VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Just an example of how we form up, our shape (?), our structure (?) ... the whole team standing in a bunch. C'mon Seibold ... how are our stars supposed to shine in that clusterfuck?

View attachment 8278

View attachment 8279

And now, the Roosters and Eels:

View attachment 8280

View attachment 8281

Context though. I can't see a clock on the Broncos screenshots so i can't tell what stage of the game it is. However I can see that they're rucking it out from their own line, and in a game where posession is killing us, spreading it at that point of the field is not advisable.

Same reason I cringe when people complain about "one out ruck running". It's boring but an absolute necessity at stages of the game.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
How many chances do you give a bloke?
A lot of people in here saying they are willing to give him one more chance, just like they said 15 chances ago, and will say in 15 chances time.

Gotta cut the cord at some point and after several seasons of mediocrity and some record defeats, that time is now.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Context though. I can't see a clock on the Broncos screenshots so i can't tell what stage of the game it is. However I can see that they're rucking it out from their own line, and in a game where posession is killing us, spreading it at that point of the field is not advisable.

Same reason I cringe when people complain about "one out ruck running". It's boring but an absolute necessity at stages of the game.

From memory, it was fairly early in the match. One pic there - the Eels, they were on their 30.

I understand your point, however, almost the entire team in a cluster, looking lost?

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
From memory, it was fairly early in the match. One pic there - the Eels, they were on their 30.

I understand your point, however, almost the entire team in a cluster, looking lost?
I think it may be fatigue related though when they're that bunched... "you could throw a handkerchief over them they're that bunched"

I do think we have issues with support running though, because it seems like the defence know who's getting the ball... like someone has their hand up or they're the only one looking like making a run, and the defence just loads up on them and nails them

I think that comes with the dummy half and subtleties around the ruck like misdirection (feigning one way but passing the other), available runners either side of the ruck or multiple runners available to receive the pass (or at least a perception of multiple runners).

I think it's also fitness related and doing the 1%'s ... knowing you won't be getting the ball, but running a decoy or support anyway.

The use of decoys and supports would also be a coaching thing, but I've not paid enough attention when we play and it only becomes noticeable that we don't have it when we're gassed, which seems to be within 5 minutes of kick off... but at some point this team must be getting at least match fit, we're 5 weeks into the fucking restart already!!!

Last edited:
TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
Ha ha, you mean Big Pete and I are both wrong and the records are wrong and I'm wrong and a tool for pointing out your lies and misrepresentations. Good idea, get out while you're behind ! Ha ha, even a clown could detect your fraudulent claim.[emoji1782][emoji108]
You said they had 9 players who had played origin prior to Bennett going there (GEE THAT'S NOT MANY LOL) As the Dragons were 2010 preseason favorites even ahead of the Storm who still had the FAB FOUR at the time I guess everyone except you was wrong and they were not a gun team during that era. I'm not quitting I just know your type and find it pointless discussing this any further. I do look forward to your future nonsensical posts as you are at least good for a laugh if nothing else.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You said they had 9 players who had played origin prior to Bennett going there (GEE THAT'S NOT MANY LOL) As the Dragons were 2010 preseason favorites even ahead of the Storm who still had the FAB FOUR at the time I guess everyone except you was wrong and they were not a gun team during that era. I'm not quitting I just know your type and find it pointless discussing this any further. I do look forward to your future nonsensical posts as you are at least good for a laugh if nothing else.
According to Big Pete, 6 of 17 had played Origin prior to WBs arrival and of that 6 one was Nathan Fien who had a solitary game back in 2001 !!

Go on, tell Big Lete he's a liar, or wrong or a 🤡, I dares ya!!!

So, star studded with 5 current Origin players and a long long forgotten Fien with his single appearance from 8 years previous. Go on, tell BP he's wrong. Or admit you might be wrong that WB can ONLY win with star studded teams. Hell, you might even have to admit he was a fairly good coach in the day. After all he did win premierships with what , three clubs either as head coach or assistant coach. He might even have a good record in the BRL.

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
According to Big Pete, 6 of 17 had played Origin prior to WBs arrival and of that 6 one was Nathan Fien who had a solitary game back in 2001 !!

Go on, tell Big Lete he's a liar, or wrong or a 🤡, I dares ya!!!

So, star studded with 5 current Origin players and a long long forgotten Fien with his single appearance from 8 years previous. Go on, tell BP he's wrong. Or admit you might be wrong that WB can ONLY win with star studded teams. Hell, you might even have to admit he was a fairly good coach in the day. After all he did win premierships with what , three clubs either as head coach or assistant coach. He might even have a good record in the BRL.
It was actually 8 but if he said 6 yes he is wrong. Cory Parker only played 2 origins off the interchange before 2013 but I guess he just blossomed into the great player he became later on under the coaching of Henjak and Griffin LOL see how your belief a coach makes a player is frankly dopey.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
rnabokov said:
and to address a point Pete made about Milford not having runs on the board. He has, and that's why as Bennett did with Alfie, Milford deserves a chance, last chance though it may be.

