NEWS Shock leader in Broncos captaincy race

That's all well and good but personally I just don't think he is the right man for the job. It's possible that he might have earnt the right to be forgiven, but he has not earnt the right to captain our side imo.

I think your wrong, IMO.

**** the PR ... if Lodge is the best leader of the team then give him the captaincy ...

then get our PR team to spin it as the ultimate redemption story ... which we wouldn't need to do if we were a NSW club, as the media would have already done that for us

A leader should be smart on the field and know when to bite and know when to stir. Lodge still hasnt learnt that yet.

IMO too many silly mistakes and gets rolled up to easy. He is an easy target to stir up, if i was an opposition coach i would target him all day to ruffle his feathers and stifle the team.

I reckon Lodge is exactly the type of guy who will go up a level when given the captaincy.

TBH, I'm sick of the friendly soft ***** in our team, Hodges was one of our best ever captains and he wasn't a friendly **** who lost the game then went and had a laugh with the opposition.

We need that fire, Lodge has the talent and the right attitude to lead us for a long time to come.

As for PR or commercial, man, I don't give a flying ****. We're not a school cheer leaders club. Our goal is to be the best, if he's good enough to put on a jersey, he's good enough to be a captain.

Last edited:
Dropping Darius & Macca to Q cup or having them move on completely and making Lodgey skipper is my interpretation of Seibs' 'Burn the boats' metaphor to a T.

Really not a good idea. Says a lot about the lack of leadership at the club if Lodge gets the gig

I personally am not a fan of lodge as captain but can understand people's advocacy for him, however, i do think we need a smarter leader who can communicate with the referees more effectively and be more articulate for the media responsibilities of a NRL captain.

Although i am not a fan of co-captaincy, if lodge is considered a captain, i think we need to utilise a co-captain system (which is also useful when lodge takes rest breaks during the game).

Where is this “Lodge is a idiot and couldn’t talk to the refs” shit coming from? I’m not saying he is a genius but he also doesn’t come across as an idiot and I have never seen him be disrespectful to the refs.

Where is this “Lodge is a idiot and couldn’t talk to the refs” shit coming from? I’m not saying he is a genius but he also doesn’t come across as an idiot and I have never seen him be disrespectful to the refs.
Do not twist my words, i am not inferring he is an idiot or that he is disrespectful to refs, however he does lack some on field discipline and give stupid penalties (i.e holding down penalties, little niggling things).

Working effectively with refs is not just not being disrespectful, it is working out the best way to achieve the best outcome for our team from that specific referee. Some respond to pressure, others respond to a lighter touch and conversations, i dont think lodge has developed the experience to determine which situation calls for which yet.

In the media, you need a well spoken clean skin, or else you and the team look like mugs (i.e. gallen and cronulla).

Last edited:
Our club is an absolute debacle! Who gives a flying fark what the players want. These plebs couldnt even score a single point in our most important game of the season.

I've supported the Broncs since I was a kid but if they name Lodge Captain and Boyd remains in the 17 than they will be testing my continued support.
Well we're not alone are we! Parramatta couldn't score a point either so...We're all disappointed but these bad times make the good times oh so much sweeter. We'll be basking in glory again one day and this time will be nothing but a bitter memory. Cheer up, Boyd won't be here forever and Lodge hasn't even been named captain. Let's wait and see, Boyd may not even make the opening bell of the 2020 season.

Well we're not alone are we! Parramatta couldn't score a point either so...We're all disappointed but these bad times make the good times oh so much sweeter. We'll be basking in glory again one day and this time will be nothing but a bitter memory. Cheer up, Boyd won't be here forever and Lodge hasn't even been named captain. Let's wait and see, Boyd may not even make the opening bell of the 2020 season.

I pray 🙏😂

Our club is an absolute debacle! Who gives a flying fark what the players want. These plebs couldnt even score a single point in our most important game of the season.

I've supported the Broncs since I was a kid but if they name Lodge Captain and Boyd remains in the 17 than they will be testing my continued support.

It's just a way of saying he is a popular choice with the playing group, not that the playing group will be making the decision

Active Now

• RodF
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.