PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Thanks for posting that Harry Sack, I needed a good laugh, I have missed reading some of the entertaining posts on this site, almost as entertaining as some of the remarks made by the extremist right MAGA Republicans in the good ole USA.

I think some posters on here are channelling Donald Trump.

Hope everyone on here gets the premiership you all crave in 2023.

I'm guilty of this for Darius Boyd in our wooden spoon season, but jeez some people get set off about certain players WAAAAAAAAAAAY too fast. You'd think we're 0-4 and not 3rd favourite betting odds to win the premiership.
When you're openly mocked in the street by other teams fans for how much of a scared little cat your captain is, it's getting pretty bad.

and yet someone like Pat Carrigan......seems to live & breath KW/Broncos.

Who do we believe.....?

I'm not putting my money on Selwyn.
So taking that example and bringing it into terms we can probably relate to better:

If you have two employees at your work that love your boss - does that automatically mean he's an awesome boss? No.

People have different personalities, biases, philosophical beliefs etc. What works for one, isn't going to work for all.

Kev has a lot of jarring personality traits that would grind me badly - the superstition, the over the top positivity in spite of reality, the wiping the fucking sand off the table every 3 seconds instead of looking people in the eyes etc. Pat strikes me as a true believer, outgoing, everyone's mate. Cobbo is a shy, reserved kid who probably struggles a lot to buy into the over the top positivity. They are different people and a GOOD coach knows how to reach both of them by engaging different skils and methods.

I decided to compile the footage of Selwyn Cobbo's game against the Dolphins to see if he was as bad as people have made out.

He really wasn't that bad. He wasn't spectacular but he wasn't bad either. He put his hand up for the tough carries and was pretty safe when it came to kicks. Scored a try and almost scored another. People blame him for that failed attempt but Riki wasn't really in a position to receive the ball and he had just as much of a chance at scoring by going himself, it just didn't work out this time due to Nicholls coming up with a spectacular save.

If Walsh passed the ball a little earlier, he would have scored in the first half.

I decided to compile the footage of Selwyn Cobbo's game against the Dolphins to see if he was as bad as people have made out.

He really wasn't that bad. He wasn't spectacular but he wasn't bad either. He put his hand up for the tough carries and was pretty safe when it came to kicks. Scored a try and almost scored another. People blame him for that failed attempt but Riki wasn't really in a position to receive the ball and he had just as much of a chance at scoring by going himself, it just didn't work out this time due to Nicholls coming up with a spectacular save.

If Walsh passed the ball a little earlier, he would have scored in the first half.

If my opinion matters at all I would love to see more of these. It’s really awesome. Thank you

Watching that again, Cobbo actually had an even better game than I had realised. His only 2 errors were the lazy attempt at an intercept and the last minute balk when not contesting that bomb. The no try isn’t an issue at all in my eyes. That was freaky by Nichols.

Alright, like B4L i re-watched the game and saw more involvement. I think he made metres from our half, but will not forgive that attempt, or lack of attempt on the catch. It was soft.

I understand you guys don't have the same information that I have about him and have to take it with a grain of salt but I was just as disappointed to hear about it too. It's completely compounded by the news that he left a losing game and talked shit about the coach, on one of those dumb podcasts that isn't needed because we have 45000 of them already. So my mind is made up until he proves me wrong. If he's not willing to put his body on the line in a game that big, I'm worried where his head is at against other teams. I hope there is a change of attitude because I want him to be great.
The hypocrisy of being so vitriolic in defending Billy Walters multiple errors but then crucifying a far bigger contributor for one error is the best part.

I think you really love Kev and that’s great. However it makes you very defensive of his son and angry at the kid who said he wasn’t a great coach. It’s okay to feel that way, they are both valid ways to feel but just be honest about it

The hypocrisy of being so vitriolic in defending Billy Walters multiple errors but then crucifying a far bigger contributor for one error is the best part.

I think you really love Kev and that’s great. However it makes you very defensive of his son and angry at the kid who said he wasn’t a great coach. It’s okay to feel that way, they are both valid ways to feel but just be honest about it
**** off man. It had very little to do with his errors and everything to do with the information given by someone at the club, compiled with that lack of attempt at catching. Any whataboutism you want to play with is fucking dumb.

Jeez there are some tough markers round here . Sack him , send him to Q Cup .Fat , lazy , **** *** WTF !!??

I saw Walsh throw two poor passes to Selwyn , Reynolds one , Staggs two .

That high light reel from one game was better than some wingers will do in several games .

Staggs twice passed the ball behind Selwyn so he has to pause his run to collect the ball . Not giving him an advantage .

It wont be long we will see him split the defence and run the length Wendell Sailor style . Mark my words .

**** off man. It had very little to do with his errors and everything to do with the information given by someone at the club, compiled with that lack of attempt at catching. Any whataboutism you want to play with is fucking dumb.

He said , she said ,
My cousin`s brother in law `s mate knows a bloke who knows a bloke . FFS ....

Actions speak louder .

Nice one mate......

Yep....its hard to imagine why this thread was started after that game. He's certainly putting in.......

The high ball.....? He'll learn.....

I think he was worried about getting smashed by Niu, losing the ball and the Broncos having no one there to stop the Dolphins from scoring.

He really should have jumped so the defenders couldn't touch him but he'll learn for next time.

It was really good pressure from Niu.

Yeah not a bad game, letting the ball bounce was a heart in throat moment but you cant expect him to get it right all the time. I am starting to hate that he tries to go for the intercept instead of marking his man. Been caught out a couple times in the last week doing that.

Yeah not a bad game, letting the ball bounce was a heart in throat moment but you cant expect him to get it right all the time. I am starting to hate that he tries to go for the intercept instead of marking his man. Been caught out a couple times in the last week doing that.
probably the last problem that needs to be sorted on that edge staggs been pretty good at marking his man and knowing when to jam in and when not to.

Super late to the party but imo Selwyn's fine. If we're talking about the same shit in 2 years we have an issue. Personally I don't think he's been quite right since he got knocked out - probably a bit scary for him.

also i know a few people have mentioned it already but that bungle over the tryline was a superb piece of defending from Nicholls. Yeah he should've gone inside and it would've been a certain try, but I don't think he (or anyone else) expected Nicholls to make that play. Should've taken the bomb but I think you could probably name every single back that's left a bomb go before. Again not great but I'm not inclined to crucify him for what is seemingly a one off - if it happens on the reg, again we have an issue but I'm sure it'll be addressed before then. I don't think Kevvie, as bad of a coach as he allegedly is, is going to say hey mate no it's cool keep letting the bombs go uncontested.

Also
also scored about 6 tries doing it. Generally he seems to do it when the wing is covered anyway, haven’t seen it be properly exposed yet…. Although I’m sure it will happen

Also

also scored about 6 tries doing it. Generally he seems to do it when the wing is covered anyway, haven’t seen it be properly exposed yet…. Although I’m sure it will happen
yeah, im always all for it when he actually intercepts the pass and scores a try!! haha, im a bit of a hypocrite i suppose!

I agree 100% with theshed, this is top stuff and yes, more of the same when you can spare the time and effort

Well now I feel silly for suggesting that you are acting emotionally about this

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.