NEWS Seibold: it's all my fault

I had to wait 24 hrs before I could write anything!

This is what I'd do. First thing I'd do at training tomorrow would be to load the gang up on a bus and head to our 'new' training grounds. This would be some park with old worn out seats and fucked sheds with just cold water showers. That would be our new ground until we win 5 straight.

Every single player would be required to attend training via public transport, no exception. No $200,000 cars, no Harleys, nothing but old school public transport. Another new rule, no phones, no headphones, no music devices at all. I'd get some of our legends to be my helpers at training. No massages, no physios, no frills. Blood and guts, old school training.

Story time. Old school hard nuts sitting in group sessions telling how they trained in the old days, beer stories included. No video sessions in darkened theatre seats either. There would be 5 set plays rehearsed until the players fell to their knees with exhaustion and when recovered run again until they have become second nature.

Every player would spend one day of each week laying concrete, moving furniture or digging trenchs by hand, in fact the team would not only be team building but building a fucking building in reality...by hand. Trenchs dug, concrete lain, walls put up and for a cause, a worthy cause like a building for the sick, the elderly, the impaired whatever.

It would be the teams build for someone or some people less fortunate. That's how to create a bond, a unifying cause.

It's time for the entitled life to end, it's time to become blue collar again, it's time for young men to feel how the battler feels and I don't just mean male battlers either here because we all have our fights to win.

I'd take them back in time to a place where rugby league was just three things, a ball, an opponent and my team mates.

This is what I'd do. First thing I'd do at training tomorrow would be to load the gang up on a bus and head to our 'new' training grounds. This would be some park with old worn out seats and fucked sheds with just cold water showers. That would be our new ground until we win 5 straight.

Every single player would be required to attend training via public transport, no exception. No $200,000 cars, no Harleys, nothing but old school public transport. Another new rule, no phones, no headphones, no music devices at all. I'd get some of our legends to be my helpers at training. No massages, no physios, no frills. Blood and guts, old school training.

Story time. Old school hard nuts sitting in group sessions telling how they trained in the old days, beer stories included. No video sessions in darkened theatre seats either. There would be 5 set plays rehearsed until the players fell to their knees with exhaustion and when recovered run again until they have become second nature.

Every player would spend one day of each week laying concrete, moving furniture or digging trenchs by hand, in fact the team would not only be team building but building a fucking building in reality...by hand. Trenchs dug, concrete lain, walls put up and for a cause, a worthy cause like a building for the sick, the elderly, the impaired whatever.

It would be the teams build for someone or some people less fortunate. That's how to create a bond, a unifying cause.

It's time for the entitled life to end, it's time to become blue collar again, it's time for young men to feel how the battler feels and I don't just mean male battlers either here because we all have our fights to win.

I'd take them back in time to a place where rugby league was just three things, a ball, an opponent and my team mates.
I cant give this post enough likes.
Agree and support every part of this in its entirety.

Not a bad read from Ikin, hard to argue with anything he said:

"A text message was sent out by a senior Broncos staffer to multiple journalists outlining the difference in experience between Brisbane and the Roosters."
Now that is very interesting..

Prepare to be in a hole for a long ass time, boys and girls. Where the **** did all this hype for Paul White come from?

If this is true, that is extremely cringeworthy. We are coming across as a joke of a club.
I wouldn't put it past this club, so I will take it as it happened.
Ikin is well intrenched in the media, he probably was told by multiple sources.

And they drop a ball, they pay a fine, $10k each time they drop it.

This guy is a joke. Drop players you fucking bitch.
That's one half of the problem solved. But he doesn't seem to know what to do with the rest.

We have not had a marquee player since Locky.
It’s time to chuck the cheque book at either Ponga or RTS. RTS for the experience may be the better option.
Let’s get it happening. Boat, house, JetSki, a Kia?
Give it all to him.

All it took for someone to stay in Melbourne for extra years was a boat. How hard can it be 🤷‍♂️

This guy is a joke. Drop players you fucking bitch.

I agree but not yet. For mine we need to discover why there is such a difference in intensity - the whole team not a few players, between the first 2 rounds and the last two games. I can't get my head around the huge difference.

It's also your fault you can't even teach these idiots to use the captains challenge even once.

Back to purtell park! But in the essence of social distancing, they should probably avoid public transport but instead take a greener approach by using those council bikes. Lots of hills in Bardon.

I have never liked Ikin, don't rate him as a footballer or a person.
But he is spot on in this article.

Yep. Apparently the idea that you can actually recruit players who aren’t 18 and have played zero games, but rather good quality experienced players, hasn’t occurred to them until they signed Te’o yesterday...

"Most concerning though was when Seibold quoted a statistic about his opposition from four years ago.

“It’s quite interesting, we played the Roosters tonight, two time champions, and I think back to 2016 when they finished 15th. There was a game I remember watching they got beaten 46-0 against the Storm, and I remember them having seven players under 40 games. Well, we had 10 players under 30 games tonight, and two making their debut,” said Seibold."

"I’m sure some out there thought his recall was super human, all I saw was a coach who’d spent his week pre-planning an excuse should his team be handed a spanking.

I know it’s true, because it’s not the first time it’s happened."

That is some memory Seibold has

"Most concerning though was when Seibold quoted a statistic about his opposition from four years ago.

“It’s quite interesting, we played the Roosters tonight, two time champions, and I think back to 2016 when they finished 15th. There was a game I remember watching they got beaten 46-0 against the Storm, and I remember them having seven players under 40 games. Well, we had 10 players under 30 games tonight, and two making their debut,” said Seibold."

"I’m sure some out there thought his recall was super human, all I saw was a coach who’d spent his week pre-planning an excuse should his team be handed a spanking.

I know it’s true, because it’s not the first time it’s happened."

That is some memory Seibold has

Just imagine him sitting there thinking to himself "**** me these ***** are gonna get towelled, what the **** will I say to the media??". What a state the club is in.

Just imagine him sitting there thinking to himself "**** me these ***** are gonna get towelled, what the **** will I say to the media??". What a state the club is in.
Yeah it comes across as putting all your effort into finding excuses to justify mediocrity then looking for solutions and that is a serious kick in the guts to fans. It's not like this club hasn't been in tough positions missing a ton of experienced players forced to play rookies before. One of the clubs proudest wins(baby broncos vs west tigers) was in such circumstances.

Last edited:
We've become the Dragons of 1979 - 2007. That sort of mediocrity and lack of ***** given milking past glories for all its worth.

Last edited:
Ponga
Collins
Arriw
Ese’ese to an extent
Molo
Munster (Apparently always wants to play for the Broncs)
How did all these guys and others get let go/missed?

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Tristan1990
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrtij
  • Financeguy
  • Howie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ozzball
  • The Strapper
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.