Shaun Metcalf back in NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people who say it's different because he is only 16 would be correct, if we were talking about him calling someone a black **** or driving 20km/hr over the speed limit.

But we are talking about murder FFS!!! By the time you're 16 you're well and truly aware of how much of a crime it is to kill someone. And you're no more aware of that fact when you turn 20, 30 or 60.

Jeba said:
But we are talking about murder FFS!!!
Are we talking about murder?

Serious question. He wasn't trying to kill his girlfriend, and I'm not sure how a few month old fetus is viewed by the law. Is a fetus classified as a person, and therefore can it be murdered?

AP not 100% sure but I'm of the belief that after 12 weeks it's considered a person. I think it even has a victims name as the title as the law got changed after a dead shit got off a murder charge

Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:

Serious question. He wasn't trying to kill his girlfriend, and I'm not sure how a few month old fetus is viewed by the law. Is a fetus classified as a person, and therefore can it be murdered?

He was trying to kill his unborn child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:

Nah that is ok he has been rehabilitated

draggx said:
The ideal situation would be to let him play NRL let him make a name for himself and use him as an example of a young kid who **** up and learnt from his mistake. Put it in his contract that he must do talks with other troubled teens explain to them how that one mistake changed his life how it took time away from his dreams.

The ideal situation would be to not let him play in the NRL so young people know that regardless of how talented they are there actions have consequences that could take away everything they have dreamed of.

Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Anonymous person":19iam3wp]
Jeba said:

Nah that is ok he has been rehabilitated[/quote:19iam3wp]

Boys will be boys...

Or we could teach them that if they do have a moment of madness, they'll never be forgiven.

Nashy said:
Or we could teach them that if they do have a moment of madness, they'll never be forgiven.

Wasn't a moment of madness. It was a calculated attack.

Bucking Beads said:
The ideal situation would be to not let him play in the NRL so young people know that regardless of how talented they are there actions have consequences that could take away everything they have dreamed of.

Young kids wont know that cause he wouldn't be in the public eye....

Browny said:
AP not 100% sure but I'm of the belief that after 12 weeks it's considered a person. I think it even has a victims name as the title as the law got changed after a dead shit got off a murder charge
Pretty sure it's 16 weeks actually. It is actually illegal to get an abortion past 16 weeks, in QLD anyway.
Might be different state to state. Off topic but in Islam past 16 weeks it is considered murder so it matches the law as well.

If she was 5 months in then it is easily past that stage.

broncospwn said:
Browny said:
Pretty sure it's 16 weeks actually. It is actually illegal to get an abortion past 16 weeks, in QLD anyway.
Might be different state to state. Off topic but in Islam past 16 weeks it is considered murder so it matches the law as well.

If she was 5 months in then it is easily past that stage.

Wow, I always thought Islam would be more like Catholicism and decree it a murder if performed anytime after conception. I learned something today.

The Rock said:
Who cares whether or not it would be "legally" classed as murder. It's still MURDER by definition! So yes AP we ARE talking about murder here.
Well it does matter if it's legally murder or not, cause if it's not then it's not murder lol. You can't go to jail for murdering someone if you didn't murder someone lol.

Some places, I believe it might have been America up until a while ago (but I very well could be wrong), didn't class a baby as a person until it had literally taken a breathe outside the womb. You can't murder something that's not classed as a living human being.

Not that I'm defending him or his actions. I'm just saying that you're all calling him an attempted murderer when technically that might not be true, even if that's essentially what he intended on doing.

The Rock said:
Who cares whether or not it would be "legally" classed as murder. It's still MURDER by definition! So yes AP we ARE talking about murder here.

No we are talking about attempted murder, The baby was born 4months later.

Just for.... I dunno shits and giggles AP. When do you personally class a unborn baby as a "human" its not a hard question so there is no need to I dunno trivialize it. Just a month or day.

Personally I would say from 12 weeks on.

Just curious that's all.

Aeetee said:
Just for.... I dunno shits and giggles AP. When do you personally class a unborn baby as a "human" its not a hard question so there is no need to I dunno trivialize it. Just a month or day.

Personally I would say from 12 weeks on.

Just curious that's all.

Personally i would say the moment i know my missus is pregnant i class it as a child and living.

Alright I got it from the Senior Sergeant - 24 weeks gestation is the benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • The Strapper
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • kiwibronco
  • Strop
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.