Sharks Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
Ghibli said:
I've got to say I'm losing my passion as a Broncos supporter. These players know nothing about this jersey, how much it means to its supporters and past players (and coach). They have no clue about what foundations the club was built on, and what it takes to pull on the jersey. Until I see those values embraced and committed to by this bunch of players, I can't put as much passion and energy into games this season.

you took melodramatic way off the bloody scales there.

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
some people in this thread are an absolute joke. talking as if the world is coming to an end or even after 3 heavy losses.

this is absolutely no where near what fans of other clubs have had to endure, past and present. some of you need to harden up a bit and drop this doom and gloom crap as these are tough times but put it into perspective a little bit.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
badav said:
Ghibli said:
I've got to say I'm losing my passion as a Broncos supporter. These players know nothing about this jersey, how much it means to its supporters and past players (and coach). They have no clue about what foundations the club was built on, and what it takes to pull on the jersey. Until I see those values embraced and committed to by this bunch of players, I can't put as much passion and energy into games this season.

you took melodramatic way off the bloody scales there.

Why? The players have shown zero passion and pride for the club and the jersey in recent weeks. It's only natural to feel a bit hurt by that as a supporter.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
I disagree...

If these players knew the below they wouldn't be playing like this!

Like Coxy said, it's very frustrating to watch.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
badav said:
some people in this thread are an absolute joke. talking as if the world is coming to an end or even after 3 heavy losses.

this is absolutely no where near what fans of other clubs have had to endure, past and present. some of you need to harden up a bit and drop this doom and gloom crap as these are tough times but put it into perspective a little bit.

We're not fans of other clubs. We're fans of the Broncos. We expect AT THE VERY LEAST, 100% effort and not roll over and surrender. We've done that not once, but THREE TIMES in a row. We aren't Souths fans. We can't cop that sort of mediocrity.

B

brisbroncosboy

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy agree with you 100%

I couldnt even watch the last 25 mins of the game it was so bad defence was hopeless the only players that played any good were Kenny and Parker the rest wake up to yourselves and quick !!!!

The way we are playing at the moment we are the worst team in the comp the rooters would even beat us !!!

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I've never got up and walked away from a game before the full time siren. I'm disappointed to say that tonight that's exactly what happened. As soon as Yow Yeh threw that horrible ball to Copley - resulting in Covell's try I walked out.

Yes, there was only like 1 minute to go, but I was so disappointed with that performance. I have to agree with some of the comments made above. Due to the fact that we are a one club city, and also a club that (previous to this year) has such a strong scouting and junior development program we have always had players who appeared to wear our jersey with pride. It was an honour for them to wear the Maroon and gold. Some of the players this year seem to just be playing for their money and not giving the jersey the respect it reserves.

I'm not prepared to give this season away just yet, but should we lose to Parramatta I will be having serious doubts over our depth. We need to finish this season with the same strength that we showed at the start. Let's not let Origin destroy us again this year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It really hurts to watch the Broncos at the moment... The players seem to have no respect for the jersey and no pride in there performances.... I believe the passion and desire at the club is gone and the players attitude is the worst it has ever been. Henjak has his work cut out for us to become a force this season and beyond.....

S

Snoochies

Apr 22, 2009
As a Parra fan, don't worry Bronco supporters, we'll play you back into form, we're known to get teams back on track:)

McGuire is a stand out forward in your team, at only 19 he has a great running game, lead the tackle count last night and shows aggression and has been consistent. He'll be a great assett to your team for years to come.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I can take losses when the team is having a genuine dig. I can take 10 losses in a row if the effort is there. But, quite frankly, it's nowhere to be seen. That's what I, and many others here, just cannot stomach.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Okay, my thoughts for what they are worth. 1. Can anybody now question the worth of Wayne Bennett as a coach and manager after what has occurred at the Dragons and the Broncos???

