Should Mam be sacked?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
So they have gone down the rd of blaming the racism slur for triggering his slide.
Reeks of a desperate Hail Mary to garner public sympathy.
The stink on this is getting stronger by the day.

That's just the media trying to drag this story out for the rest of the off season.

There was only one quote in that entire article and it was what Mam said at the time of the racism scandal

Ezra's emotional breakdown after being called a monkey by another brown guy was a symptom, not a cause. Mundine pointed this out at the time, and he's not shy to play the race victim card.

Before you assume that Ezra's pimp daddy routine is because of a swollen ego, consider also that ego is fragile and he's covering up his insecurity. The Roosters set out to target that. Leniu hit it with pinpoint accuracy, popping the bubble, in his own hamfisted ill-adviced, and I'm pretty certain, off-script way.

It's all been a bit too much too soon for this kid.
What are you talking about here mate? Is no one else here going to pull this pseudo-intellectualism up?

This makes no sense at all, unless you are somehow Ezra and Spencer's best mate and know what went on inside their heads.

Quoting Mundine to make a point, that'll do me.

Who's they?

Badel? Meyn?

Did they also blame expensive clothing?
They did. Reference was made to Ezra's eccentric character, noting him "marching to the beat of his own drum and having python snakes as pets and rocking his own dress and fashion sense, which regularly includes painted nails". Further, at last years presentation ball, a few days after the grand final loss, Mam was "the only person at the venue wearing shorts." Additionally, Ezra was "singled out by Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy and modelled his unique look to the applause of 700 people". WTF. Dave Donaghy should have been telling him to put a pair of trousers on for christs sake.

Oh, he also wore a $2300 Gucci shirt to his birthday party, obtaining a leave pass by Maroons coach Billy Slater to attend his own party.

I think the bloke seriously needs to just delete all social media and put his focus 100% on footy. He will be a better man, and player, for it.

Journalists are quite predictable.

When they've got nothing that's been said, they go deeper into it and draw their own conclusions and what they think might have started the rot and quite often, it's not even remotely close to the truth.

Bit like how Hunt has been linked to us very recently, he's got some dramas at the Dragons, we could be in need of a half if Ezra gets flicked, there's nothing that's been said by Hunt but there it is in the headlines. Very predictable stuff. The obvious issue there is that Ben is a halfback and Ezra a 5/8. I wouldn't expect them to understand that however, they're just trying to appease to the mugs who don't know any other way.

Similar to how Payne Haas had his shoes stepped on by Albert Kelly, "club in crisis, Broncos brawl". Give me a break.

Some of you seem to forget how good he was in 2023 - the year he won the Dally M, in the most prestigious position. It wasn't that long ago:

Everyone forgot how good the whole team was in 2023 and they still sacked the coach.

The coach, players and staff should all be held to the same standards. Poor performances should be everyone's responsibility to fix. Unfortunately for Ezra, he's had a significant off field incident while on annual leave, away from the clubs influence.. all off the back of a very poor 2024 campaign. Instead of being good for us in preseason 2025, training hard, knuckling down he will be in a rehab facility. Instead of playing for us next year he will be banned by the NRL. When he returns he will probably have court appearances that could go well into 2026.

Like Kevy we have no guarantee that he turns it all around and it's unthinkable that we waste 850k per season waiting it out.

At the end of the day it's a business and we ain't in the business of community service. When you become an adult you have to own your actions and deal with the consequences. A hard lesson to learn and very sad for all involved.

They did. Reference was made to Ezra's eccentric character, noting him "marching to the beat of his own drum and having python snakes as pets and rocking his own dress and fashion sense, which regularly includes painted nails". Further, at last years presentation ball, a few days after the grand final loss, Mam was "the only person at the venue wearing shorts." Additionally, Ezra was "singled out by Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy and modelled his unique look to the applause of 700 people". WTF. Dave Donaghy should have been telling him to put a pair of trousers on for christs sake.

Oh, he also wore a $2300 Gucci shirt to his birthday party, obtaining a leave pass by Maroons coach Billy Slater to attend his own party.

I think the bloke seriously needs to just delete all social media and put his focus 100% on footy. He will be a better man, and player, for it.
All true. And again, these are symptoms. I'm not going to bother trying to psychoanalyze him, but none of this makes him evil.

He can dress however the **** he likes.

Journalists are quite predictable.

When they've got nothing that's been said, they go deeper into it and draw their own conclusions and what they think might have started the rot and quite often, it's not even remotely close to the truth.

Bit like how Hunt has been linked to us very recently, he's got some dramas at the Dragons, we could be in need of a half if Ezra gets flicked, there's nothing that's been said by Hunt but there it is in the headlines. Very predictable stuff. The obvious issue there is that Ben is a halfback and Ezra a 5/8. I wouldn't expect them to understand that however, they're just trying to appease to the mugs who don't know any other way.

Similar to how Payne Haas had his shoes stepped on by Albert Kelly, "club in crisis, Broncos brawl". Give me a break.
Who is predictable here? Vindictive fans, did you say?

What are you talking about here mate? Is no one else here going to pull this pseudo-intellectualism up?

This makes no sense at all, unless you are somehow Ezra and Spencer's best mate and know what went on inside their heads.

Quoting Mundine to make a point, that'll do me.
It's not my problem if you can't make sense of anything beyond racism is bad, mmkay. We're all familiar with the dumbed down take.

Now do every other insult.

who googles how much another mans clothes costs? fucking losers.

He can dress however the **** he likes.
I agree mate to a large extent, but there's a time and a place to show your dress sense/individuality. Not sure a formal, black tie dinner presentation is the ideal place to be rolling out your best pimpster getups. Maybe I am just too much of an old school boomer 😊

i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about Ezra. u wouldnt say this shit to him hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes
Blokes a midget

Let's face it, if the Broncos didn't have such a bad year, we wouldn't have heard a peep about what Mam wore to the awards night.

Did they forget what he did last year? But we were top of the ladder with Penrith then so no one cared.

It's not my problem if you can't make sense of anything beyond racism is bad, mmkay. We're all familiar with the dumbed down take.

Now do every other insult.
Lessons on racism from a known race-baiter. That will also do me.
Careful you don't get punched from behind from a black person, they're out to get you!

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.