Sexual assault allegation

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
LOL @ so many posters in this thread [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. ...including a few admins. :|

If I allowed a woman to give me oral sex in a pub toilet and then she blew 2 of my friends afterwards...would that make me the new Hitler?

I honestly believe that some of you are so out of touch with reality it is a joke. AND further more, I believe that many men on this forum, if single and in the situation where a girl will perform oral sex on you, you would be in that toilet very quickly.

The "holier than thou" attitude is commendable...........or transparent. [icon_shady

For me, the biggest relief that came today (albeit, the full facts still haven't been confirmed) was when it was released that the woman involved was consensual to all but the filming. These players aren't Mike Tyson's!!

Young guys. Girls throwing themselves at them. Them thinking they are the shit.

I would lay $10k that any of you, single, with the same lifestyle would be doing the same thing.

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
I don't believe that EVERY guy would be into that Hammo. Yes no doubt majority of guys wouldn't knock it back although there are some which hold some morals.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
LOL @ so many posters in this thread [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. ...including a few admins. :|

If I allowed a woman to give me oral sex in a pub toilet and then she blew 2 of my friends afterwards...would that make me the new Hitler?

I honestly believe that some of you are so out of touch with reality it is a joke. AND further more, I believe that many men on this forum, if single and in the situation where a girl will perform oral sex on you, you would be in that toilet very quickly.

The "holier than thou" attitude is commendable...........or transparent. [icon_shady

For me, the biggest relief that came today (albeit, the full facts still haven't been confirmed) was when it was released that the woman involved was consensual to all but the filming. These players aren't Mike Tyson's!!

I would lay $10k that any of you, single, with the same lifestyle would be doing the same thing.

Mate that is just so far beyond the point. Who looks up to blokes like you and me and the average joe? Brothers, friends, family etc, if you or I had sex with a girl in a public toilet, if anyone who looked up to us found out about it they would be very very disappointed.

On this occasion, these guys are well-paid professional athletes who are looked upon as role models to our kids and representatives of the club we love. We have every right to be upset with their actions, particularly in the middle of a finals campaign when they know (or should know) that they are forever in the public eye and need to be cautious of what they do when they are out at nightclubs. They need to respect that the expectation is on them to keep a good reputation about the Broncos and to some extent their fans as well.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Players need to understand - You represent a club, you have a contract, the contract states that you should never bring the club into disrepute, and if you happen to do something that will attract bad publicity to the club, then that means you're bringing the club into disrepute, so you shouldn't be doing it. Thick as a brick.

I'm sorry Shaun, I disagree. I understand the image of the club, however in this case, they haven't assaulted someone, they haven't committed a crime. They did, what (disclaimer; we don't know facts) by the sounds of it, they thought was consensual.

That isn't bringing the "club image into disrepute".

I totally agree that players need to be accountable for their actions, however all we are being told points to the actions in this said event, not actions of direpute.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Hammo said:

Disagree - especially if you are dude number 2 or 3/the Steven Spielberg.

Firstly, that'd be disgusting, degrading for the girl regardless of what your idea of consent is and just wrong.

Secondly, I'd feel pity for the girl.

That's someone's sister, daughter, mother(??).

Consent, sexuality, psychology - very, very complicated and grey area, especially in these circumstances.

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo, we mentioned this earlier, you are one demographic (young liberal male) and you have no problem with it, but the club needs to consider what the other demographic supporters (females, families, older, conservatives) and sponsors feel about this.

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Hammo said:

So what is the investigation, investigating?? Surely its not illegal to film whatever you want in a public place??

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Jeanette said:
Hammo, we mentioned this earlier, you are one demographic (young liberal male) and you have no problem with it, but the club needs to consider what the other demographic supporters (females, families, older, conservatives) and sponsors feel about this.

Well done.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Jebadude said:
Mate that is just so far beyond the point. Who looks up to blokes like you and me and the average joe? Brothers, friends, family etc, if you or I had sex with a girl in a public toilet, if anyone who looked up to us found out about it they would be very very disappointed.

On this occasion, these guys are well-paid professional athletes who are looked upon as role models to our kids and representatives of the club we love. We have every right to be upset with their actions, particularly in the middle of a finals campaign when they know (or should know) that they are forever in the public eye and need to be cautious of what they do when they are out at nightclubs. They need to respect that the expectation is on them to keep a good reputation about the Broncos and to some extent their fans as well.

I guess we have a different morale radar Jeb.

Firstly, they are in a nightclub....which by definition is a place for adults.
Secondly, they took part in a consensual act. Dosn't offend me one bit. In fact, if some scrag wanted to suck my **** in a toilet, I'd consider it. I don't know how ANYONE can find this disappointing.

Also, I would love to start a list of consensual sexual actions, by famous people. From politicians, musicians through to sports players. Sex in a public toilet just isn't that shocking

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
subsbligh said:
Disagree - especially if you are dude number 2 or 3/the Steven Spielberg.
Firstly, that'd be disgusting, degrading for the girl regardless of what your idea of consent is and just wrong.
Secondly, I'd feel pity for the girl.
That's someone's sister, daughter, mother(??).
Consent, sexuality, psychology - very, very complicated and grey area, especially in these circumstances.

