Shaun Metcalf back in NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coxy said:
My view is probably a bit more extreme. I actually think a foetus is a human being by the time it forms its heart and brain. This is at 10 weeks.

And yes, I'm also aware that you can legally abort up until about 16-20 weeks, but only with the medical approval of your doctor. There are reasons why this would be valid, the main one being if severe abnormalities and deformities are identified in the womb at this stage it may be decided it's more humane to abort the pregnancy rather than allow the child to be born and live an horrendous quality of life.

So in my view, if you do something to intentionally terminate a pregnancy after about 10 weeks which is not legal or medically supervised, you are guilty of murder (or attempted murder if you fail).
I think it's a subjective matter so it's fair enough. No one can really say for certain when a fetus should be considered human so everyones going to have a different opinion. Some people might say as soon from the first day.

Of course. It was people's opinion that was asked for. Remember, there are religious nutjobs that think abortion is ALWAYS wrong, even in cases where the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest, or the unborn child is severely deformed and with little chance of survival or a quality of life. "It's God's will" or some bullshit.

So there's going to be a huge variety of responses.

I wasn't "trying" anything. And fail to see the humour in you suggesting such spwn? Whatever.
Moving on
I think the major factor that makes this case so wrong, and can't be argued with no matter what your beliefs, is that the mother wanted the baby. Therefore kicking at the stomach to cause a miscarriage of the baby were she 1 week, 20 weeks or 40 seeks is wrong.

Coxy said:
Unless at least 50% of his salary goes to the woman he assaulted and the child he tried to kill.

maintenance say's it proberly will.

Old post i know but yeh

BTW, on the issue of whether a pregnancy is a person or not, it seems a 23-week old unborn child was counted on the state's road toll this Easter:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/preg ... 6044948984

AN unborn child has become the state's latest Easter road toll victim.

Police this morning announced the tragic news after a two-car collision yesterday south of Tiaro, near Maryborough.

It is believed the mother was 23-weeks' pregnant when the two cars crashed on the Bruce Highway about 2.20pm.

Coxy said:
BTW, on the issue of whether a pregnancy is a person or not, it seems a 23-week old unborn child was counted on the state's road toll this Easter:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/preg ... 6044948984

AN unborn child has become the state's latest Easter road toll victim.

Police this morning announced the tragic news after a two-car collision yesterday south of Tiaro, near Maryborough.

It is believed the mother was 23-weeks' pregnant when the two cars crashed on the Bruce Highway about 2.20pm.
That's in the 5 month range which is also where I consider it to be a person(after 4 months).
I can't verify it but I'm pretty sure the age where a baby is considered a person is 17 weeks+ in QLD.

You have a point. I'll make an appointment right away. Thanks for looking out for me.

You might be pregnant. That can cause abnormal and excessive tiredness.

I'll kick you in the stomach if you like. Then I can be an NRL player. Yeh boi!

The Rock said:
Is this fair dinkum guys?

You seriously surprised Shaun?

Because I knew it would be the first thing "they" would do.

Notice the lack of info as too why they congratulate him and lack of back story.

I'm in the "I'm not opposed to him having a second chance" group. There's certainly nothing to "congratulate" though. IMO it's a neutral thing, if they said no they don't want him I wouldn't have been opposed to that either.

The Rock said:
It's Nashy. As if I'm surprised. Only reason Nahsy supports "rehabilitation" for crooks like this is so he can use it to warrant forgiveness when he stuffs up himself.

Uhh yeah, I didn't create it, so go jump. I don't even know where you pulled the rest of that. God, wipe the shit off your chin, you're embarrassing yourself.

I have time, and time, and time, and time, and time again expressed my opinion on this matter in this very thread, just as the other side of the argument has time, and time, and time, and time disagreed, and talked down about anyone who thinks what the Warriors did was a good thing.

I have given my opinion. You have given yours. What more do you want? Do you want to keep arguing, and belittling any other opinion on a touchy subject? Do you want me to retract everything I've said, and everything I believe in the justice system, and the correctional systems in Australia and New Zealand just to appease your appetite for having the winning opinion, and being right?

Is that what you want Shaun?

Or are you just once, and hell, do it only once if you really want. Forget about the fact that it is 'Nashy' making the posts, and give up on your little personal vendetta against anything I disagree with you about.

Same goes for Coxy and Porhoz. Would you like me to retract my argument about people behind bars having the right to rehabilitation, and the right to be allowed back into society?

An opinion that I have had for years prior to this thread being created.

An opinion that is clearly not liked, and was actually discussed back in the day as a reason to ban me permanently.

Don't answer, I'll do it.

I retract all comments in regard to my thoughts on the worlds justice and penal systems. I hope all criminals who are convicted of a vicious crime are killed. I don't care if it's at all possible that they are suffering from a medical and/or mental condition, I want them dead.

Is that acceptable? What you've all been trying to do by continuing to argue? You all have valid points, and unlike what you all seem to be doing, I accept what you are saying, and understand you thinking that way. But I don't have to agree. Just like you don't agree with me.

Why the hell this thread remains open is beyond me. It's been going in circles for weeks. To the point where people are debating when a foetus is classed a a human, to try and make out whether someone, who the courts have tried as not committing attempted murder, is indeed and attempted murderer.

Anyway. I agree to disagree.

Call me what you like, I don't give a ****, I've had worse from everyone in here in the past. Peace.

First of all Nashy, I don't think I've ever argued anything other than your opinion on this forum. Never have I said you’re not entitled to it!
Second, I actually truly believe in rehabilitation and the right for anyone to have a second chance and a fair go at a normal life, which is very different than what you’re trying to portray.

But I do put limits and conditions to those second chances:
- The first, and by far most important one, is that none of the victims be allowed to reasonably expect to suffer by that rehabilitation. If that limits the criminal’s range of possibilities, so be it. The victim’s wellbeing has to be FIRST! No discussion, no argument, no buts or ifs.
- The second is that depending on the seriousness of the crime, the person cannot be allowed to perform a function where he can be seen as an example. As much as it’s nice to say: Look at that guy, he’s truly been rehabilitated and has changed his life. It’s no less true that people will also say: Look at that guy, committed this or that atrocious crime and not only did he practically got away with it, he lives a privileged life. And although the latter may be subject to argument, that is exactly what I regard playing in the NRL or any other high profile sport is.

Shaun Metcalf’s should have a chance to rehabilitation, but like most other criminals in this world, he should forever remain anonymous!

It boils down to a fundamental difference between you and me, and the others, Rock. To them, if something's legal, then it's right.

You and I apply higher moral standards than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • levikaden
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tim K
  • Manlyman
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrRobot
  • Manifesto
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.