PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

One of the all time great fullback's also had an issue letting the ball bounce on occasion early in his career.

just in case you're wondering who I'm talking about, i'll give you a hint. he is the current QLD State of Origin coach.

He learned from his mistakes and i'm sure Cobbo will also.

Another all time great who started as a fullback had one of the all time worst debuts in the Australian team which had some calling for him to never be picked again. That player happens to be widely regarded as the best / one of the best Broncos and players of all time.

I just think people need to settle down and understand that in life (not just in any sport), you have to make mistakes to grow. If Selwyn is of the opinion he makes no mistakes and therefore has nothing to improve on, that would be alarming but I highly doubt that is the case.

Another all time great who started as a fullback had one of the all time worst debuts in the Australian team which had some calling for him to never be picked again. That player happens to be widely regarded as the best / one of the best Broncos and players of all time.

and yet another had one of the worst State of Origin debut's of all time. no one thought he get back to that level again... he ended up being a Maroons, Australia and Broncos great.

he came a long way from getting sensationally dumped by Bennett due to his defection to a rival team

I don't disagree that we have been poor in patches but we are 4-0, we are doing a lot right AND we still have HEAPS of improvement left in us, this is exciting. Yet here we are, talking about one of our players essentially being a moron and uncoachable simply because he is immature and didn't go for one ball despite proving time and time again throughout his career, he isn't afraid to put his body on the line.

He had a brain fade and yet, here we are questioning who he is as a person based on some random friend of a friend's former roommate who apparently some anonymous poster knows who said so. The same poster, I might add, who gets upset when similar questions and concerns are made about Walters. Both of these threads are just simply stupid and I am going to keep sticking up for our players when they are doing a good job which Cobbo is doing and has an upside few his age show.
Sometimes you gotta let the droolers drool, your not going to change their opinion because they dug a big fucking hole on it.

If we won the GF and Billy won the Clive Churchill you better believe the same posters will be keeping on their path of bullshit about him.

I’d take into account the gravity of the night too. Could be the biggest crowd the kid has ever played in front of. Maybe the occasion got to him a little? I’ll cut him some slack.

I had an issue with his work ethic well before he played Origin and with good reason. He’s not a driven person and he doesn’t think he needs to improve
He’s a pretty good winger to be fair. Even if he doesn’t feel the need to improve by heaps he’s still pretty good. When he starts being lazy on field I’ll join the hate club.

Sometimes you gotta let the droolers drool, your not going to change their opinion because they dug a big fucking hole on it.

If we won the GF and Billy won the Clive Churchill you better believe the same posters will be keeping on their path of bullshit about him.
And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a bicycle

For me, all you need to do is go to the replay and watch from the 73rd minute for 1 minute. Cobbo may have a couple of flaws, but you can’t question his courage after the two runs he pulled off in that pressure moment.

Could you maybe give me some examples of the 'before' perceived issues so I can try to understand you a little better?

From what I saw and read, everyone bar nsw was absolutely thrilled that he had been selected. There was nothing but positivity surrounding him. He was absolutely electric in everything he did. And it showed in how happy he was.

I'm actually trying to locate an article I read some weeks after the concussion where he stated that "all he wanted to do was get as far away from League as possible."

Such a stark contrast aye.
@Cult

important GIF by mtv

He's got the dumb mistake in him but if it wasn't for Nichols knocking the ball out, he probably would've scored one of the tries of the season.

Yes, it would've been safer to cut in and pass but sometimes you've gotta let them take their shot. In the heat of the moment I would've called it dumb but it's good he's willing to give it a crack.

Can’t be bothered reading every page.

At this stage I think the jury is out for what he’ll be like long term.
He has all the potential in the world to be in the Inglis class, but unfortunately also seems to have the potential to be lazy and end up like a Chris sandow or Dave Taylor - lazy and a complete waste of talent.

The posters asking who do we replace him with have to be joking.

Take your pick! Hoeter, Pereira, Mariner.

If Oates wasn’t out, Arthur’s is the no brainer.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.