brought in Croft to try to at least give Milford the opportunity to focus on his strengths and of the two Croft comes across as the most motivated particularly in attack and his only been here in a handful of games).

Also Milford played behind an outstanding performing forward pack last season and was still lacklustre, I know an underperforming pack doesn't help the situation but he still underperformed when the forwards were dominating as well.

Last edited:
This is all a ploy by Seibold to get Bird and McCullough to walk away from their options for next year.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dexter
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.