Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
If Mam is gone and Maguire was confident he could get the best of out of Cobbo, I'd bite the bullet and go withL

1. Cobbo
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
9. Paix
14. Mozer

As the spine.

Madden isn't it. Would rather keep Mam honestly.
Madden salary vs Mam's?

Ezra is a dynamic, eyes up footballer, without Milford's bomb. Dime a dozen. Bad contract.

Fire him and get some experience.

If Mam is gone and Maguire was confident he could get the best of out of Cobbo, I'd bite the bullet and go withL

1. Cobbo
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
9. Paix
14. Mozer

As the spine.

You're basing sacking BW based on Paix QCup form......?

2 different games. The defence in QCup IMO is schoolboy level.

You're basing sacking BW based on Paix QCup form......?

2 different games. The defence in QCup IMO is schoolboy level.

I've always rated Paix, I haven't really made a secret of it. He won hooker of the year in Q Cup for a reason. I also think out greatest weapon is speed and Paix brings that.

Sure, winning solves everything. But when you aren't winning, that's when existing problems fester.

Out of interest, what did he wear in 23?

cf4c3a344bc1f1176ff202642189c1c6

More to the point, his manager wants to pull the race card, we should pull his contract. IF (to be confirmed) he did in fact drive under the influence, that’s called being a fucken idiot. It doesn’t matter whether you are black, white, brown, yellow or a Smurf. You are a fucken idiot.

I demand a source for that one.

where did his manager pull the race card

1. Cobbo
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
9. Paix
14. Mozer

As the spine.
If you are biting the bullet let black play next to reynolds no pressure play what is in front of you imo

If you are biting the bullet let black play next to reynolds no pressure play what is in front of you imo

This might be what has to happen anyway if we lose both Mam and Cobbo signs elsewhere.

Walsh, staggs, Reynolds, Mozer.

Cobbo is part of the problem. There's a reason we didn't lock him down.

Staggs only works if the backs and forwards can find momentum.

Is sacking Mam a power move to draw a line in the sand and lay down the law for all the young players and usher in a complete culture change for the club?

If so, then it might be necessary and beneficial in the long run… but that’s a big if - and something only someone inside the club (probably not even Madge yet) would be able to determine… but that’s the only reason I can see (other than reactionarily wanting to punish him) to cut Mam loose.

If we’re going to sack him and he ends up playing elsewhere and in 12 months Walsh agitates for a release to go join his mate and the Broncos end up without 2 of their 4 young future playmakers then it doesn’t help us at all or accomplish anything to tear up his contract, no matter how stupid and reprehensible his actions were.

No team is going to be full of choir boys and young kids make mistakes… look at Thurston and the career he had after he realised he screwed up. We’re not going to get better by sacking Mam and doing another team a favour.

His actions were unbelievably stupid and hes so lucky nobody was seriously hurt, but personally I hope the club gives him another chance and he uses it to turn his life around and get back to his best. It takes a stronger team to stand by their player and support them to learn and grow from mistakes than to just give them the boot.

Walsh, staggs, Reynolds, Mozer.

Cobbo is part of the problem. There's a reason we didn't lock him down.

Staggs only works if the backs and forwards can find momentum.

I'd argue the reason we haven't locked Cobbo down is because our R&R team is incompetent. We also haven't locked down any of Walsh, Staggs, Willison, Mozer or Hetherington.

Essentially, we have not locked down any of our key soon to be free agents.

Is sacking Mam a power move to draw a line in the sand and lay down the law for all the young players and usher in a complete culture change for the club?

If so, then it might be necessary and beneficial in the long run… but that’s a big if - and something only someone inside the club (probably not even Madge yet) would be able to determine… but that’s the only reason I can see (other than reactionarily wanting to punish him) to cut Mam loose.
I'm worried that this current bunch will pout and sulk and turn in even shittier performances by way of protest.
I think the basic positives in character.......are missing.
No team is going to be full of choir boys and young kids make mistakes… look at Thurston and the career he had after he realised he screwed up. We’re not going to get better by sacking Mam and doing another team a favour.
His actions were unbelievably stupid and hes so lucky nobody was seriously hurt, but personally I hope the club gives him another chance and he uses it to turn his life around and get back to his best. It takes a stronger team to stand by their player and support them to learn and grow from mistakes than to just give them the boot.
That requires Ezra to be made of the right stuff.

I don't think he has the ticker.

1. Cobbo
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
9. Paix
14. Mozer

As the spine.
Honestly, as weird as it sounds, I'd be going for something like this, but it does have a more union feel about it in my head.

1. Walsh
6. Mozer
7. Reynolds
13. Carrigan

I'm not sure who would be wearing the 9 jersey, but Mozer would be playing the dummy half role and defending wider.

I'd argue the reason we haven't locked Cobbo down is because our R&R team is incompetent. We also haven't locked down any of Walsh, Staggs, Willison, Mozer or Hetherington.

Essentially, we have not locked down any of our key soon to be free agents.
We have like 25 signed players or something right? We are going to need to sign somebody.. right?

Also on the spine. I suspect our long term spine will be:
Walsh
Mam (they wont sack him)
Reynolds (2025) Black (2026)
Mozer.

From an outsider, this will plague your preseason. Its undoubtedly dumb & hasn't he been involved in a couple of other incidents previously?
I would think the best thing for the club moving forward, would be to cut its losses & let him go. He's devalued himself so any offers are going to be quite conditional, i would suspect.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • KickHaas
  • Pablo
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.