Sexual assault allegation

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008
it's a good thing our under 21's have the week off and dave taylor is in reserve if players do get stood down.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
From SMH:
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/br ... 93404.html

Queensland Police have confirmed they are investigating an alleged incident but have not confirmed whether it involves rugby league players.

While the woman has spoken with police, she is yet to make a formal written complaint. A Police Media spokesperson said the woman was expected to do so today.

However, sources this morning told brisbanetimes.com.au that up to four players could be questioned over the incident.

A spokesperson for the Story Bridge Hotel this morning denied News Limited reports that Broncos players were evicted from the establishment earlier in the day.

There were no players absent from Broncos training at the club's Red Hill headquarters today, at which a large media contingent had gathered.

Broncos media manager Trad McLean said police had not contacted the club over the allegations, so no comment would be made. He could not confirmed if Broncos players were at Alhambra at the time of the alleged assault.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not wise to get worked up over this. There is a process that has to take place. Let's also remember to think about the welfare of a young women too. i find it interesting some comments in this thread raise the possibility it could be an attention seeking exercise. if this allegation involved the Bulldogs I think the majority would have already made their mind up as to what happened.

The fact is that at this stage it's an allegation and discussing what could have gone down is quite silly when absolutely no concrete details have been revealed. Some people in here just need to calm the **** down and let the investigation process take place.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
hopefully its true they werent evicted at the other club, would hopefully mean they werent as drunk as what we're meant to believe.

if they werent drunk they should hopefully have the sense to not get involved

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Just because they weren't evicted doesn't mean they weren't drunk.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I was once a young woman partying in the nightclubs, if you are smart you don't get yourselves into these kind of situations unless you have had about 50 tequilas (oops). She wouldn't be completely innocent. Not saying she was asking for it, just saying there are types of chicks who get themselves in to trouble.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It was only like 9pm allegedly why would they be so blind so early in the night?? It sounds very strange to me. This has the potential to ruin two seasons IMO.

B

burgerking

Mar 16, 2008
Just chillax people.
It most cases, the accusations are false. Usually stemming from guttertrash in lipstick not getting the desired attention after the act or something is done or said after the act that ruffles said guttertrash in lipstick feathers. I myself have been in a similar situation, as have numerous friends and aqcuantainces. The emotional and financial cost involved to the accused to prove innocence is immense, and after being found not guilty , usually by infavourable evidence for the prosecution , or by admission of untruthful statements from the alleged victim, the accused then are left in emotional and financial mess. Yet there never ends up being repercussions for guttertrash in lipstick for making false allegations.
Gotta realise that there are some women out there that thrive on the drama involved in making such allegations
I once had a girlfriend (later diagnosed with bi-polar) bash herself in the face with the bottom of a bic lighter while screaming "dont hit me" so the neighbours could hear. I split the scene, 2 hours later cops were at my door and i was charged with assaulting her. $5000 in legal representation to prove my innocence, she crumbled under cross examination because her story had more holes than swiss cheese.

So until proven guilty, these guys from the broncos are innocent in my eyes until found guilty....if found guilty , throw the book at them.

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008
Days are long. Story Bridge first go onto another place doesn't sound like they were totally sober Beads.
Hey I agree with Steve. Way out of hand here. People blaming women for getting drunk and being the type to get into trouble and all the rest. FFS!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Beads6 said:
It was only like 9pm allegedly why would they be so blind so early in the night?? It sounds very strange to me. This has the potential to ruin two seasons IMO.
never had an afternoon sesh on an empty tummy? It's amazing how wrecked you can get by 9pm!

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Channel 10 just reported.....
Betting on the Broncos and the finals have been frozen.
A formal complaint was made this morning.
The Broncos will make a statement this afternoon.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
bianc said:
Days are long. Story Bridge first and kicked out of there to go onto another place doesn't sound like they were totally sober Beads.
Hey I agree with Steve. Way out of hand here. People blaming women for getting drunk and being the type to get into trouble and all the rest. FFS!

Read a few posts up, they were NOT kicked out. Story Bridge Hotel have denied that allegation.

Stop repeating false allegations!

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
bianc said:
Days are long. Story Bridge first and kicked out of there to go onto another place doesn't sound like they were totally sober Beads.

Story Bridge said that they were not kicked out.

damnit coxy!!!!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
Beads6 said:
never had an afternoon sesh on an empty tummy? It's amazing how wrecked you can get by 9pm!

haha I was on a footy trip all weekend my whole team had a sesh on an empty stomach.

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
Oh, and Atten. journo's, want the scoop, deposit 50 large into my bank and you'll get one.

Unread

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.