Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
I think the fact Reynolds goes at the end of the year means it will be unlikely the Broncos will sack him . They won't want to replace both halves at once so I think he will be spared.

One thing I would say in his defense is that he is only 21. Probably gets some leniency at this stage.He is lucky nobody died or was seriously injured.

In saying that , he is on big cash and I think the incident shows the 5 year deal was too long and too early.

One approach would be to sack him and cut him and the cap money loose and go after someone else for 2026. Leaves us short for 2025 with very little on the market, and potentially without any front line halves.

Not sure that that is the most caring way to go about it either. We would need to be confident in landing an experience quality half for 2026 and I am not sure there is one.

I don’t know enough about Ezra the person, and I don’t have all the details of the incident so it’s hard to make a call.

I’m leaning, slightly, toward keep but there are a lot of caveats included with that answer.

I’m the same but I also wouldn’t be mad if they sack him. I really don’t know what I’d do. A lot would depend on what I sense from Ezra.

We probably shouldn't be considering what impact losing Ezra Mam has on our roster.

It's a pretty easy decision once you do that, of course we don't know all of the facts but the people making the decisions will.

I voted sacked because I think that's what will happen.
Personally I'm torn although I don't think another club getting him cheap should be a consideration.
We have to sort our problems first not worry about who might benefit after.
If the Broncos can't make the tough call here then they're incapable of doing it at all.
The club made a hard call to sack Kev and employ Madge for reasons beyond football coaching.
I think they'll make another one here if the second test comes back positive.
There could only be 2 reasons ( correct me if I'm wrong) for him driving into oncoming traffic like that.
1 is he was baked as **** maybe even passed out.
2 he was using his phone. If that's the case that's another charge.

Sacking him is a stupid move imo. He is only young and this is his first bad offence, we really don’t have any clue what goes on behind closed doors of his life. Give him some guidance and get him back on track. I don’t believe Ezra is the evil ego inflated cockhead that you all make him out to be, if there is a chance I would try and forgive and move on the kid has talent. There has been many great football players that have made mistakes and moved on to become better, this may be a great opportunity for him to start maturing and becoming a better player/ man then he was before.

I’m the same but I also wouldn’t be mad if they sack him. I really don’t know what I’d do. A lot would depend on what I sense from Ezra.
Yeah while certain details of the incident could come to light that makes it a sackable offence no matter how great of a person he is, short of this, it will greatly depend on what his character/behaviour has been like over the past months or years.

Only the club will know that and I trust them to make the right decision based on this.

That being said, Dave’s comments weren’t very flattering if you read between the lines. “Lost his way recently”, “won’t shy away from the fact the club has a culture problem”. These aren’t the things you’d typically say if you felt strongly that the person involved was an otherwise top man

Yeah while certain details of the incident could come to light that makes it a sackable offence no matter how great of a person he is, short of this, it will greatly depend on what his character/behaviour has been like over the past months or years.

Only the club will know that and I trust them to make the right decision based on this.

That being said, Dave’s comments weren’t very flattering if you read between the lines. “Lost his way recently”, “won’t shy away from the fact the club has a culture problem”. These aren’t the things you’d typically say if you felt strongly that the person involved was an otherwise top man

Dave also did say that he is a good young man.

I think the remorse and concern he had for the people in the uber shows this too.

It's going to take Ezra a fair while to get his head right to get back to where he needs to be as a player in the NRL. Could be another two, three, four years before he's actually useful on a footy field again. Who fucken knows.

From a club point of view, probably best to take some short term pain and **** him off. Do we still need to pay his 800k per year after all of this or would there be clauses in the contract to renegotiate with **** ups like this? How does it all work? I know he's a young bloke and everyone makes mistakes, but if we have to keep paying the original contract, I'd be in the boat of shipping him off.

Absolutely not. Another team will just recruit him.
This is why we can't just sack him. Another team will just pick him up for cheap and we're left with a massive hole in our squad

This is why we can't just sack him. Another team will just pick him up for cheap and we're left with a massive hole in our squad
Is a mentally shot Ezra Mam better than Jock Madden? I'd argue he's not. Jock will probably play a lot in 2025. To be honest, I can't see Ezra doing much in 2025.....or maybe ever. If some other club wants to take the risk, I've got my doubts it will come back and hurt us.

Is a mentally shot Ezra Mam better than Jock Madden? I'd argue he's not. Jock will probably play a lot in 2025. To be honest, I can't see Ezra doing much in 2025.....or maybe ever. If some other club wants to take the risk, I've got my doubts it will come back and hurt us.
You could absolutely be spot on TBH. I do also have my doubts on Ezra moving forward regardless of how this unfolds. I would be moving on from Ezra after this if it was me but I understand why we probably won't

Speaking of seat belt injuries .. I can confirm they sometimes really hurt lol.

Yeah , an air bag to the face doesn`t tickle either .
And there I was thinking that I was definitely either on your ignore list, or you were just rude and arrogant. Silly me.

+1 for finally acknowledging me.

There is a real leadership vacuum at the Broncos at the moment, similar to 07-09 when Hunt became the dominate voice of the younger players and it didn't work out well. Broncos had mass fines and four sackings in 12 months in that period.

Lockyer was still there but like Reynolds he wasn't the voice being listened to by the younger players.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • azza.79
  • teampjta
  • upthebroncs
  • BruiserMk1
  • ChewThePhatt
  • phoenix
  • Redfern_1980
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • Financeguy
  • thenry
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • YeahNahMate
  • Fitzy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.