VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
And to add to my post above, maybe also telling the team they are playing like crap should stop. They know that. It's bleeding obvious. Maybe they should be asked why they are playing like crap, to give Seibold something to work on and with, and for starters, anyone who says something like "I dunno" should be dropped immediately, no matter who they are.

Last edited:

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
And to add to my post above, maybe also telling the team they are playing like crap should stop. They know that. It's bleeding obvious. Maybe they should be asked why they are playing like crap, to give Seibold something to work on and with, and for starters, anyone who says something like "I dunno" should be dropped immediately, no matter who they are.

Anyone above 500k on the payroll cant be dropped sorry......... .......... ........

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anyone above 500k on the payroll cant be dropped sorry......... .......... ........

Then they have their pay cut to below 500K and then dropped

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

It has started. He is going to be copping this all week

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
The sad thing is Milford will be dropped, he’s been playing poorly so fair enough but Derpius Boyd will continue shovelling our shit for the rest of the year.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I wonder if moving him back to fullback again will help now that we have a couple of serviceable halves to work with (Croft and Dearden vs Turpin and Boyd)? Tell him to just sniff around the ball like other fullbacks do and chime in with those sweep plays at pace. Can also offer another kicking option when we're in trouble. It failed last time because he had to basically play three positions.

This would give Dearden a crack and get rid of Isaako away from fullback, where apart from being relatively safe, has offered absolutely nothing in attack from the back. Just a thought.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

It has started. He is going to be copping this all week

He said this after the game in commentary. Second from top here:

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If you truly think that Dragons side was better than the Storm side of the same era, I dont know what to say.
Storm were suspended in 2010 for their years of cooking the books

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
so what do people on here want when we cant mathematically make the final 8?

cause thats what's gunna occur yes...

I think Croft can actually do a better Milf than Milf right now next to Dearden.

Might do the young guys a lot with zero pressure to perform they can just go out there and start building some combos between them.

Maybe it would be enough to be the absolute worse team for anyone else to come up against if they are trying to get that 8th spot on the ladder...

yes...im clutching at straws but its this or I come back next year

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Not going to bother posting this one, but Craddock has a piece in the CM calling the Broncos and Milford in a "Loveless Marriage," describing him at training as having the "despairing look of a man arriving back to his parked car to notice a ticket under the windscreen wiper. " And that he hasn't spoken to the media in 9 months.

Been saying for this a long time, but it's time for the Broncos to find him a new home for both of their sakes. Maybe they need to get on the phone with Mal and see what they can nut out together.

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not going to bother posting this one, but Craddock has a piece in the CM calling the Broncos and Milford in a "Loveless Marriage," describing him at training as having the "despairing look of a man arriving back to his parked car to notice a ticket under the windscreen wiper. " And that he hasn't spoken to the media in 9 months.

Been saying for this a long time, but it's time for the Broncos to find him a new home for both of their sakes. Maybe they need to get on the phone with Mal and see what they can nut out together.
I think it was pretty telling that Milf didn't make the leadership group.

From that point on I would say he hasn't really been in the long term plans for the club and if we had qcup this year I'd say Dearden would already be in the team.

At this stage we need to be playing some semblance of consistent footy before he can bring Dearden into the team... if the team around him know what they're doing he can be slipped in and focus on himself rather than the current confusion being shown on the field.

If he comes in now there will be an expectation that he does something to completely change the team's form and he can't do that. He'd be on a hiding to nothing.

I hope for the team's sake he is at least playing as the left side half in training so when he does come into the team he is already somewhat familiar with playing on the left hand side.

First and foremost Boyd has to be dropped... there is no long term plan with him and he is offering nothing out there in attack, defence, leadership or experience. They need to cut the cord with him.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
The Brisbane Rugby League have announced their senior A grade competition will start on August 1.
I know its not Qcup but is there any chance Dearden and any of our other developing players could be placed with a club in that competition to get some game time to help prepare them for a possible call up to the Broncos?
Just a thought.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The Brisbane Rugby League have announced their senior A grade competition will start on August 1.
I know its not Qcup but is there any chance Dearden and any of our other developing players could be placed with a club in that competition to get some game time to help prepare them for a possible call up to the Broncos?
Just a thought.
It's just hard to imagine Dearden learning on the job could be any worse than what we're seeing from Milford right now.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's just hard to imagine Dearden learning on the job could be any worse than what we're seeing from Milford right now.

Problem is the effect on his confidence. Look at what is happening to Haas. For mine, Dearden's only place in the team is off the bench. He's not going to fix anything in the halves while the forwards aren't laying down a consistent platform. In fact at Dearden's age and level of experience, it's simply unwise to expect him to fix anything. That is so unrealistic and puts another expectation on a young player he just doesn't need at this stage of his career. Might as well also call him the next Alfie and add to the unfair burden of expectations he has to carry.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Problem is the effect on his confidence. Look at what is happening to Haas. For mine, Dearden's only place in the team is off the bench. He's not going to fix anything in the halves while the forwards aren't laying down a consistent platform. In fact at Dearden's age and level of experience, it's simply unwise to expect him to fix anything. That is so unrealistic and puts another expectation on a young player he just doesn't need at this stage of his career. Might as well also call him the next Alfie and add to the unfair burden of expectations he has to carry.
It's a massive opportunity too, one which he's had before and did not let us down. Imagine being handed the reigns to the Bronco's attack at his age. He's been dreaming about it all his life.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Ozired
  • Hammerman47
  • Griffo
  • Strop
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • heartly87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • phoenix
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.