Sharks Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe, maybe not Sabu. But where's the guarantee those players would have played as well for us as they have for their new teams? We would have lost players, that simply had to happen, and who's to say if the ones we let go (thinking they were the right ones to let go at the time) wouldn't go on to bigger and better things?

My point is that there are no guarantees we would be going any better, no guarantees that if Stagg was still here he'd be going as great as he is (he played under Bennett for years and never went anywhere near as well as he is now and the same goes for Eastwood). Fact is no one knows for sure, and given that I don't know how so many people can come out and say if Bennett was still here none of this would be happening.

Yes, we know what to expect with his coaching style....but who's to say he could get the players to respond this year? And I seem to recall a lot of people on this very forum over the last couple of years mention how stale his coaching methods were and that we weren't getting the same results anymore, how he wouldn't drop certain players, yet kept under performers in the team....doesn't sound much different to what people are saying now, yet they all seem to think that Bennett could have saved us when not too long ago they were calling for his head.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
FTR... Ive always been a Bennett supporter, never jumped on the many, many bandwagons calling for his head.
And i get what your sayin, yes there is no guarantees that certain players would be playing as good or better than what they are, to me the biggest difference Bennett makes is in a teams attutide, he makes player believe in themselves and each other, and IMO its what where lacking this year that really separates the 2009 squad from any other...
They have little to no trust in each other, it shows in attack when were missing our Hodgo/hunt/locky combo, we create little because they wont pass the ball... and as for our defence, well Defence is attitude, and our attitude is poor.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Emma said:
I'm already sick of hearing the 'I wish Bennett was still here', 'I knew this would happen when Bennett left', etc etc comments. Where's the guarantee that we'd be doing any better under Bennett??? Seriously, there are no definites that we'd be going as well at St George if he was still here. They're a different team, different players, different everything. Even with Bennett still at the helm, we might still be going just as shit as we are under Henjak. It's all well and good to say if Bennett was still here we'd be doing this, if Bennett didn't leave we'd still have such and such in the team....but realistically people, there are no guarantees of any of that.
There are 2 camps: those that wanted Bennett to move on so we could see what the other side of the fence was like, and those (like myself) that never wanted him to leave.

We were always going to hear from the 1st camp when we were winning, and we were always going to hear from the latter when we were losing. That's the way things work. Who cares?

I think one thing we can say for sure, is that if Stagg was still playing for us (Bennett or no Bennett), he would be tackling everything that moved and saving more than a try or two a game. Like he has done for the last few years.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Right now with the way we are playing we are THE WORST TEAM IN THE COMP!!!!! however we do have the potential with the players we have on our roster to be the best team in the comp. never before in the history of this great club have we conceeded 40+ points 3 weeks in a row.... and from what i have heard last night was just the 13th time in our history that we have conceeded 40+ the players that have played over the last few weeks should feel:

EMBARRASSED
HUMILIATED
ASHAMED
INCREDIBLY DEPRESSED

about there performances over the last 3 weeks. these performances are just NOT good enough if you want to wear the Broncos jersey.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Could be worse. We could be a Parra fan.

Could be even worse.. Could be a Rabbitoh fan!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Could be worse. We could be Steve Michaels.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hitting rock bottom, maybe even missing the finals, will ultimately be a GOOD THING for the Broncos club in the post-Bennett era. Suck it up princesses and try to remember you are fans of the club through good times (been plenty of those) and the not so good.

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
lynx000 said:
Okay, my thoughts for what they are worth. 1. Can anybody now question the worth of Wayne Bennett as a coach and manager after what has occurred at the Dragons and the Broncos???

People need to get the f**k over Bennett. He's gone, not coming back and made his own position untenable at the club by negotiationing with the roosters(amazed that some people on this board still try and deny this).

Time to move on from Bennett and focus on the future no matter what that may be.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Could be worse. We could be Steve Michaels.

Gold.

As long as you're in it in the scoreboard at this time of the year its all good. It was 18-12 at one stage and that is when the inexperience kicked in I guess. We were never expected to win it but I guess the 46 points makes it look so much worse. We need the attitude fixing and quick smart. If we don't do something soon though it's going to be 04/05 all over again.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mick said:
lynx000 said:
Okay, my thoughts for what they are worth. 1. Can anybody now question the worth of Wayne Bennett as a coach and manager after what has occurred at the Dragons and the Broncos???

Erm after three heavy losses? I don't think anyone can really question Wayne's worth, but come on - he presided over a LOT of losing streaks at the Broncos.

But very rarely were their piss poor efforts the likes of those we've seen in the last 3 weeks (entire Storm and Sharks games and last 20 minutes of Bulldogs game).

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Teo accepted 2 weeks for that dangerous tackle. I think he is a little unlucky TBH. The tackled player twists and reaches for the ground basically putting his own head below his hips. Quite a natural reaction to his situation but made the tackle look much worse.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOL at ppl saying this is because we dont have bennet anymore. more like we dont have hannant, ennis, stagg, eastwood, carrol, boyd, kemp .... etc anymore. bennet couldnt do much more with these blokes than henjak is doing

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
LOL at ppl saying this is because we dont have bennet anymore. more like we dont have hannant, ennis, stagg, eastwood, carrol, boyd, kemp .... etc anymore. bennet couldnt do much more with these blokes than henjak is doing

What are you talking about? Bennett is GOD

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bennett came close to getting 40+ conceded in three weeks

Round 25 vs. Eels 68-22
Finals Week 1 vs. Storm 40-0

Ironically the next game he coached the Broncos won...

Round 1 vs. Panthers 48-12

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • porouian
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • ezpz
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Browny
  • Strop
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.