Sharks under investigation for salary cap breaches

It's just a little bit of peptides, it's all good.

The NRL should not be allowed to have so many grey areas. It allows them to feign incompetence when in reality they're just gutless ***** who don't want to have to make a hard choice. It's rife, not just on the field (penalty crackdowns, then not), but off it as well.

In this case, grey areas allow them to not have to take appropriate action when it's called for, and only does them more harm in the long term. So yeah, I advocate to take a stronger, no-leniency approach on things that actually are black & white but are politicised in to being grey.
You prefer it because you don't live in tbe real world. You have a disconnect from reality and are just crazy enough to think that if the world lived under your regime it would be oh so much better. You believe that few people have your 'true understanding'. Most genocidal dictators thought the same way.

The world isn't black and white, it contains grey areas. Just like every black and white photo, it comes with grey areas and they are elemental.

My speculation is that Rothfield has known all about it, but now that the Cronulla players have come out and insulted him, he's started releasing the information that he knows.
Cutting off his nose to spite his face. Wouldn't put it past him.
This could be right but he would be hurting a lot of innocent people to shame a few who probably aren't involved. To the new bosses credit he found the grey areas and reported it himself. It might be a while before we get details but that won't stop the premature ejaculations of some.

You prefer it because you don't live in tbe real world. You have a disconnect from reality and are just crazy enough to think that if the world lived under your regime it would be oh so much better. You believe that few people have your 'true understanding'. Most genocidal dictators thought the same way.

The world isn't black and white, it contains grey areas. Just like every black and white photo, it comes with grey areas and they are elemental.

You're wandering off on another Irrelevant Old Man tangent. Stay focussed here.

The concepts we're talking about here are black & white. The salary cap has an actual amount, not a vague approximation. Just like there is zero tolerance for performance enhancing drugs. What is the point in having black & white rules, if they are to be ruled on arbitrarily? Of course teams are going to push the boundaries. If the NRL dealt with Melbourne as most people, including experts, believe they should have, a particular team to which you claim to have absolutely no emotional attachment to wouldn't have gone and put themselves in the shit. Maybe. That's not accounting for the dumbshit factor of course.

Greenturd is claiming that the Sharks are more than 500k under the salary cap for 2018.

not sure how that can be the case, given they were reportedly breaching it in 2017, and for every player they lost they signed someone on bigger money + they signed Woods mid season

You're wandering off on another Irrelevant Old Man tangent. Stay focussed here.

The concepts we're talking about here are black & white. The salary cap has an actual amount, not a vague approximation. Just like there is zero tolerance for performance enhancing drugs. What is the point in having black & white rules, if they are to be ruled on arbitrarily? Of course teams are going to push the boundaries. If the NRL dealt with Melbourne as most people, including experts, believe they should have, a particular team to which you claim to have absolutely no emotional attachment to wouldn't have gone and put themselves in the shit. Maybe. That's not accounting for the dumbshit factor of course.
Ideas or concepts can be put down or expressed in black and white. The real world is colourful, you should join us in this real world. You think the Broncos should be punished ? You're on your own and Melbourne was punished, heavily.

Greenturd is claiming that the Sharks are more than 500k under the salary cap for 2018.

not sure how that can be the case, given they were reportedly breaching it in 2017, and for every player they lost they signed someone on bigger money + they signed Woods mid season

Doing his best to bury this before the finals so he doesn't have to ditch the 4th placed team out of it and have the code in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Again, this comp is absolutely obsessed with PR.

What if they were cap compliant in 2017 and the breach was simply not properly reporting a tpa? An oversight even? Maybe even with an unreported tpa they still were under the cap. Who knows without evidence?

The cap went up.

It’s bullshit, but that’s what the’ll say.

I love the line of "We passed our mid year audit so we are good". You fuckwits think the entire fanbase is as dumb as Facebook? The issue is the fucking payments that weren't presented to those audits. The Storm passed their fucking audits too.

Ideas or concepts can be put down or expressed in black and white. The real world is colourful, you should join us in this real world. You think the Broncos should be punished ? You're on your own and Melbourne was punished, heavily.

If the Broncos were found to be deliberately cheating, then yeah, punish them. I don't want my club cheating.

