Sharks expose how to shut down Milford

Pretty much.......

3 of the 4 usual spine members had an off day.

The 4th wasn't on the field.

=

We'll never be as good as the Cowboys and we're only making up the numbers in the premiership race.

:rolleyes:

To be fair, I haven't actually read anyone say that. I see people believing that there is still more in this team. Which is saying something considering the way we are playing.

So basically play like grubs to keep the games superstars out of the game.

Yeah that's really gonna win the crowds over.

As much as i love milford, one thing that annoys me is when he stays down after the tackle and has a whinge trying to get a penalty. All it does is ruin our momentum

^^THIS^^

It's starting to annoy the absolute piss out of me. I hope to God he gets it out of his game and fast.

I'm surprised someone hasn't had a word in his ear....."Anthony, just play the ball mate and get on with the game".

To be fair, I haven't actually read anyone say that. I see people believing that there is still more in this team. Which is saying something considering the way we are playing.

Maybe not in those words, per se, but comments like "the Cowboys are a couple levels above us" and "we're not a legitimate hope of winning a premiership with our halves" aren't far off it

and somehow, the loss to the Sharks yesterday only proves the point of these comments.....?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
Yeah and Thurston keeps carving up year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Shane, you're the first coach in the history of the game to figure out that roughing up a half can throw them off their game.

As Bennett said, Souths did the exact same thing the week before and Milford was noticeably quiet in that game. It happens to the best of them, even JT has quiet games, the thing is these players tend to rise to the occasion.

The team just fell short in a game of two halves. It's going to be a tough couple of months and I'm sure the Broncos will drop more games but they haven't cracked anything yet.

I hope the hype around him dies down, he's still only 21 years old and that kind of pressure and expectation can really get to him at that young age.

I hope the hype around him dies down, he's still only 21 years old and that kind of pressure and expectation can really get to him at that young age.

To be quite honest, I think he thrives off of it. Milf has had huge wraps on him for a long time, since before he was a regular first grader at Canberra. He's used to expectation, he has to be after some of the performances he has put in this year. Yes he was quiet against the Sharks but it was foreseeable that we would see the effect of no Blair and McC noticeably in the halves.

The hooker has a lot to do with the effect that the game has on the halves. Getting the ball to them at the right times is crucial for the halves. If you get bad service from dummy half, your time is drastically reduced

The hooker has a lot to do with the effect that the game has on the halves. Getting the ball to them at the right times is crucial for the halves. If you get bad service from dummy half, your time is drastically reduced

We will have to let Alfie know ASAP :laugh:

^^THIS^^

It's starting to annoy the absolute **** out of me. I hope to God he gets it out of his game and fast.

I'm surprised someone hasn't had a word in his ear....."Anthony, just play the ball mate and get on with the game".

He's got the slowest play the ball I've seen. It's wind the clock down to win the Grand Final kind of slow. It's like he doesn't really care about the next play knowing he's not going to be passed the ball. I don't know. I'd have expected Wayne to have stamped it out by now. It hurts us every time he takes a tackle just about.

He's got the slowest play the ball I've seen. It's wind the clock down to win the Grand Final kind of slow. It's like he doesn't really care about the next play knowing he's not going to be passed the ball. I don't know. I'd have expected Wayne to have stamped it out by now. It hurts us every time he takes a tackle just about.

Most of the time it's because he's being deliberately fouled and tries to milk it. If the refs weren't gutless or trying to keep the penalty count even, they'd be penalising the tacklers every time. He does earn his fair share of penalties doing it, too.

Maybe not in those words, per se, but comments like "the Cowboys are a couple levels above us" and "we're not a legitimate hope of winning a premiership with our halves" aren't far off it

and somehow, the loss to the Sharks yesterday only proves the point of these comments.....?

I don't get it.

XXXX you are misquoting my comment and taking it out of context. But feel free to continue if it suits your agenda.

I wanted to bring up Milf's infuriatingly slow play-the-balls a while ago, but the Milford thread is closed permanently it seems.

What stopped you from making your own thread?

Most of the time it's because he's being deliberately fouled and tries to milk it.

Agreed.

It sucks as well because on the rare occasion where he hasn't been fouled, his play the ball has been very valuable. I remember stages last season he'd somehow keep his feet in a three man tackle. The defence would struggle to reset and Hunt would be able to capitilise on it. This time the Broncos aren't receiving the same benefit because opposition teams know they have to be extra grubby and know they'll get away with it at a certain point.

It goes back to my point of referees being under far too much scrutiny. Teams never seem to understand that if there is a 10-4 penalty count against them, then they could be doing something wrong. Just like the Roosters in 2013 who whinged incessantly about the count.

Bottom line, Milford needs to suck it up and do the best he can.

Same goes for Darius.

Common sense. I didn't think it was worthy of a whole thread.

If it's Broncos related and a topic you're interested in then it's worth discussing mate.

So are most players in tackles much of the time

Most players don't have Milford's ability to keep his feet and get a quick play the ball. Yes, it's something he's got to get out of his game but he's being deliberately fouled more than any other player. It isn't like he's doing it because he's arrogant or anything.

I don't mind him doing it once in a game, but if he is doing multiple times and he isn't getting a penalty, then he really needs to get the hint and just move on.

Arrogance was the furthest thing from my mind. Immaturity more-so, I think.
Tend to agree with that. It's more about not being able to deal with the frustration of the constant fouls... but he needs to be able to pick the right moments, otherwise the refs will just look at him like they do at Greg Bird. :noidea:

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • BroncosAlways
  • cento
  • PETERN
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.