Sexual assault allegation

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
radicaljack said:
So, are those three players named on the Courier website the same players some of you guys have heard about?

Jeeeeeeeeeeesus enough with the speculation!!! Word of advice - hearsay is just that. It means nothing.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOL! I like your optimism last|soldier.

It certainly helped the Bulldogs rally together as a group. I don't think the Broncos want that sort of motivation though. And the Bulldogs had the benefit of it happening in preseason, not 3 weeks before the Grand Final.

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
What is the legal definion of sexual assault?

It's quite broad I think; could be anything from grabbing someone's boob, groping, to rape.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
radicaljack said:
So, are those three players named on the Courier website the same players some of you guys have heard about?

Most of us have probably read the comments in said paper that simply shouldn't have been allowed to be posted, however do you honestly expect people here to confirm or deny those or their personal suspicions on a public board? Seriously...

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Jeanette said:
mrslong said:
What is the legal definion of sexual assault?

It's quite broad I think; could be anything from grabbing someone's boob, groping, to rape.
eusa_think i hope it's only something like the former, and certainly not the latter....footballers really need to be so careful! I can't believe the stupidity of putting yourselves in a situation like this 5 days before a Semi-Final [eusa_doh It just seems so surreal.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep. And a month after Darren Lockyer led the riot act at the players for on and off field illdiscipline, and getting a pledge to focus on the task at hand.

L

last|soldier

NYC Player
Mar 6, 2008
Who would have thought footy players would be so dumb? LOLZ

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Yep. And a month after Darren Lockyer led the riot act at the players for on and off field illdiscipline, and getting a pledge to focus on the task at hand.

Indeed.

Even if the allegations of a more serious nature are thrown out, I am astounded that any member or members of our playing group would be acting like the season finished on the weekend. Its an insult to the remainder of the playing group, their captain, to the club and in particular to Wayne Bennett and co who have helped to build a compartively clean culture over the last two decades.

After all that has happened over the last 4 years, all the advice they recieve and the risks involved, all the traces of common sense and respect that they may have left in their brains - I just can't believe that any member of the Broncos let themselves and everyone else down by 'taking it easy', so to speak, during a finals campaign. Not even taking into account the possibility of more serious charges that we all hope don't have any substance to them.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I'm going to sound like a prick here, but is grabbing a woman's breast enough to warrant sexual assault charges? I know many people who randomly grab women's breasts and nothing happens.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
clintos

Yes, that's classed as sexual assult.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
radicaljack said:

As if we will discuss anything like that on here, especially to any of you 'Jonny-come-latelys' that have suddenly popped up from nowhere and started posting.

Until we hear from the club or police "officially" no names will be mentioned or posted and all the innuendo being flown around here about what is and isn't wrong or right is mere gossip and we are all contributing to it, some more than others.

The thing in all of this for me is what are players doing out pissing up straight after a semi win in the middle of the day / early night in the middle of a finals campaign, no professionalism at all.......pathetic [icon_non

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
On two separate occasions I've been standing at a train station and a random stranger has tried to cop a feel of my breast, it's not exactly fun and, yes, it is sexual assault.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I would like to welcome all of our new members to the board and I hope that their interest in our club extends beyond this ghoulsish fascination with this story. Perhaps they'd like to look at some other threads and contribute there as well.

I'm going to sound like a prick here, but is grabbing a woman's breast enough to warrant sexual assault charges? I know many people who randomly grab women's breasts and nothing happens.

Not sure but if some random bloke grabbed my wife's breast I can assure you there would be an assault.

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Depends who the girl is, wether she is easily offended or not. Not all girls will run to the cops.
A NRL player grabbed my arse once and I thought nothing of it.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
has there been any mention of witnesses? surely there would of been alot of people around at 9pm during the valley fiesta. that seems a little strange to me, although I suppose police would now call for witnesses?

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It IS sexual assault, it's just a matter of whether or not the girl would report it. Some girls may just handle it themselves. Personally, I couldn't be bothered with the whole ordeal for something relatively minor (I only mean relatively minor when compared to rape) but as Thorn12 said, it depends on the girl.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Emma said:
It IS sexual assault, it's just a matter of whether or not the girl would report it. Some girls may just handle it themselves. Personally, I couldn't be bothered with the whole ordeal for something relatively minor (I only mean relatively minor when compared to rape) but as Thorn12 said, it depends on the girl.
yeah it depends how bad it is, if some bloke grabs me on the boob I'd just shove him away and tell him where to go, it wouldn't even cross my mind to go to the cops, but if i was making out with one guy in the bathroom and his mates came in and tried to muscle in on the act I'd be pretty upset. I'd also be a bit skanky, making out with a grotty footballer in the bathroom of a nightclub at 9pm at night. [icon_shady

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Emma said:
yeah it depends how bad it is, if some bloke grabs me on the boob I'd just shove him away and tell him where to go, it wouldn't even cross my mind to go to the cops, but if i was making out with one guy in the bathroom and his mates came in and tried to muscle in on the act I'd be pretty upset. I'd also be a bit skanky, making out with a grotty footballer in the bathroom of a nightclub at 9pm at night. [icon_shady

Yer [icon_non [icon_lol1.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • john1420
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Seibs
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.