Shaun Metcalf back in NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browny said:
Alright I got it from the Senior Sergeant - 24 weeks gestation is the benchmark

Hmmm, well bub would've been very close. Was born 4 months later = 16 weeks. 40-16 = 24.

Oh noes, my girlfriend got pregnant! **** this, boys help me kick the shit out of her stomach so we can kill the kid, It's my way or the highway! Hmm, maybe I should think about this, if i do this, my whole life is over, I kill my baby, I lose my job, my dreams of playing in the nrl are over, noone will respect me ever again....yeah right! *kicks the shit out of girlfriend, coz theres no long term consequences.*

Aeetee said:
Just for.... I dunno shits and giggles AP. When do you personally class a unborn baby as a "human" its not a hard question so there is no need to I dunno trivialize it. Just a month or day.

Personally I would say from 12 weeks on.

Just curious that's all.
honestly, ive never really cared to think about it. im all for abortion though, so that gives you (and me i guess lol) a general idea of the time frame.

and if what Browny said about it being 24 weeks is true, that means that it was NOT attempted murder in the eyes of the law. itd be assault (with intention of something or rather). still disgusting, but not attempted murder.

Anonymous person said:
Aeetee said:
Just for.... I dunno shits and giggles AP. When do you personally class a unborn baby as a "human" its not a hard question so there is no need to I dunno trivialize it. Just a month or day.

Just curious that's all.
honestly, ive never really cared to think about it. im all for abortion though, so that gives you (and me i guess lol) a general idea of the time frame.

and if what Browny said about it being 24 weeks is true, that means that it was NOT attempted murder in the eyes of the law. itd be assault (with intention of something or rather). still disgusting, but not attempted murder.

Well not necessarily. I haven't seen exactly where it says how many weeks gestation the baby was. Only that "4 months later" baby was born healthy. Given a human baby has a full term gestation of 40 weeks, and 4 months is about 16 weeks, it would've been close to 24 weeks at the time.

Plus, is the law Browny looked up related to QLD only, and is NZ's the same?

Why not just take her to a clinic. Unless she wanted to keep the baby? But also kicking in the stomach of the womb could have ruptured the placenta and bye bye mama. If she died it would've been murder, not man slaughter surely?

mrslong said:
Why not just take her to a clinic. Unless she wanted to keep the baby? But also kicking in the stomach of the womb could have ruptured the placenta and bye bye mama. If she died it would've been murder, not man slaughter surely?

Can't legally abort a pregnancy at that stage.
And clearly she didn't want an abortion earlier.

There's no redeeming feature of this case. Oh, other than the fact he said "I'm really really really really really sorry, eh bru" at his parole hearing.

Browny said:

Yeah well that is the law not
what is actually morally right
imo. Try telling people who have a miscarriage or other complications that is ok it wasmt really alive when they lose a baby after 12 weeks

The Rock said:
Murder by definition AP, not by law. He still tried to KILL (Murder) a unborn child. So who cares whether we're a few weeks out as to weather it could legally be classed as murder or not. It's still murder if the child died. So yes we are still talking about murder.
lol youre completely missing the point.

legally if its not even classified as a child at that many weeks of pregnancy then no, its not murder. you cant just go around going 'it doesnt matter if its not murder by the law, we're charging him with murder and calling him a murderer'. murder was a term made to describe unlawfully killing someone. you cant have murder without the law.

Bucking Beads said:
Browny said:

Yeah well that is the law not
what is actually morally right
imo. Try telling people who have a miscarriage or other complications that is ok it wasmt really alive when they lose a baby after 12 weeks

Mate I was answering the question, do I agree fcuk no!

My wife and I have had a miscarriage and we had an 18 year old girl stay with us for a while who had 2, a life is a life but not according to legislation.

Maybe when the slugger becomes PM and forces the religous nuttery on us then the law may change.

As for NZ I have no idea what the law states but does it matter?

He intentionally and deliberately attempted to murder,kill,terminate or abort the pregnancy by luring and kicking the crap out of his ex.

Whether or not it is attempted murder or not in the eyes of the law is irrelevant, what type of person does that or even have that in them yet we can let him play footy at one of the highest levels.

He can have a life and get a job but the NRL should be saying HELL NO!

I was just commenting on the law browny not having a go at u or anything.

All good mate, my answer kinda turned into a rant lol

Browny said:
All good mate, my answer kinda turned into a rant lol
I dont mess with undercover bacon

Aeetee said:

Just curious that's all.
For me I would say from 5 months onwards.

broncospwn said:
Aeetee said:

Just curious that's all.

Not picking on you broncospwn, because I'd like everyone to justify why they choose what they choose. But why would you say 5 months?

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
Aeetee said:

Just curious that's all.

Not picking on you broncospwn, because I'd like everyone to justify why they choose what they choose. But why would you say 5 months?
I remember reading scientifically speaking that oncee it starts getting past the 16 week mark is where the fetus gets all it's features formed such as legs, hands, nose, heart, muscles, etc So at that point it is pretty much a formed baby waiting to be born.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_fetu.htm This seems to back that up. Once they're at the 5 month mark they are pretty much fully formed. It even says they have a chance to survive if they're born at this period.

So that's why I say 5 months.

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
Aeetee said:

Just curious that's all.

I remember reading scientifically speaking that oncee it starts getting past the 16 week mark is where the fetus gets all it's features formed such as legs, hands, nose, heart, muscles, etc So at that point it is pretty much a formed baby waiting to be born.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_fetu.htm This seems to back that up. Once they're at the 5 month mark they are pretty much fully formed. It even says they have a chance to survive if they're born at this period.

Just wondering if you classify people born without hands/feet/fully functioning brain etc as human?

mrslong said:
broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
Aeetee said:

Just curious that's all.

Just wondering if you classify people born without hands/feet/fully functioning brain etc as human?
Nice strawman. That's not what I was getting at [icon_wink
I infact have a disabled nephew who suffers from infantile spasms, eplipsy and other syndromes and my mum is a carer for disabled people as well.
Nice try though [icon_lol1.

I'm speaking about unborn fetuses, if you are born then you're human, simple as that.

My view is probably a bit more extreme. I actually think a foetus is a human being by the time it forms its heart and brain. This is at 10 weeks (heart is formed and beating at 6-7 weeks actually).

And yes, I'm also aware that you can legally abort up until about 16-20 weeks, but only with the medical approval of your doctor. There are reasons why this would be valid, the main one being if severe abnormalities and deformities are identified in the womb at this stage it may be decided it's more humane to abort the pregnancy rather than allow the child to be born and live an horrendous quality of life.

So in my view, if you do something to intentionally terminate a pregnancy after about 10 weeks which is not legal or medically supervised, you are guilty of murder (or attempted murder if you fail).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Emanon
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Allo
  • Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • BroncoFan94
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.