Yes, but obviously nowhere near the amount of runs Alfie had by that stage. I just didn't want anyone to think there was a false equivalency.

I think Big Pete DID say 9 and it was actually 8 but if he said 6 yes he is wrong. Cory Parker only played 2 origins off the interchange before 2013 but I guess he just blossomed into the great player he became later on under the coaching of Henjak and Griffin LOL see how your belief a coach makes a player is frankly dopey.

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Mick Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Merrin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy

14/17 played Origin at some point - 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jamie Soward 6. Ben Hornby 7. Neville Costigan 8. Dean Young 9. Mick Weyman 10. Beau Scott 11. Ben Creagh 12. Nathan Fien 13. Trent Merrin 14. Matt Prior

10/17 played Origin prior to the 2010 Grand Final - 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Ben Hornby 6. Neville Costigan 7. Mick Weyman 8. Beau Scott 9. Ben Creagh 10. Nathan Fien

6/17 played Origin prior to Bennett joining the club in 2009 - 1. Darius Boyd 2. Mark Gasnier 3. Matt Cooper 4. Ben Hornby 5. Neville Costigan 6. Nathan Fien.

I don't know where you're getting your figures from, but if you want to argue in terms of Origin players that was the lay of the land.

Also these were the premiership odds just after the 2008 premiership had concluded. He didn't walk into a premiership winning squad, he had to work with them to get them there.

2009 NRL premiership market: $4 Manly, Melbourne; $6.50 Cronulla; $9 North Queensland; $10 Sydney Roosters; $13 Brisbane; $15 NZ Warriors; St George Illawarra; $17 Parramatta; $19 Bulldogs, Newcastle; $21 Gold Coast; $34 Penrith, Wests Tigers; $41 Canberra, Souths

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ha ha, wrong again! Consistent! St George weren't ahead of Melbourne in the markets. Jesus you can get shit wrong. Melbourne were the favourites UNTIL the NRL stripped them and told them, no points for you ! So St George were never favourites AHEAD of Melbourne and only became the favourites after the Storm were stripped. So, wrong again.

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
Yes, but obviously nowhere near the amount of runs Alfie had by that stage. I just didn't want anyone to think there was a false equivalency.

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Mick Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Merrin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy

14/17 played Origin at some point - 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jamie Soward 6. Ben Hornby 7. Neville Costigan 8. Dean Young 9. Mick Weyman 10. Beau Scott 11. Ben Creagh 12. Nathan Fien 13. Trent Merrin 14. Matt Prior

10/17 played Origin prior to the 2010 Grand Final - 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Ben Hornby 6. Neville Costigan 7. Mick Weyman 8. Beau Scott 9. Ben Creagh 10. Nathan Fien

6/17 played Origin prior to Bennett joining the club in 2009 - 1. Darius Boyd 2. Mark Gasnier 3. Matt Cooper 4. Ben Hornby 5. Neville Costigan 6. Nathan Fien.

2009 NRL premiership market: $4 Manly, Melbourne; $6.50 Cronulla; $9 North Queensland; $10 Sydney Roosters; $13 Brisbane; $15 NZ Warriors; St George Illawarra; $17 Parramatta; $19 Bulldogs, Newcastle; $21 Gold Coast; $34 Penrith, Wests Tigers; $41 Canberra, Souths
yeah I guess it just depends on the betting agency you look at as TAB had Parramatta as $6 favorites that year. Priddis also played origin before whereas Creagh had played for Australia but not NSW.
[automerge]1592983629[/automerge]
Ha ha, wrong again! Consistent! St George weren't ahead of Melbourne in the markets. Jesus you can get shit wrong. Melbourne were the favourites UNTIL the NRL stripped them and told them, no points for you ! So St George were never favourites AHEAD of Melbourne and only became the favourites after the Storm were stripped. So, wrong again.
You are consistently a HUGH knob so I guess we have consistency in common.

Last edited:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I dont know about the rest of you but i'd like to see Milford have another crack at fullback.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Should Milford be dropped?

No, he shouldn’t be. Like it or not, he’s still the best option we have. Dearden isn’t suddenly going to come in and spearhead the attack. Like last year, his role will be simplistic. If anything, Croft will be the one that’s given that role which is not what we want. Because he simply can’t do it. Milford is still the best chance we have of re-igniting the attack we saw earlier in the year.

I wouldn’t be against a positional switch, though.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • KickHaas
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • broncotville
  • broncsgoat
  • Howie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Volvo Driver
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncos Maestro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Nerd
  • Waynesaurus
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.