Melbourne was punished heavily in the record books, and through fines. But the club's officials, the players, and the player's managers all got off with nothing but a "don't be caught again".

Every player, manager, and staff's signature that appeared on more than one playing contract needed to be either rubbed out of the game permanently, or suspended from any involvement for the duration of the contracts. But the NRL refused to - because the players were big-name drawcards from a club that they absolutely can not allow to fail for political (AFL) reasons, and the managers are similarly the biggest and best in the business, with enough dirt on everyone from the ball boys to the CEO to risk upsetting.

Last edited:
What are the Sharks' gains & losses at the end of this season?

I can't understand them saying they're struggling to retain Holmes, and could never afford Bird to come back unless Brisbane pay the bulk, yet this year they're $500k under the cap?

I know Gallen staying on one more year would play a part, and players like Holmes are requiring upgrades etc, but surely in regards to the latter, they could (legally) front-load a $500k "bonus" in to his current contract in order to retain him for next year on a smaller deal, and negotiate the pay rise to start in 2020 when Gallen is gone?

I can't understand them saying they're struggling to retain Holmes, and could never afford Bird to come back unless Brisbane pay the bulk, yet this year they're $500k under the cap?

I know Gallen staying on one more year would play a part, and players like Holmes are requiring upgrades etc, but surely in regards to the latter, they could (legally) front-load a $500k "bonus" in to his current contract in order to retain him for next year on a smaller deal, and negotiate the pay rise to start in 2020 when Gallen is gone?

What are the rules on that. Lets not forget, they might be struggling, but they might just have enough brains in the club to know that back ended deals are a massive, massive risk for any club. Bulldogs say hi.

If the Broncos were found to be deliberately cheating, then yeah, punish them. I don't want my club cheating.

Melbourne was punished heavily in the record books, and through fines. But the club's officials, the players, and the player's managers all got off with nothing but a "don't be caught again".

Every player, manager, and staff's signature that appeared on more than one playing contract needed to be either rubbed out of the game permanently, or suspended from any involvement for the duration of the contracts. But the NRL refused to - because the players were big-name drawcards from a club that they absolutely can not allow to fail for political (AFL) reasons, and the managers are similarly the biggest and best in the business, with enough dirt on everyone from the ball boys to the CEO to risk upsetting.
MorkelPot, Pol's brother. Every one got off scot free according to you. No Melbourne player suffered, there was no abuse, there was no shame, there were no names expunged from the records of gf winners, there were no tv shows talking endlessly about them, no newspapers naming and shaming them, you're right Morkelpot, scot free.

Not every club feels duty bound to spend all the way up to the cap, some budget according to income. Hell, some are even fiscally responsible. Imagine that.

Aren't you meant to be a certain % close to the cap? Off the top of my head it was 95%?

The cap shouldn't even exist, or clubs should at least have flexibility to retain players that they developed (will probably happen now that Bellamy has suggested it, he better be careful what he wishes for in that regard).

MorkelPot, Pol's brother. Every one got off scot free according to you. No Melbourne player suffered, there was no abuse, there was no shame, there were no names expunged from the records of gf winners, there were no tv shows talking endlessly about them, no newspapers naming and shaming them, you're right Morkelpot, scot free.

Pol Pot? Nothing says "rules designed to ensure parity" like crushing infants' skulls on trees because it's cheaper than bullets. What does that make you, Ghandi? Or are you back to your smacked up delusion of like like Fred Hollows, shunning all of life's comforts in order to help the poor and sick, by, um, correcting spelling.

Besides being (rightfully) labelled cheats, and given the ability to play Really Small Violins, what tangible punishments were they given as players? Premiership rings recalled? No. Made to take pay cuts? Actually, no, they weren't allowed to. Some made to move clubs? Well they would have done that off their own accord if the Storm didn't offer to pay them illegally.

The only thing it drove players and clubs to do, especially those with no notable achievements to actually lose, was to not be so stupid as to leave a paper trail next time they cheated. Some paid attention, not so much others.

Now we know what Gallen has for breakfast.

40229427_1865455050211089_5151422412348194816_n.jpg

How many do you do?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.