Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 45 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 43 48.9%

• Total voters
At least it gives a few others a sniff.
A big off season and extended run in the 6 with the promise it's yours to lose if the team is going well.
Every cloud as they say.
It will be interesting to see how the potential 5/8s step up.

I'd argue the reason we haven't locked Cobbo down is because our R&R team is incompetent. We also haven't locked down any of Walsh, Staggs, Willison, Mozer or Hetherington.

Essentially, we have not locked down any of our key soon to be free agents.
It's a shit show. The club is in disarray.

Willison is a must. No other forward has his aggression, PTB speed.

Walsh is a must, we have no spark.

Mozer is a must, our ruck again, has no spark.

Too much money locked up in marquee players. Hass should be on 900k as a tradesman. He doesn't offer much more. Carrigans contract is unders.

I'll leave this to the club. Mam is a eyes up footballer, on way too much

It's a shit show. The club is in disarray.

Willison is a must. No other forward has his aggression, PTB speed.

Walsh is a must, we have no spark.

Mozer is a must, our ruck again, has no spark.

Too much money locked up in marquee players. Hass should be on 900k as a tradesman. He doesn't offer much more. Carrigans contract is unders.

I'll leave this to the club. Mam is a eyes up footballer, on way too much

We are literally a week from free agency, it isn't in the players' interests now to sign, they will officially know what's on offer in one week with actual contracts in front of them.

Everyone forgot how good the whole team was in 2023 and they still sacked the coach.

The coach, players and staff should all be held to the same standards. Poor performances should be everyone's responsibility to fix. Unfortunately for Ezra, he's had a significant off field incident while on annual leave, away from the clubs influence.. all off the back of a very poor 2024 campaign. Instead of being good for us in preseason 2025, training hard, knuckling down he will be in a rehab facility. Instead of playing for us next year he will be banned by the NRL. When he returns he will probably have court appearances that could go well into 2026.

Like Kevy we have no guarantee that he turns it all around and it's unthinkable that we waste 850k per season waiting it out.

At the end of the day it's a business and we ain't in the business of community service. When you become an adult you have to own your actions and deal with the consequences. A hard lesson to learn and very sad for all involved.
Im probably just over romanticising origin but I couldn’t imagine asking Billy Slater for leave during my first ever origin camp to leave for a bday party.

12 pages as we speak. Result is 50/50 so far...

What do you think the board is thinking?

Siebold took a sledgehammer to the club, but Kevin was cancer. One outside, the other inside; both about culture.

The Mam deal is bad. He's not the half he sold. He has no potential to manage. He is inexperienced, and the spine is too youthful.

Walsh, Mam, Madden, Mozer...in 26.

Fire him. Get a mentor beyond Reynolds at half.

As for an uprising, COVID taught me that people lay down very quick, and adapt. Carrigan, Hass, or any other of experience would be feeling real sheepish. No leadership circle to date.

Mam who?
You’re a real fuckhead for even suggesting that Kevin Walters was a cancer at our club.

So they have gone down the rd of blaming the racism slur for triggering his slide.
Reeks of a desperate Hail Mary to garner public sympathy.
The stink on this is getting stronger by the day.
No they haven't. There's a timeline in the today's CM that includes it. How can you not? He went from hero to zero in one jibe.
@Foordy as above. Pete Badel said so.
I should have written IF his manager or any other idiot pulls the race card…..
You get my point…

High incompetence.
Those 5 I feel are a must, yes I Hetherington too. Apart from Patty, they are the ones worth watching.
Walsh needs to pull his head in, but he is key moving forward.

Even if we manage somehow to retain them all, our cap will be out of whack again because we let all of them test the market and will inevitably overpay once again.

I don't think the club sacks Mam. I think they are waiting for it to blow over, waiting for the investigation and him to be charged, waiting for it to be finalised and by that time the attention will be elsewhere.

I can see them saying that he's sought help, rehabilitated himself and he's now 2023 Ezra again.

My gut tells me if they were to sack him they would have made some steps towards doing so by now. Standing him down or whatever.

And if that's the decision of the club. I'll blindly support it like the gullible addict I am.

Even if we manage somehow to retain them all, our cap will be out of whack again because we let all of them test the market and will inevitably overpay once again.
In the case of staggs and cobbo yes. But willison and the rest can be upgraded for 2025 and we can beat the clubs offering him bigger coin for 2026 onwards.

Staggs and cobbo are gonna need to take a paycut there was probably no way we get their deals done without them going to market.

It’s a very interesting watch with this. Everything will happen quickly once the charges are laid. Best case scenario for him is probably 12 weeks on the pine and plenty of $$ fine. Although he’s up for a ton of cash without the fine.

Ezra man should take a pay cut as a punishment if he doesn't agree 3million paycut then fine him 4million and get rid of him.

I don't think the club sacks Mam. I think they are waiting for it to blow over, waiting for the investigation and him to be charged, waiting for it to be finalised and by that time the attention will be elsewhere.

I can see them saying that he's sought help, rehabilitated himself and he's now 2023 Ezra again.

My gut tells me if they were to sack him they would have made some steps towards doing so by now. Standing him down or whatever.

And if that's the decision of the club. I'll blindly support it like the gullible addict I am.

There is no way they will sack him until the police make their move. Its all a waiting game until his results come back and if he gets charged or not.

Probably a lot already gone on behind the scenes already we dont know about.

Is there any possibility of the club putting some sort of probation on him with off field conditions for the next 12 months?
and if there's any signs he hasn't improved or he's actually not the good guy they say he is they cut him loose?

This could all be a once off and he's been going through a rough time with his mental health which has built up and led to this.
Or he could just be a complete tool

Is there any possibility of the club putting some sort of probation on him with off field conditions for the next 12 months?
Was he driving a sponsored car? Was it a 3rd party deal? Who allowed him to get access to a car without him being licensed? Sheer incompetence on so many levels.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • ekv1
  • Sproj
  • Jason Simmons
  • tajhay
  • cento
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Howie
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • bb_gun
  • Rah88
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.