Sharks Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Ari Gold said:
rnabokov said:
At least one consolation here is that this the one game we can blame rep. duties on.

The real deal starts next game.

You are deluded if you think we can blame this on rep duties.

Sharks First Choice 1,6,7,9:

1.Kearney
6.Barrett
7.Seymour
9.Hughes

How many of those are playing tonight? Not to mention the Sharks are missing Ross and Gallen from their first choice pack. How many forwards are we missing? Only Thaiday.

Sure we are missing Lockyer and Thaiday, but they are only as good as their packs anyway aren't they?

For mine, it's also our missing key playmakers - and the fact our 9 is ... Well, we don't really have a good one, do we. Well, not on real form so far.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
"I taped over the Sharks highlights tape with a Garden Gnomes Weekly marathon..."

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
rnabokov said:
Ari Gold said:
rnabokov said:
At least one consolation here is that this the one game we can blame rep. duties on.

The real deal starts next game.

You are deluded if you think we can blame this on rep duties.

Sharks First Choice 1,6,7,9:

1.Kearney
6.Barrett
7.Seymour
9.Hughes

How many of those are playing tonight? Not to mention the Sharks are missing Ross and Gallen from their first choice pack. How many forwards are we missing? Only Thaiday.

Sure we are missing Lockyer and Thaiday, but they are only as good as their packs anyway aren't they?

For mine, it's also our missing key playmakers - and the fact our 9 is ... Well, we don't really have a good one, do we. Well, not on real form so far.

I think McCullough has regressed at a staggering rate. Most likely he's been found out. His dummy and go is basically all he has. That said, our 9 isn't missing to rep duties. If a little bit of organization was the reason we lost tonight then sure, we can put that down to being the reason we lost, but even if we did have those players we'd still have got thumped, just like we have the past 2 weeks.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Allow me to elucidate.

The boys looked good early and their defence and attitude was spot on. Porter, one of the best kickers in the NRL, get's a 40/20 thanks to myst left by the fire works and suddenly the Broncos try line is under attack. In the end the margin between try and no try comes down to a weak tackle attempt by Jharal Yow Yeh and the Sharks open the scoring.

We find ourselves down the other end and a determined run by Parker produces a wonderful four pointer.

Now we're in for a contest, until Porter once again sends the ball up high to the wing of Yow Yeh who has four Sharks runner swooming in on him. Unluckily for the kid, his centre partner Alex Glenn does a horrible job offering Yow Yeh protecton and Ferguson forces Yow Yeh to miss time his run causing the ball to hit his shoulder and end up in the hands of Mitch Brown.

An unfortunate penalty goal later and the Broncos are once again threatening the Sharks line and through sheer determination, rookie Dale Copley finds his way accross the try line but despite what should've been considered a benefit of the doubt try, the referee refers it to Badger who decides he's been held up.

Sharks and Broncos are now in an arm wrestle and both sides are making silly errors but the Broncos defensive line is depleted due to the losses of Clinton, Kenny and McGuire who are replaced by Sims, Wapau and Setu who aren't considered noted defenders and once again the Sharks find themselves over the line.

In all of this I've failed to mention Marsh's horrible work out of dummy half and the poor positioning by McCullough and Copley. Hunt's also had a shakey start but my point is, the forward pack was trying until the bench was utilised, it's just the backs who have been letting us down.

In Round 16 I hope we see this line up:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Tom Hewitt
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Josh McGuire
13. Corey Parker

14. Ashton Sims
15. Alex Glenn
16. Dave Taylor
17. Andrew McCullough

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
OK....seriously, games without our origin players, I expect and can cop a loss.

But that was worse than the Storm game. There was panic. There was no enthusiasm (apart from the first 5 minutes of each half). No brains. No direction. No guts amongst the pack. Absolutely disgraceful.

I don't blame the likes of Hunt, Yow Yeh, Copley etc...I put the blame on this squarely on the forwards.

The ONLY forwards who can at least show their faces in public are Kenny, McGuire and Parker. Parker was good, the other two solid, but the rest of them absolutely and utterly disgraceful.

