VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
We'd likely have seen a similar result in 2018 for "Should we sack Wayne and hire Siebold?" An opinion being popular doesn't always mean it's correct. I'd rather let Milf play out this season and into the next under an actual coach who has multiple players running lines in attack and see if he can still light it up.
I would have voted no for that poll you suggested but totally understand why so many would vote yes. I acknowledge we were poor and a case for WB leaving had some merit.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If there was someone more, or as equally talented as Milford to replace Milford with........sure, drop him.
Bottom line is there aint, so dropping him would serve no purpose whatsoever.
Nope. His replacement would definitely be someone effective in the tackling department and would need no other skill such is the utter shit Millionford has been dishing up. The replacement WOULD be an improvement.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Nope. His replacement would definitely be someone effective in the tackling department and would need no other skill such is the utter shit Millionford has been dishing up. The replacement WOULD be an improvement.

Well, if it's only a tackling machine you're after........replace him with any lower grade back rower. Personally, I'm looking for more in a key position such as 5/8.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well, if it's only a tackling machine you're after........replace him with any lower grade back rower. Personally, I'm looking for more in a key position such as 5/8.
You're right, exactly right except I'm not looking for JUST a tackling machine. I would have replaced him with a tacklebot last year because at least ONE aspect would be covered, defence. With Milford we aren't getting any aspect covered. Shit defence, non existent running game and absolutely no generalship on the field so yes, Tagatese instead of Milford. Or any tacklebot.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I'd confidently say Staggs would be an upgrade in every way.
Not to pile on Milford, but for what he is delivering, how disinterested he looks and uninvolved he is; you could put just about anyone at 6 that can run and tackle and they would deliver the same, if not more.

Your 6 has to want the ball in his hands. For the most part, Milford looks like he wants nothing to do with it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
In fairness to Milf, he did look like he was trying last week, albeit too late but he makes poor decisions continually. However, he had NO ONE running on to the ball, not one person. No options were presenting themselves for him.

I'm fine with giving him another week truth be told but I just can't defend Darius at all.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
In fairness to Milf, he did look like he was trying last week, albeit too late but he makes poor decisions continually. However, he had NO ONE running on to the ball, not one person. No options were presenting themselves for him.

I'm fine with giving him another week truth be told but I just can't defend Darius at all.

It should be part of his job to get his players to do what he wants. Yell at them if you need to.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It should be part of his job to get his players to do what he wants. Yell at them if you need to.

Thing is they're not within cooee and uninterested anyway. If they were they would be in position to get the ball, part of a worked formation, the sort that Keary has to work with for instance, or Pearce, or Moses. What's Milford supposed to do? Call time out and wait for his supports to stroll into position? FFS. This is a whole lot more than just Milf, or Croft.

And when there are supports, as others have observed, we score tries, or bomb then if you're Oates who was no doubt chucking a hissy fit he wasn't in the 2nd row last week...When we have an opportunity with an attacking shape in place as we did say when Boyd scored v Manly, it's great to watch. Otherwise, it's Milf running around looking for supports or running into a brick wall because our attack stands flat and flat footed, or a coach who seems obsessed with playing in the middle to the exclusion of our edges and centres.

And people who have a go at Milf for his alleged poor defence ought to wake up and check the stats. His defence is no worse than most of the rest of this side's shitty tackling technique, lousy reads and lack of starch and commitment.

Agenda driven criticism of Milf is absurd. If we want him to pull rabbits out of a hat then give him a few rabbits and a bloody hat first then criticise him if he fails.

As for Dearden taking his place, he would face exactly the same issues only he is what 19, and I doubt that would do much for his confidence.

We need to wait a few more games to see if Milford is fucking up and if he is then sure, replace him, but not yet.

As for Isaako, dropping him is ridiculous unless he is carrying an injury

Last edited:
TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
Ha ha St George ? Star studded, that'll do me.
Well if you don't consider representative players stars I guess you are right but in reality you are not. Let's review bennetts premiership list, Hornby (origin/test) , Morris (origin/test) cooper (origin/test), Boyd (origin/test), gasnier (origin/test), Soward (origin), nightingale (test), Fien (origin/test) young(origin/test), Weyman (origin/test), Scott (origin/test), Creagh (origin/test), smith (test), costigan (origin/test), prior(origin) merrin(origin/test) priddis ( origin/test). That's 17 representative players, so if you don't consider that star studded you are are hard judge.