I'm sorry mate. But group sex, threesomes, foursomes and moresomes are happening everyday, all over the world. And that sister, daughter, mother has consented to this.

Jeanette said:

Yes, the club and sponsers need to worry about it yes. However, what I'm surprised about is the reactiosn of people on this forum. Like I said, they were in a very adult place. What if they were caught walking out of a Atrip Club? Does that reflect on the club? They are men.....flesh and blood, not some idol, no matter what people what them to be. They live in a democratic country. There were (from what we have been told) 4 consenting adults. The whole thing has been blown so far out of proportion it's laughable.

If the mobile camera was never produced, this wouldn't have even registered....so people shouldn't judge them for the act, more for the filming.

I don't for a second believe that anyone here is shocked, that from the beginning of nightclubs, people have donked in the toilets...and from the beginning of time, sex with multiple participants has occured.

B

boyds_biggest_fan

Aug 20, 2008
ok yes, my opinion means nothing as i am a kid. so if this seems retarded i apologise.
I believe not only is this a bad rep for the players under alligations but what about this chick? she not only consented to the behaviours, but she was classy enough to follow them in to there and do it.
I mean she constented but then claimed it to be rape as her mates didnt approve of it. not only was this absent minded girl involved but what about these affects of alcohol?
Really i think this is kinda being blown out of proportion. I mean say she consented to an unknown, pretty sure nobody would hear about it.
So really in my opinion, all the attention shouldnt be put on the players as they were given consent.

(not a great time to do things in the season i know)
(i also get the idea of girls throwing themselves at high profile people)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Whether its shocking to someone who would do the same thing or not = irelevant. People get offended when they see and hear of their and their kids' heroes do something like this, as was very well said by Jeanette. Tarnishes the reputation of the club which has a long and proud history. Would anyone complain if they took her home for a one night stand? NO! Would anyone complain if they were just making out in front of everyone? NO! What they did* was just blatantly irresponsible and completely lacking of respect for all those associated with them. What about the blokes like Tunza, Locky, Hannant, Nick Kenny etc etc who now have to put up with this extra unwanted attention in the lead-up to the biggest game of the season? I am sure they can rise above it, but their lead-up to this game has been affected by a few drunken idiots who didn't have the friggen consideration to think about their actions.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Exactly....it happens every Friday and Saturday night in 100+ clubs in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne etc every week.

Difference is, these league players should probably have resisted the temptation IMO due to the fact that it COULD cause problems. Even if it was consensual, someone might see you going into the toilets with her, report some bullshit back to the media and shit starts flying. I understand what you're saying Hammo as they did not break the law, but these players are in the spot light all the time, it would be in their best interests to NOT do that sort of stuff, regardless of whether it's illegal or not IMO.

True as well......so tell me why you wouldn't head to ESL, on more cash, where no one knows who you are and you can do what you please?

Look, in hindsight it was probably a poor decision. But poor decisions don't make things criminal, which is how many people are reacting.

Pesonnally, I'm more pissed off at Bennett and the senior players for not enfocing a no drinking pact, after Round 26!!!!

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
I don't for a second believe that anyone here is shocked, that from the beginning of nightclubs, people have donked in the toilets...and from the beginning of time, sex with multiple participants has occured.

So people are going to be fine explaining to their kids and grandma that it's natural to gang bang a girl in a pub toilet and video tape it? That someone like Hunt is fine to be future captain of the Broncos?

And then the NRMA will be happy to have these clowns, associated with this less than family friendly behaviour, in their ads? [icon_lol1.

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
Pesonnally, I'm more pissed off at Bennett and the senior players for not enfocing a no drinking pact, after Round 26!!!!

They tried, but obviously most of the group didn't want that, and i guess they aren't school children, you can't force a ban on them, atleast most of them have to agree to some extent, like Henjak was saying earlier, this group of players just don't want to sacrifice enough.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Well... i don't know about you guys but I'm staying by my team at all costs. i don't care if they've been accused of rape or even murder. I'll always stay a true broncos fan [icon_wink

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Jeanette said:
So people are going to be fine explaining to their kids and grandma that it's natural to gang bang a girl in a pub toilet and video tape it? That someone like Hunt is fine to be future captain of the Broncos?

It's up the parents to enforce morals not the club.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Hammo said:

This is what pissed me off the most and I guess we see eye to eye on.

Lockyer apparently addressed the group and said we need to enforce a drinking ban if we want to win a premiership. The players didn't want to make that sacrifice (for 4 weeks mind) and had no respect for their captain and his experience and knowledge of what it takes to win a premiership.

I don't think it's fault of the ones who tried to bring in a ban, but the ones who didn't join in. If my captain said, boys we need to cut out the drinking to win the premiership, if I respected him I would cut out the drinking even if the rest of the group were too piss-weak to make the sacrifice.

How do you think Locky (who suggested the drinking ban) or Hannant/Bennett who don't drink feel about this development

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.