VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
check it out you know it all. It does not matter when the played origin they still did. Bennett did not genetically modify these blokes. I guess you think Darren Lockyer only had the ability to play origin because Bennett coached him? Your logic is flawed and your argument is weak.
Oh, so star studded means that if at some future time a player makes an origin squad he is to be considered an origin player from his debut in the nrl. Got it.

You were plainly wrong and your claim that WB had 15 of 17 origin players was a lie.
He had a healthy 9 (actually 10 as BP points out, I missed Fien who played one game 9 years before, noticeably never picked again!) but of those at least 2 weren't current origin players.

St George were no more star studded than other teams or at least they were not significantly advantaged. WB took the team to the finals and won it once. Just type "yes I exaggerated to prove a point".

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
14/17 went onto play Origin, 10/17 had played Origin prior to the Grand Final, 6/17 had played Origin prior to Bennett's tenure at St George. The one player missing from Huge's list is Nathan Fien who played one game off the bench for Queensland in a losing effort nine years prior.
Thankyou, the voice of reason. I did miss Fien who did in fact play one game earlier on, 9 years before the 2010 GF so I guess that makes him a star🙄
My point is that yes, WB had a fine team to work with insomuch as it was a good blend of average and star players with youth and experience but it wasn't an absolute standout team of stars. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar blend was found in a lot of gf winning teams of the last 3 decades.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I wonder what everyone thinks about sipping from the poison chalice called Kieran Foran. He’s completely plagued by injury and is big gamble but he’s tough as nails and would be a great partner for Dearden or Croft. Premiership winner, very experienced, can tackle when his shoulder is attached and is just about to turn 30. He’s off contract.

Would anyone enquire about moving Milford on and collecting Foran for 2 years?

on an unrelated note, I’d also look at getting Tom Opecic back to play left centre of the price is right.

1.Niu
2. Farnworth
3. Opecic
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Foran
7. Dearden
8. Lodge (c)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. Bullemor
Well I admit I rate him and think he would be a reasonable investment now that he's matured. The only caveat would be that the price was reasonable in light of the injury concerns.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
His teammates also have to give him a chance. I’ve softened a little on him over the last few days but I want to make clear that this in no way makes out that I’m suggesting he’s been ok. He hasn’t and he needs a massive end of season to even justify being re-signed on half his current contract.

What I’m saying though is that he looked better was trying his butt off the longer the game went on last week but the team was giving up and giving him absolutely nothing to work with. There were no runners, no decoys and absolutely no idea. That lack of structure is on the coach but that lack of direction and inspiration is on Milf. He’s the marquee, he’s the one who has to inspire his team to make those runs and to trust in him.

I’m willing to give him another week or two but I’m especially willing to give him more time than the other overpaid hasbeen in the centres who just had no justifiable reason to still be there, even with injuries.

Just an example of how we form up, our shape (?), our structure (?) ... the whole team standing in a bunch. C'mon Seibold ... how are our stars supposed to shine in that clusterfuck?

Broncos1

Broncos2

And now, the Roosters and Eels:

Roosters1

Eels1

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Just an example of how we form up, our shape (?), our structure (?) ... the whole team standing in a bunch. C'mon Seibold ... how are our stars supposed to shine in that clusterfuck?

View attachment 8278

View attachment 8279

View attachment 8280

View attachment 8281
Sure, the Coach is responsible for this, but he's far from the only one. The other chief culprits are the main playmakers - both Croft and Milford, who really need to be as vocal as possible all game, especially knowing they have plenty of less experienced teammates, in letting people know where they want them to be and what they want them to do each and every set we have the ball. If it's the Fullback's job to organise and marshall our defence, in attack that responsibility belongs to your play makers.

The really great play makers never shut up and they do this stuff all game. Milford has never been that type of player, and for a time I was happy to write it off as a lack of maturity as a play maker in the hope that it would improve with time, but in truth, for someone who has played as long as he has now, this really should have become a much stronger aspect of his game by now and then we'd much more regularly avoid situations like the one you see above.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Interesting to hear Locky talking about dropping under-performing players might be needed for the Cows...so what does he make of his own team's situation?

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014

View attachment 8278

View attachment 8279

View attachment 8280

View attachment 8281
It is sad to look at what our team is dishing up. Nothing...
What I would like to see is a comparison to how we look now compared to WB years. I think you will find we have been standing in a bunch for at least three or four years.

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
Oh, so star studded means that if at some future time a player makes an origin squad he is to be considered an origin player from his debut in the nrl. Got it.

You were plainly wrong and your claim that WB had 15 of 17 origin players was a lie.
He had a healthy 9 (actually 10 as BP points out, I missed Fien who played one game 9 years before, noticeably never picked again!) but of those at least 2 weren't current origin players.

St George were no more star studded than other teams or at least they were not significantly advantaged. WB took the team to the finals and won it once. Just type "yes I exaggerated to prove a point".
No you are wrong and you are a smug tool to boot. I'm not interested in debating this any further with a clown like you.
[automerge]1592963997[/automerge]
Well I admit I rate him and think he would be a reasonable investment now that he's matured. The only caveat would be that the price was reasonable in light of the injury concerns.
So you rate Foran? He only played for New Zealand and according to you that doesn't mean much LOL.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I actually really fear for Dearden .... because if this 19 year old kid isn't our savior and doesn't immediately turn our fortunes around, then Broncos fans and the media will turn on him in a heartbeat ...

That could be detrimental for him ... and the likely reason he is being protected by his coach
That's a fair call , and you're right he shouldn't be considered as our savior. But nor should any of these kids, because this game is a team sport. But as we all know it is a professional sport so pressure and media are all part of it, it's all about giving them the support needed to deal with it.
I think he is the type of player that can deal with it and that's part of the reason they've chose him .

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

View attachment 8278

View attachment 8279

View attachment 8280

View attachment 8281

reminds me of my uni touch team that lost almost every game. The positive news is that the next season we dropped our 2 worse players and picked up 2 guns, and went in to win 2 comps back to back.

(lucky for me I was only the third worse player)

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
No you are wrong and you are a smug tool to boot. I'm not interested in debating this any further with a clown like you.
[automerge]1592963997[/automerge]

So you rate Foran? He only played for New Zealand and according to you that doesn't mean much LOL.
Ha ha, you mean Big Pete and I are both wrong and the records are wrong and I'm wrong and a tool for pointing out your lies and misrepresentations. Good idea, get out while you're behind ! Ha ha, even a clown could detect your fraudulent claim.[emoji1782][emoji108]

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I bet Milford will carve up the titans and buy himself more time in the 6

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Organix
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.