Sharks Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I guess you cannot compare a coach with 30 years coaching experience with a guy having his first crack at first grade. I guess we just have to be patient and have faith that they will turn it around.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe I'm just biased, but we're really missing Tonie Carroll or at the very least a player who plays with the same style.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I agree Emma someone that puts fear into the opposition... I think we are also missing that thing that beats in ya chest...

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Don't know how I made it to the end of that. What an awful performance.

Our forwards should have at least broken even but they were monstered. How many times were we driven back and sat on our arses resulting in slow play the balls? It was quite clear the Cronulla forwards were up for it and our players couldn't match their enthusiasm.

I'm convinced if our forwards hold their own we win that game. It would have steadied the young backline who looked horribly out of their depth.

**** me even a baby Broncos team has more firepower than the Sharks and they embarrassed us. Not cool.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Agrees with mick

I can handle getting smashed if the players are putting in, but not when they seem not to care.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
:( Oh boy. It's a long season, but tbh I never expected to win the way we did at the start of the season.

I can't believe people are bagging Hunt, Yow Yeh and cthe other youngsters when all they did under Bennett was say "give the young boys a chance, blah blah blah blah" and now he has and you guys are ripping them to shreds. They've been given their chance, they failed....but they'll go away and look to improve.

Now to the forwards. WTF. Definitely we need someone like Staggy. (in fact Staggy would be nice). Bruno needs to take a long hard look at himself.

One good thing to come out of this game imo is Josh McGuire. He's made his debut this year and he's still doing the little things, imagine how good he would have been coming into a side with hannant & civa. Sigh.

Also, Hewitt didn't inspire me on the weekend, he made a marvellous break up the guts and raced away to score under the sticks, only to slow down and get tackled 1m away, it was absolutely disgraceful to watch.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yow Yeh was hopeless last night what should we do blow his trumpet??? Yow yeh isn't a bad winger but he needs to work on his defence of bombs amongst other things.. I am not saying get rid of him for good but I would say back to QLD cup to develop your game..

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Beads6 said:
Yow Yeh was hopeless last night what should we do blow his trumpet??? Yow yeh isn't a bad winger but he needs to work on his defence of bombs amongst other things.. I am not saying get rid of him for good but I would say back to QLD cup to develop your game..
Yeah, I just think last year people bagged WB for not giving the young blokes a go, and now we know why...it destroys them. Best not to tear them a new one, just say yep, had a shocker, see you again next year.

I never wanted Wayne to leave, and now the proof is in the pudding. :cry:

I feel like we are about to start a St-George Dragons esque period in the wilderness. We have had 20 years of joy, and now the suffering begins.....and I don't like it.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly mrslong, and beads was just one of many who was bagging Bennett for not picking young guys.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What about Winterstien and Glenn??? Sure some of the young guys have been poor but that is due to a whole team performace not purely there own...

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Glenn, McGuire & Winterstein all shining lights to come out of this season. Winterstein needs some work under the high ball but really he's been great.

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
I don't care who was playing last night - that performance was as weak as piss. Absolutely disgraceful.

As I said last week - some of these morons learn how to tackle and stop trying to shoulder charge. It's such a low percentage play, especially when you're defending in your own half.

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Terrible performance. Too much drop ball, too much one out running, not enough creativity. PJ Marsh was atrocious.

Alex Glenn did ok, the young fullback was impressive at times. Winterstein is still mean. Parker was the shining light.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm already sick of hearing the 'I wish Bennett was still here', 'I knew this would happen when Bennett left', etc etc comments. Where's the guarantee that we'd be doing any better under Bennett??? Seriously, there are no definites that we'd be going as well at St George if he was still here. They're a different team, different players, different everything. Even with Bennett still at the helm, we might still be going just as shit as we are under Henjak. It's all well and good to say if Bennett was still here we'd be doing this, if Bennett didn't leave we'd still have such and such in the team....but realistically people, there are no guarantees of any of that.

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
We wouldnt have lost half the players had Bennett still been there. I think thats a given.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Emma said:
I'm already sick of hearing the 'I wish Bennett was still here', 'I knew this would happen when Bennett left', etc etc comments. Where's the guarantee that we'd be doing any better under Bennett??? Seriously, there are no definites that we'd be going as well at St George if he was still here. They're a different team, different players, different everything. Even with Bennett still at the helm, we might still be going just as shit as we are under Henjak. It's all well and good to say if Bennett was still here we'd be doing this, if Bennett didn't leave we'd still have such and such in the team....but realistically people, there are no guarantees of any of that.

Spot on.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Emma, I think under Bennett, we DID know what to expect, so its fair to speculate what he'd do with our 2009 roster he was here for 20 odd years, not easy to forget his coaching style!

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • ezpz
  • Broncos Maestro
  • porouian
  • Browny
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Swordfish
  • Morkel
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.