#seiboldout

Playing at 5/8 does not mean we lose 58. Not, sure Darius is grasping the enormity of this position yet.

It was a turd of decision and I posted this at the time. He was 30 with a dodgy hamstring. Two years max and none of us here would be as wound as we are. Ah well he’s gone now ffs we would’ve said. Except in reality he’s chewing up our cap for two more years. I’d be playing him in Qld Cup or whatever it’s called. Macca can join him. Milford has to go back to 5/8th and we need to be playing a dominant half. Sack White and the board and tell Seibold he has to weed out the players who are mentally weak and don’t want to bust a lung for their pay check.
His hammys have nothing to do with how cooked he is at the moment. He’s mentally shot too pieces. He’s probably physically in good condition, just not between the ears.

His hammys have nothing to do with how cooked he is at the moment. He’s mentally shot too pieces. He’s probably physically in good condition, just not between the ears.
Well they need to pull a Greg Inglis rabbit out of the hat and get the NRL to come on board.

We could of had Belamy if the board offered more then Storm did, we are the richest team in the comp we could of easily outspent storm, that was completely on the board.
I honestly beleive Bellamy was scared of leaving the comfort zone of the Storm. Broncos too big a challenge even for him. It would take too long to turn things round and us lot demand instant success.

Like many, i could wear the "oh, it was a disrupted season, it was hard to form cominations or they're learning a new structure" if there was any sort of resemblence of a structure/game plan.

If we were just failing to adjust to a new style, ok, it will take time, BUT we have seen no indication of a structure/style. Our strategy in round 26 was the same as it was in round 1. Few hits ups, hope someone does something good, if not, 5th tackle bomb and hope they drop it.

I give up on this team. If i were a QLD junior i would be heading south to develop my game because it wont under seibold. Perhaps this is why walker left? I would not blame fifita either. If he were playing for parra yesterday, running off their halves and with the depth they played he would have had 3 tries.

Seibold has had a terrible year, no question about it. He has shown an arrogance in his player selections that is hopefully out of inexperience in the role as head coach of an NRL team and he takes a valuable lesson out of season 2019. Not selecting O'Sullivan against the Dogs is worrying...

That said i believe he must be our coach in 2020, if only to show potential future coaches that we are still a professional organisation. I don't think our market appeal will be strong if we punt Seibold this week less than 1 year out from the shit show circus of Bennett drama at the end of last season.

Seibold just has to make the tough choices, if Boyd wants to play on doesn't mean he has to be selected. Same with McCullough. If we play with a salary cap less those 2 positions for 1 or 2 years well so be it.

The guy has options, but does he have the balls to take them? I love Oates but that is low hanging fruit contract wise to put those funds towards a Sezer/Croft/Other and replace with Herbie/Coates or find the next Sivo/To'o on the wing.

..reckon all successful teams need a "Fijian Flyer" (copyright trademark) on the wing..!

We do need to let the dust settle and allow clearer minds to prevail.

Something Ive thought of for a while is why don't clubs in NRL have a Director of Football role? Someone who is the conduit between coach and board (particularly important for a first year coach), but has prime responsibility of securing the players the coach wants, resigning and prioritizing the youth players with clear pathways to first grade and particular emphasis on pinpointing weak areas in the first team and building a succession plan..

Now, who that may be is a open question but i think it would be a good demonstration of the club thinking outside the square and being innovators again instead of a laughing stock which we have been to the wider league world for about 24 hours now...

Last edited:
Just watched the press conference. Siebs doesn’t have a high opinion of fan sentiment and that’s not a good thing

from that press conference, he has a hard on for repeating "there's alot of talent in the playing group" and hes going to look at the situation from top to bottom. I just hope he can pin point the things we all can see are wrong.
Screw talent, parra's forwards just showed that hardwork, grit and intensity will beat it everyday of the week.

Siebold HAS to turn us into a top 4 side this season. That means making tough decisions and having tough conversations and the board letting him do so.

I believe Siebold has had his hands tied this season when it comes to team selections.

That's why he said in the presser 'We have to ask ourselves as a club, is just making the finals good enough?" . He basically threw down the gauntlent to tell the board to let him do what he needs to do.

Top 4 for me, is the only pass mark for this club. If Siebold cannot deliver us a top 4 finish in 2020, then he needs to go.

Last edited:
I am still giving Seibold next season to turn this around. He deserves a full preseason to see what he can do BUT if round 1 next year he trots out Turpin and Darius fucking Boyd in the halves then I am officially done.

I cannot remember who it was that said it but there was someone on here a few months ago that is usually on the money that claimed that Seibold wanted to dump Boyd but was being told he couldn't by higher ups (I assumed White et al.) I hope this was the case and Seibold's points in the presser about a full review and we have good blokes but we need winners points towards this.
My thoughts also. When asked if they may have used getting to the finals as a shield or somthing. he says something about having to find out if thats acceptable to the team and the club, just making the finals.

He has had interference thats for sure. From Boyds mouth it seems he thinks it was good enough just to make it.

Top 4 for me, is the only pass mark for this club. If Siebold cannot deliver us a top 4 finish in 2020, then he needs to go.

I don’t want to sound all doom and gloom but the reality is:
1. We will not Finnish top 4 in 2020.
2. Unless we miss the top 8 in 2020 siebs will
Still be coach in 2021.

I don’t want to sound all doom and gloom but the reality is:
1. We will not Finnish top 4 in 2020.
2. Unless we miss the top 8 in 2020 siebs will
Still be coach in 2021.

1. Not with our current squad. But I 'm confident 58-0 is enough to fast track the changes we need in the off season.

2. Very hard to speculate, but I imagine that if Siebold does not crack the top 4 in his tenure he will not be renewed.

Kevvie would be doing a better job than Seibold. He also wouldn’t come across as an arrogant wanker at every presser.

Im not happy with pinning all our hope on a 19 year old kid who may get injured early next year again.

I'm not but. Dearden is just one piece of a 4 man puzzle, Turpin is hopefully another one. Not so sure about the other 2, that's something Seibs needs to work out.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
  • Sproj
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.