VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
With all the heavy scrutiny that has been on Milford's game over the last few weeks, he dishes up 4 runs for **** all metres last night. Does he think this is acceptable?
This.

He knows the stakes. After the 59-0 drubbing, he was put on notice, and this is the best he can muster? **** him off.
[automerge]1592527312[/automerge]
Ease up, it was actually 6 runs for 29 metres mate.
20 of those meters were sideways and 2 of those runs where backwards 🤣

Last edited:
H

hench2020

NYC Player
Apr 22, 2019
With all the heavy scrutiny that has been on Milford's game over the last few weeks, he dishes up 4 runs for **** all metres last night. Does he think this is acceptable?

Luke Keary made 1 run for 6 metres once. Some bozo told me that, can't remember his name.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Hard to run when you are constantly starting your sets deep in your own end. Don't get me wrong, Milf is definitely struggling but not near as bad as the so called "all star" pack in front of him. He would thrive with teams like Sydney or Melbourne, even Newcastle.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hard to run when you are constantly starting your sets deep in your own end. Don't get me wrong, Milf is definitely struggling but not near as bad as the so called "all star" pack in front of him. He would thrive with teams like Sydney or Melbourne, even Newcastle.

didn't you hear Johns last night say that shouldn't matter

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Luke Keary made 1 run for 6 metres once. Some bozo told me that, can't remember his name.
Not against us this season: he ran 128 metres from 12 runs. 3 tackle breaks. 45 passes. 6 dummy passes. 2 try assists. 1 try. 1 field goal.

In the same game Milford: 52 metres from 7 runs. 0 tackle breaks. 21 passes. 2 dummy passes. 0 try assists. 0 tries. 0 field goals.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Pearce has always been unfairly maligned. Origin player he is not, but he has always been a great club half.
Exactly and when he came on the market we didn't even make a play because Wayne said he was not a Bronco type individual. Despite us needing a half exaclty like Pearce.

Instead we have stuck by Milford who was once known as being spontaneous and electric. Has been turned into a game manager and got a lobotomy in the process.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Not against us this season: he ran 128 metres from 12 runs. 3 tackle breaks. 45 passes. 6 dummy passes. 2 try assists. 1 try. 1 field goal.

In the same game Milford: 52 metres from 7 runs. 0 tackle breaks. 21 passes. 2 dummy passes. 0 try assists. 0 tries. 0 field goals.
When Coates plucked that bomb out of the air and put it down over the line against Manly that was Milford's first try assist since we played the Bulldogs back in 2019.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

This argument ignores the fact that part of the halves' job is to not have the pack going backwards. Too easy to say pack is going backwards I can't do much- 50% of your job is getting them around the field and to the spot you want and the ball when you want it- if those things aren't happening you're to blame too.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It doesn't matter who we drop (except Boyd) the team is not likely to improve. I have not bagged Siebs since he came here. He had a myriad of problems to resolve not least a poorly performing roster. But after last night it is clearly apparent that he is way out of his depth at the present time in his coaching career. His biggest mistake is probably not identifying an experienced on-field right-hand man who would act as his general on the field and making him the priority signing.

If - and it's a big if, if he thought Boyd was that player and that is why he is sticking loyal to him then he is more of a mug than what i have given him credit for.

Attitude, effort, discipline, ball security, basic structures, unified defensive structures, attacking set plays and game plans are all on the coach. At this current time in Siebs' tenure all of these coaching attributes seem to have gone backwards in almost every player on the field.

As far as I'm aware there is little or no communication from the box to sideline to encourage our players to change their game plan to suit what is happening. I disliked many of the posts on here that bagged the guy as soon as he signed, but now I'm beginning to realise it's not the players - it's the piss poor coaching they are getting.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
didn't you hear Johns last night say that shouldn't matter
No, I didn't because I don't watch Channel 9. I didn't think anyone did these days. When you are constantly defending your line with traffic forever targetting your section of the defensive line and then finally getting the ball only to have someone drop it deep in your end, the oppurtunities for creativity and a long clearing kick almost becomes impossible. Croft has found it difficult as well. They are constantly on the back foot and they just don't get enough quality field position.

It easy for Johns to say, he was a freak of a player playing behind the likes of Harragon and Buderus. Milf doesn't have those luxuries.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I’m blaming milf, Croft and the coach for this, whenever we make good meters off a carry and a quick play the ball, the halves don’t scream for the ball because they have extra space to work with. Instead we just do another one out hit up until tackle four and then go out the back which is easily covered every FUCKING time. All the good teams/halves see a quick play the ball or good meters they are screaming for it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
No, I didn't because I don't watch Channel 9. I didn't think anyone did these days. When you are constantly defending your line with traffic forever targetting your section of the defensive line and then finally getting the ball only to have someone drop it deep in your end, the oppurtunities for creativity and a long clearing kick almost becomes impossible. Croft has found it difficult as well. They are constantly on the back foot and they just don't get enough quality field position.

It easy for Johns to say, he was a freak of a player playing behind the likes of Harragon and Buderus. Milf doesn't have those luxuries.

I watch 9 because i don't have and (have no interest in getting) Kayo.

but to paraphrase what he said ... Good halves don't need to play behind dominate packs, they'll make something happen regardless, although playing behind a dominate pack helps

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
please add third option for broncsgoat.
He's not playing well, no one is. But you cant drop the entire team. He's been about as good as Croft who is a fucking bust.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
He's not playing well, no one is. But you cant drop the entire team. He's been about as good as Croft who is a fucking bust.
Croft at least has a dig, and is probably on 1/4 of Milford's money.
Don't forget the million dollar man had an incredible 4 runs for 9 metres last night.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I tend to agree with this. I would rather stick with Milford who at least has a history of showing he can be a good player and on his day best on ground than stick with the coach who has shown no such track record.

I wouldn't die on the Milf not getting dropped hill but i'd rather see the coach dropped before Milf.
This. I agree with.

The coach has done SFA He goes first. Although arguably the greatest coach of all time couldn't get the best consistently out of Milf so there's that argument too.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I can agree with you Croft is derping it up too.

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
This. I agree with.

The coach has done SFA He goes first. Although arguably the greatest coach of all time couldn't get the best consistently out of Milf so there's that argument too.
Benett being a good coach is a myth, he has only won titles with star studded teams.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Morkel
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • sooticus
  • Lostboy
  • Lurker
  • Galah
  • Donald Garner
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.