NEWS Seibold: leave Darius alone

The “he’s learning the role” is a cop out I think. He was useless at fullback and now he’s useless at 5/8 (for mostly the same reasons).

He was deteriorating rapidly at one important spine position so let’s move him to a more important spine role. That’ll wind back the clock.

Seibollocks

Right so how’s this for random, I was patrolling the airport the other having a rather impassioned chat about the Broncs and moving Boyd to left centre.

Some chick was listening in and offered me Siebolds number to pass on my ‘advice’. I just asked her to pass on the message to ask Darbs to retire. Guess my fickle fan view was enough lol

Mate, you fucked up there. Seibold would have had to get new number had that been me lol

On the comparison, its a one off. Boyd has been poor all year, whereas Keary is one of the elite players of the competition most matches he plays. He’ll likely win another premiership this year and have been a huge part of it. And you bet he now tears Brisbane a new one next time we play lol.

Perhaps, yes I say perhaps Boyd contributes an intangible. Every time I've mentioned stats I always rea a few responses telling me the stats mean nothing, it's the things that stats don't show. I say fair enough but maybe, just maybe Boyd does something for the team that makes them better.

I'm loving this from Seibold actually. Why? Well he's using the masters tactics, namely building a seige mentality within the team. He's making the world the enemy, it's the Broncos against the media, the fickle fan, the other clubs, the ex players.

From what I can tell the team supports DB and this stuff solidifies the resolve. A lot of us, myself included have been kicking him and it's probably time we stopped. Time for kicking is when the seasons done.

Nowhere in that piece does Seibold explain the logic behind Boyd's selection in the team. It can't be high quality on-field performances so it has to be some intangible contribution to the side which translates into the team playing better with, rather than without, Dariu$$$.

I reckon Seibs is just desperate for some experience in the team, especially with Glenn and Gillett out. In any case, if the team is behind Boyd then it's best to retain that stability.

Mind you, I can't for the life of me figure out how this shit makes any sense at NRL level

It’s a ridiculous comparison. Look at all the other stats that aren’t hilighted! Kicks, passes, receives. Darbs didn’t even come close. Pretty sure Keary got a try assist too. Smh.

Last edited:
I mean the one positive to take out of it is at least our coach is happy to defend his players 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I mean the one positive to take out of it is at least our coach is happy to defend his players 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Every single fucker in the club has been defending him this week. It's part of something bigger. The club even tried to credit him with a try-assist he never did.

Every single fucker in the club has been defending him this week. It's part of something bigger. The club even tried to credit him with a try-assist he never did.
An official retirement would be nice.. maybe 2 or even 3 😳😳😳

I actually support Seibs on this one. Defending your players is admirable. I don't give a shit if he calls out Keary, nobody is above having their stats pointed out. He was clearly pointing out that Boyd is being treated differently by the media.

Boyd is under a microscope at the moment. I am not going to say he shouldn't be better, he should. But mass hysteria is a known phenomena and at the moment I feel there is a smidge of it about Boyd. The media clearly want us to go bust this year and i am fucking sick of the ***** writing us off.

Since undertaking the biggest positional shift of his career, interchanging with new fullback Anthony Milford, Boyd has lost one of six games at five-eighth.

2 actually.

50% win rate.

Pretty simple really, Darius is copping the flak for a ‘fail’ at 6 while the responsibility lies with the coach for putting him there. Clearly Seibs didn’t see that coming so feels a need to defend his player. It’s just the way he’s gone about it that seems a tad amateurish to me. Perhaps if he was more upfront with the reasoning behind some of his selection decisions would he helpful and take some of the speculation, if not mystery, out of those selections or non selections as it were.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Locky field goal
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • mystico
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brocko
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • Rookie Alan
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.