NEWS Shock Broncos switch has $1M star on the move

Can Murray was doing it just as well last year under AS...

I didn’t mean to word that in a way in which I was crediting any particular coach. Just that Cam Murray is a similar player to Bird and he is killing it at lock.

Confirmed: Media outlets read Broncoshq for their scoops.

Also, I wonder if Boyd will play 6 this week with a view to Paix going into the halves next week and Boyd to centre if the Milf experiment works. Paix did just re-sign afterall.

I wonder if Boyd might go to centre this week actually:

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. SOS
7. Turpin
8. Haas
9. Macca
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Segeyaro
15. Joffa
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

Is this actually that out there??
I'd swap Offa and tpj but I'm shocked to hear myself say yep that could definitely work. Turps put in a solid showing for us in the halves when Deardon went down early.

Wayne signed Jack to play lock in a modern twist to the role, he’s done it with Cam Murray at Souths and look how awesome that’s working out. Maybe Jack can finally get a shot at that position.

Yeah, he’s also playing Adam Reynolds at halfback. He’s a visionary.

Wayne signed Jack to play lock in a modern twist to the role, he’s done it with Cam Murray at Souths and look how awesome that’s working out. Maybe Jack can finally get a shot at that position.

TPJ has just as many strings to his bow as Murray in terms of attack, if not more. He's just horrendously out of form/ inconsistent.

I think Milford's time at 5/8 could actually be a benefit to him at the back.

He's added more to his attacking game in his time at 5/8 for the Broncos and he'll have more room and time at the back so this could be a masterstroke.

Or it could be a disaster. Guess we'll find out.

This is a great move long term. Not sure what’s not to like about this move.

We’ve moved Milford to fullback and re-signed Paix.

This opens up a path way for Paix at 6 seeing as Boyd is not a long term option there, he can easily shift out to the centres.

Next year with a pre season under everyone’s belt I’d love to see this spine in Round 1

1. Milford
6. Paix
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

My full line up (with no more signings or releases)

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Corey Paix
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Joe Ofahengaue

18. Andrew McCullough
19. Alex Glenn
20. Patrick Carrigan
21. Richard Kennar

Final piece of the puzzle is you having seen a player you’re calling for.

Assuming it's not bullshit, I'm realjly keen to see the switch. Boyd just doesn't have it in him to play fullback anymore.

Turpin would be a good Half imo, we need a gritty half who will put their body on the line and always thinking about what to do next, he is an exceptional Hooker but we might need him more at Half, and if we were to do it now till the end of the year that should be enough to solidify his confidence in the role for a breakout 2020.

Last edited:
Turpin would be a good Half imo, we need a gritty half who will put their body on the line and always thinking about what to do next, he is an exceptional Hooker but we might need him more at Half, and if we were to do it now till the end of the year that should be enough to solidify his confidence in the role for a breakout 2020.
There isn’t enough good dummy-half’s in the NRL so I wouldn’t move him to half which we already have 4 of

I think Milford's time at 5/8 could actually be a benefit to him at the back.

He's added more to his attacking game in his time at 5/8 for the Broncos and he'll have more room and time at the back so this could be a masterstroke.

Or it could be a disaster. Guess we'll find out.
He can not possibly be a worse fullback than Darius is right now. So the move would have to be better from that standpoint. Darius to 5/8 is a head-scratcher though. Shibasaki hasn't exactly been burning down the house, I'd have dumped him and put Darius in the centres.

This decision is justifiable. However it is dumbfounding in the context of releasing Nikorima. He would have matched well with Deardon.

Boyd should finish his career in the centres. He is not an organiser nor a kicker.

It is a myth he is a poor front line defender - he plugged the holes in our leaky right side last year.

If we’re going down this route I’d rather Macca at 5/8, Boyd to centre.

Yeah Macca would bring incredible X factor to the position with his amazing running game
piss off, if he has to be anywhere in the side I’d rather it be in the halves. We could then leave Turpin and Seggy as our hookers.

And at least he can kick and kind of pass, he Trumps Boyd in that regard. Has about the same non existent running game as Boyd so you’re not losing much there. Use ya head.

Last edited:
piss off, if he has to be anywhere in the side I’d rather it be in the halves. We could then leave Turpin and Seggy as our hookers.
It’s only a joke mate, if I had it my way I would drop him and Boyd

Last edited:
If we’re going down this route I’d rather Macca at 5/8, Boyd to centre.

That would be officially worse than Hoffman playing 5/8. Macca is legitimately a passenger in our side to such an extent that we're now entertaining the thought of chucking him into the halves to get him out of the hooking spot. How about we chuck him into a QCUP side and never select him again?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Aldo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.