Setu - must go.
Te'o - will be suspended.
Sims - go play stay at home dad, you're no use to us on the field.
Wapau - seriously, just play in the Q Cup, it's all you're capable of.

Clinton was below his best, but hey, he copped a ridiculous fine and suspension for a minor incident - I'd be a bit off my game too.

Henjak...you better pull your finger out of your arse and do something about this. Start by sacking Peter Ryan. Get a real defensive coach.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Hunt made some pathetic, even by reserve grade or under 20s standards, mistakes. He has potential, yes, but obviously not a first grade standard, yet.

It's Cronulla FFS. No Gallen, no Bird, no anyone - their first grade is a bunch of lesser no names than ours!!

Our forward pack has only Thaiday out. No excuses for them. So pissed off at that game. Fucking pathetic.

I can see Wayne Bennett smikring that old grin as we speak.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Coxy said:
OK....seriously, games without our origin players, I expect and can cop a loss.

But that was worse than the Storm game. There was panic. There was no enthusiasm (apart from the first 5 minutes of each half). No brains. No direction. No guts amongst the pack. Absolutely disgraceful.

I don't blame the likes of Hunt, Yow Yeh, Copley etc...I put the blame on this squarely on the forwards.

The ONLY forwards who can at least show their faces in public are Kenny, McGuire and Parker. Parker was good, the other two solid, but the rest of them absolutely and utterly disgraceful.

Setu - must go.
Te'o - will be suspended.
Sims - go play stay at home dad, you're no use to us on the field.
Wapau - seriously, just play in the Q Cup, it's all you're capable of.

Clinton was below his best, but hey, he copped a ridiculous fine and suspension for a minor incident - I'd be a bit off my game too.

Henjak...you better pull your finger out of your arse and do something about this. Start by sacking Peter Ryan. Get a real defensive coach.

There's no trust between the forwards. They don't believe in each other, they don't work as a team and with prima donnas like Sims, Clinton and Parker in there it's not hard to see why.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
what'd u say ning? I'm watch Flillght of the Conchords, the best comedy going around!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
what'd u say ning? I'm watch Flillght of the Conchords, the best comedy going around!

Man i should watch that as well! Have to wait and see if they read out my email though lol.

I just said it was a completely passionless performance and some other crap. They probably won't read it out considering i listed my name as 'ningnangnong' and my location as 'Burkina Faso'. :mrgreen:

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Corey Parker - Hold your head high bud.
The rest - Wake the **** up!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
McCullough needs to start at 9 and stay there. There is no future in PJ or Gorrell so McCullough is our only choice for the rest of the year. He does look like he has gotten ahead of himself with his petulant attitude .
Agree with most assessments our forwards were shite except for 2 or 3.

I thought Williams looked ok and is worth another go. Setu, Sims, Teo just look like so many other NRL paycheque players. The jersey means nothing to them.

Henjack needs to come up with something other than dummy half running and 1 off rucks its too easy to shut down.
On the bright side Michaels looked like he picked up an injury.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Press conference is on Foxtel at the moment.

T

thegord

Jun 5, 2009
Forwards are going atrociously (the good ones are with the dogs and penrith, and of course one with the all blacks), they don't have a hooker, the forwards are just sooo soft.
Why play all the young kids in such key positions out there tonight and what of Michael's,he was the senior back, didn't see much from him tonight, apart from the try, when he yet again refused to set up his outside man. Feel sorry for the young kids some of them may take years to recover if ever.
You really have to put this down to one thing, the coach, he is the one making the decisions, motivating the team, he sure is being put to the test now and it aint looking good at the moment. I suppose he was only a last minute replacement when Bellamy would not come.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Translation of Ivan:
- we were unlucky
- lost confidence
- things went against us

Please. We were shit Ivan. Say it. SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Coxy said:
Translation of Ivan:
- we were unlucky
- lost confidence
- things went against us

Please. We were shit Ivan. Say it. SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

BENNETT WOULD SAY IT!

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • porouian
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • ezpz
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Browny
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.