2. I have posted in a couple of other threads that I thought a lot of what has happened has come down to poor recruiting, both in terms of letting players go that should not have been let go, and buying players that should not have been bought. The prime examples are Petero, Stagg, Ennis and Hannant. Sometimes you just have to pay overs if you want to keep a performer. (Hindsight is 20-20, but can anyone now support losing Petero and Hannant???) One thing I know, is that quartet would not have been turning it up like this current crop of nuff nuffs we have. If Bruno had a significant input into those decisions and we miss the finals, then he should go. We really seem to have allowed the players that had heart and courage to leave, replacing them with lesser quality players who have no background or genuine interest in this club. Is it really any great surprise that the only ones that apparently seem to be having a genuine dig, are the true bronco players that have been in our system for some time, like Parker, Kenny and McGuire.

3. Even the side that took the field last night should have beaten that Cronulla side, therefore for that result to occur, there must be fundamental problems with the player's attitude and confidence. That comes down to a problem with the coaching (not just Henjak, but all of them). Perhaps these players have no confidence in the coaches, they certainly do not seem to be willing to put their bodies on the line for them or the jersey.

4. Can somebody go out and buy some heart for our forward pack?? This is where it starts and ends for us this season. Unless there is a massive turn around in the way our forwards are playing, I fear for where we might finish.

4. In making all of those observations, we are still in this competition (if our players want it). With the comp being so close, we can still make the eight, perhaps even the top four if there is a change in our approach and form. That simply has to start on Sunday against Paramatta. We win that game away, then the Warriors at home and the bye, and we are somewhat back on track.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Pisspoor effort from our boys. Our pack was virtually at full strength, there's no excuse for conceding so many points. A couple of years ago we had a baby broncos side play Manly at Brookvale and if I recall correctly they only lost 18-6. And even though their attack was ordinary they stood up in defence. Noone was disappointed because the effort was there.

Unfortunately, our success early in the year has masked our defensive deficiencies and now it's come back to bite us in the @$$.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Did anyone else think that the Kade Snowden try was a terrible call by the video ref? The game was clearly over, but in a closer game I think it would have been a very controversial call. For mine it was an obstruction AND a knock on and couldn't believe it when the commentators said they were ok with it.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
lynx000 said:
Okay, my thoughts for what they are worth. 1. Can anybody now question the worth of Wayne Bennett as a coach and manager after what has occurred at the Dragons and the Broncos???

Erm after three heavy losses? I don't think anyone can really question Wayne's worth, but come on - he presided over a LOT of losing streaks at the Broncos.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
subsbligh said:
Our forward pack tonight has proven why we will not win a premiership this year, or in the next 10.

Basic "couldn't give a shit" errors tonight, and last week. This team has no spirit. Resembles a park footy Polynesian team - happy to put big hits on and try to smash them in the first 10 but when they are out of it just switch off and hope it all ends quickly.

RIP Broncos as we know the club.

I am glad you said, because I think you have a very strong point.

I know this forum hates coach-bagging, but fair dinkum Henjak has brought nothing new to this club. This club has needed a fresh face for a number of years now, and Henjak was never the man to do it.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
mick said:
lynx000 said:

Erm after three heavy losses? I don't think anyone can really question Wayne's worth, but come on - he presided over a LOT of losing streaks at the Broncos.

Oh, I wouldn't disagree with that Mick, but even in those losing streaks, I thought the players were still having a dig and doing their best. I don't think that at the moment. In those losing streaks I felt that the coach was working away in the background to resolve the poor form, after Ivan's press conference last night, he just looked like a deer caught in the headlights about to become road kill. I just don't know if has any answers.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
lynx000 said:
In those losing streaks I felt that the coach was working away in the background to resolve the poor form, after Ivan's press conference last night, he just looked like a deer caught in the headlights about to become road kill. I just don't know if has any answers.

I think we need to note that this is the first time Ivan has been in this situation while in the top job. Of course he's not going to have all the answers right now, but you can bet that he'll learn from the experience. Hopefully the next time this happens (and it will), he'll have the answers then.

I'm just glad I haven't been able to watch any of these games.

Unread

Active Now

• ezpz
  • BruiserMk1
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Volvo Driver
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Galah
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Strop
  • Griffo
  • Organix
  • RodF
  • Bronx48
  • Foordy
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.