Sharks under investigation for salary cap breaches

Xzei

BRL Player
Anyone else think that these 'pro' boxing fights that feature currant footballers would be a good way to pay people outside the cap?

Foordy

International Rep
Anyone else think that these 'pro' boxing fights that feature currant footballers would be a good way to pay people outside the cap?
I'm not really that concerned, it will be rare circumstances where clubs will allow their players to fight professionally in the off season (and zero chance during the season) ... the risk of injury is just too great ...

I do see it as a good way to watch Paul Gallen get punched repeatedly in the face though ... and that is entertainment everyone can enjoy :P

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
No, I think that's more a way to find a reason to hate on Cronulla and or Gallen. Mind you, I don't like salary cap cheating.

Xzei

BRL Player
Eh was more a thought about how shady Australian boxing can be than Paul Gallen in particular.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Big risk though. Waiting for someone to get legitimately hurt in one of these fights. Then the clubs will step in and say no

theshed

NRL Player
If anyone thinks it’s out of the realm of possibility that a player who can’t box for shit, for example Furgo, gets matched up against a bum who is there to lose so that said player can collect a prize that has been largely inflated by a certain “uncle”
connected to his club, then you must be very trusting of 2 of the most sus concepts in the sporting world - Australian boxing, and NRL salary cap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.