Short Kickoffs and Drop-Outs

37% success rate this year. It doesn't matter how it spins, this is a shit tactic that rarely actually gives us the ball back, then an entire set in defence on our line.

How are people for this? I truly do not understand.

I will type this slowly so you can grasp it .
Easier to defend inside the 10 with the FB in the line . As proven on Sunday .

I will type this slowly so you can grasp it .
Easier to defend inside the 10 with the FB in the line . As proven on Sunday .

I mean, the opposite was proven on Sunday too. So this is a null argument completely.

I mean, the opposite was proven on Sunday too. So this is a null argument completely.

Wha !!?
Defended a lot of tackles on their line .

If they hadn`t fcked up and not supported Herbert the score line would be different . Total fck up . Brain fade , hara kiri , unquenchable dumpster fire , MIA , WTF !? DAMN !

That was the difference not the short kick off .

Wha !!?
Defended a lot of tackles on their line .

If they hadn`t fcked up and not supported Herbert the score line would be different . Total fck up . Brain fade , hara kiri , unquenchable dumpster fire , MIA , WTF !? DAMN !

That was the difference not the short kick off .

Maybe in 6 months I'll have a different opinion on them.

37% to potentially swing the momentum is worth it to me. I don't think starting your defensive set on your 10 metre vs your 30 metre line 2 out of every 3 times is that big a deal compared to the benefits of getting the ball back.
If that stat is true, 37% chance of swinging the momentum, then yes you absolutely go for it, but not every time.
Know when you go for it? When you need a momentum change. And correct me if I'm wrong, you don't need a momentum change when you're leading a GF. You need high percentage plays.
I love Reyno, and think it's madness to talk about not extending him, he is the reason we are as good as we were in 23, but if you can't see/admit he took the wrong option on at least some of those 3 shorties, I got nothing left to say.
I watched the GF in a pub that had primarily Bronco supporters, and when I yelled out "FFS kick it LONG Reynolds", the whole place erupted except for the 2 Penrith fans nearby who pissed themselves laughing - even they knew.

was under the impression it was blowing hard around the time of the majority of the short dropouts in which case surely it was the right option wind looked pretty crazy dont know how much distance you would be getting.

Even if you’re gonna go short, why do they always put it barely 10m? The amount of penalties for not making the distance or kicks going out on the full is very high

Go 15 or 20 and your backs can get a running start at it

Also if there’s a bat back it’s not directly endangering the tryline …..

Fucking this. It has to GO 10 guys, it doesn't have to land ON the 10 ffs.

It's a play that only works if everyone is on board and doing their part. There absolutely should have been someone there besides Mitch fucking Kenny to take that bat back.

Was it just after Walsh copped the hit to his shin? Is that why he was back in the in-goal behind the posts still?

Haven't rewatched the game yet...still too soon...

Fucking this. It has to GO 10 guys, it doesn't have to land ON the 10 ffs.

It's a play that only works if everyone is on board and doing their part. There absolutely should have been someone there besides Mitch fucking Kenny to take that bat back.
I appreciate your rage Harry..... 😉

I love Reyno, and think it's madness to talk about not extending him, he is the reason we are as good as we were in 23, but if you can't see/admit he took the wrong option on at least some of those 3 shorties, I got nothing left to say.
I watched the GF in a pub that had primarily Bronco supporters, and when I yelled out "FFS kick it LONG Reynolds", the whole place erupted except for the 2 Penrith fans nearby who pissed themselves laughing - even they knew.

No offence John, but I assume you're a bit like the rest of us and don't sit in the genius section at parties.....

So how the **** do WE see this and someone who has played the game at the highest levels don't? Pressure of the game...sure
But we have an entire coaching staff full of big game experience and Alf spends more time on the field than most of our bench......surely someone could have got a message out there
?

Just curious, are these defenders onside or not? Honestly asking, I don't know the rule.

I don't like them, but understand it's the best strategy.

1696573840113-png.24647

Walshy , Walshy, Walshy ...
WTF were you doing son ? Chatting with Alfie ? Do your fucking job !

That arrow pointing at Yeo is what Reece should have done as the ball was kicked .

I can't look at the photo, it's just stupidity.

Sometimes they do the same thing when we're defending and the opposition put up a high kick to the corner. One of our defenders will contest the ball, but the others will stand in line with him... common sense dictates you should stand behind him and be ready to tackle the attacker if he gains possession.

It's another one of my pet hates - dumb footy.

I can't look at the photo, it's just stupidity.

Sometimes they do the same thing when we're defending and the opposition put up a high kick to the corner. One of our defenders will contest the ball, but the others will stand in line with him... common sense dictates you should stand behind him and be ready to tackle the attacker if he gains possession.

It's another one of my pet hates - dumb footy.

Maybe a cross code skills sesh with the Reds or even the Lions ?
Anyone know if lifting is illegal in the NRL ? @McHunt you`re a Rugger guy what is the drill for short kicks ?

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • The True King
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Astro
  • Ffs...
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • Dony Eliakim
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tmac
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.