Sheffield Shield

Worrall back from injury with 7/64.

Another 100 for Patterson, cementing his Ashes spot.

Last edited:
In fact it's been a pretty good round for a lot of Ashes hopefuls -

Bancroft - 138*
Patterson - 134
Harris - 95
Wade - 77
Burns - 60
Labuschagne - 59
Head - 50

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Patterson
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc / Richardson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood / Richardson

Maybe? I dunno, it's actually quite hard to find spots for everyone with the late flurry of runs towards the end of the Summer. Hard to leave Harris out, guys like Wade, Bancroft & Labuschagne could still push for spots with big runs in the next month or so. Do we throw Warner & Smith back in with no FC cricket under their belt? Still 5 months away, but what way would you guys be leaning? @1910 @Sproj

Last edited:
@Unbreakable I think you've pretty much nailed where it's at. I'm not sure anything other than that can occur.

It is great to see the main contenders all stand up so far aside from Renshaw and Pucovski.

I do wonder if Warner does need to be rushed back, I honestly don't know. I think his record speaks for itself at home but overseas, well not as much. He should be made to earn his spot back I think, given there are three/four decent enough other options at present to partner Burns - Harris/Bancroft/Khawaja.

I would like to get Richardson in there too, maybe instead of Hazlewood but I'm not sure. I think Starc needs to play, he just has that ability to rip a side apart on his day.

I also am in the minority as to thinking that Stoinis should probably be in the side, as a fifth bowling option is needed. That said, Smith offers a decent enough fifth option. I really don't know. I feel this is the parts of the side that is settled:

2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Patterson
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
11. Lyon

Wakim 160 on debut.

Second Tiger to do it first innings on debut, fifth Tiger on debut.

1 wicket too

So 7th guy to score 100 and take a wicket first innings in SS

Last edited:
Interesting age to debut, what’s taken him so long?

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Patterson
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc / Richardson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood / Richardson

Maybe? I dunno, it's actually quite hard to find spots for everyone with the late flurry of runs towards the end of the Summer. Hard to leave Harris out, guys like Wade, Bancroft & Labuschagne could still push for spots with big runs in the next month or so. Do we throw Warner & Smith back in with no FC cricket under their belt? Still 5 months away, but what way would you guys be leaning? @1910 @Sproj

Warner
Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson
Stonis
Labuschagne
Carey
Paine
Hanscomb
Starc
Cummins
Richardson
Hazlewood
Lyon
Worrall/Neser

That's my 17 man squad at the moment.

Bird (7 for) and SOK (5 for) bowling themselves into contention with five wicket, match winning hauls. We probably need a bowler like Bird in England, he'd be amazing on seaming wickets. It's not like Starc, outside of bullying a beaten Sri Lankan team in one innings, has been crash hot recently.

Interesting age to debut, what’s taken him so long?

Tassie selectors could have been taking advice from the Aus selectors and leaving deserving players out for 'talented prospects'.

Last edited:
Tassie selectors could have been taking advice from the Aus selectors and leaving deserving players out for 'talented prospects'.

He only moved there 12 months ago. He's been captain of the twos and forced his way in.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.