Last edited:
Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
And people who have a go at Milf for his alleged poor defence ought to wake up and check the stats. His defence is no worse than most of the rest of this side's shitty tackling technique, lousy reads and lack of starch and commitment.

These are our stats for tackle efficiency.

Arthars - 73%

Milford - 77%
Isaako - 79%

Staggs - 83%
Offa - 83%
TPJ- 84%

Lodge - 87%
Croft - 88%
Oates - 89%
Paix - 89%
Boyd - 90%
Carrigan - 90%
Herbie - 90%

Glen - 91%
Turpin - 92%
Fifita - 94%
Haas - 94%

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
These are our stats for tackle efficiency.

Arthars - 73%

Milford - 77%
Isaako - 79%

Staggs - 83%
Offa - 83%
TPJ- 84%

Lodge - 87%
Croft - 88%
Oates - 89%
Paix - 89%
Boyd - 90%
Carrigan - 90%
Herbie - 90%

Glen - 91%
Turpin - 92%
Fifita - 94%
Haas - 94%

Thanks for that

Missed tackles?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well if you don't consider representative players stars I guess you are right but in reality you are not. Let's review bennetts premiership list, Hornby (origin/test) , Morris (origin/test) cooper (origin/test), Boyd (origin/test), gasnier (origin/test), Soward (origin), nightingale (test), Fien (origin/test) young(origin/test), Weyman (origin/test), Scott (origin/test), Creagh (origin/test), smith (test), costigan (origin/test), prior(origin) merrin(origin/test) priddis ( origin/test). That's 17 representative players, so if you don't consider that star studded you are are hard judge.
Sure, there's a couple in there but really?
Sure let's review but without your desperation to 'prove you're right'.

There were a couple of players in the team that could be considered 'stars'.
Boyd, Gasnier, Cooper, Brett Morris.

After that though there's fuckall. I suppose you could call kiwi reps stars but not guys who were NOT state or country representatives like Beau Scott, Dean Young, Soward, Ben Hornby. Country Origin hopeful does not a star make. Another error was Matt Prior who was not a representative in any arena in 2010. Even Brett Morris never represented until coached by WB. Like Weyman he blossomed. Then there's Jarrod Saffy, another who never represented but WB coached him in league. You see, he was a Sth African and didn't know league but WB got him into the gf.

Sure WB had a few solid A graders like Costigan, Nightingale, Fein, Jeremy Smith and Trent Merrin but **** me, stars no way.

It's incredible the reach to justify a ludicrous claim.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
This is from Foxsports stats page.

Here's our top 4 for total tackles missed, everyone else is under 10 missed. I'll list tackles made as well to put it into context and the percentage of attempted tackles that end up as missed tackles.

Milford - 60 tackles, 17 missed (22%)
Carrigan - 220 tackles, 12 missed (5%)
Croft - 105 tackles, 12 missed (10%)
Hopoate - 132 tackles, 12 missed (8%)

Milf seems to be a fair way off the pace, especially compared to his halves partner. Croft has had to make 45 more tackles but has missed 5 less.

Some of the other standouts are below, but there's still quite a gap between them and Milford:

Arthars - 47 tackles, 8 missed (15%)
Isaako - 29 tackles, 5 missed (15%)
TPJ - 56 tackles, 9 missed (14%)
Staggs - 50 tackles, 5 missed (9%)

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
This is from Foxsports stats page.

Here's our top 4 for total tackles missed, everyone else is under 10 missed. I'll list tackles made as well to put it into context and the percentage of attempted tackles that end up as missed tackles.

Milford - 60 tackles, 17 missed (22%)
Carrigan - 220 tackles, 12 missed (5%)
Croft - 105 tackles, 12 missed (10%)
Hopoate - 132 tackles, 12 missed (8%)

Milf seems to be a fair way off the pace, especially compared to his halves partner. Croft has had to make 45 more tackles but has missed 5 less.

Some of the other standouts are below, but there's still quite a gap between them and Milford:

Arthars - 47 tackles, 8 missed (15%)
Isaako - 29 tackles, 5 missed (15%)
TPJ - 56 tackles, 9 missed (14%)
Staggs - 50 tackles, 5 missed (9%)
And the uncommitted, non tackling peaheart?

Active Now

• Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • IceWorks
  • Allo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • westy316
  • kwomo
  • Howie
  • KickHaas
  • Brocko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Bronco bob
  • Battler
  • mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • thenry
... and 75 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.