Sharks face salary cap breach allegations

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Sharks are having an awesome week.

The embattled Cronulla NRL club is facing claims of alleged under-the-table payments to players in breach of the salary cap.

Fairfax Media reports the club recently cut ties with E Group Security, which was a sponsor and provided security to the club, and replaced it with another firm.

Fairfax says it has been alleged the company - run by former rugby league player Sami Chamoun - helped to top up money for star players outside the salary cap.

It says Cronulla advised the NRL's salary cap auditor, who is investigating the claims.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...legations-emerge/story-fn2mcuj6-1226594091975

So the sharkies allegedly drug cheat and salary cap cheat and still arent much better than the titans as a football team.
Effing joke

Most of us would like the sharks axed for a Perth team. Maybe the footy gods are answering our prayers!

I don't get it, if anyone is over the cap, surely it's the Bullfrogs or Womanly?

really? from what i remember a few years ago is sharks could barely pay their players enough to even make the league minimum??

really? from what i remember a few years ago is sharks could barely pay their players enough to even make the league minimum??

It's quoted as saying 3rd party sponsor payments.

I don't get it, if anyone is over the cap, surely it's the Bullfrogs or Womanly?

Bulldogs i understand.. but manly i cant. they lost t rex and gained no-one significant this year.

Im not shocked that the sharks may have gone over. They bought Gordon, heighington, lewis, wright and ryan all of which would be on massive salaries bar ryan and wright and only offloaded smith and best. This comes on top of recent buys such as carney, gibbs and fifita.

Here's some rumors I've heard from a mate who's in the know

What's the bet its all swept under the carpet seeing it involves gallen, Bennett and hasler etc

FMD, at this rate, no one will have won a legitimate premiership since the Broncs!

On the bright side we can be the reigning premiers!

Yeah, Nine lawyers will have plenty of clauses, and I would even expect that doping would be written directly into the contract.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • jd87
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.