VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's a massive opportunity too, one which he's had before and did not let us down. Imagine being handed the reigns to the Bronco's attack at his age. He's been dreaming about it all his life.

He certainly did not let us down. I was really impressed with him last year. I thought he and Milf began to work really well together. This year however, our forwards are even less effective than last year and that's why I think at this stage it is unwise to expose him to that, as well as carry the mantle of Mr Fixit for our halves issues. Bench for mine, for those reasons

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He certainly did not let us down. I was really impressed with him last year. I thought he and Milf began to work really well together. This year however, our forwards are even less effective than last year and that's why I think at this stage it is unwise to expose him to that, as well as carry the mantle of Mr Fixit for our halves issues. Bench for mine, for those reasons
What's the difference between coming on after 55 minutes when the game has already gone down the toilet, and starting?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He can't be held responsible
So what happens at the Broncos if you're found responsible; for example the position Milford finds himself in right now?

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
There would be no better team to trial it against - if you would like to call it that, Croft at 6 and Dearden at 7, then against the Titans..
It could be a good place to get some momentum happening.
As much as I want Milford dropped all together, I could deal with him wearing 14 off the bench if it meant Dearden and Croft in the halves.
Luke to start, Milford to come on into dummy half for the last 20mins of each half.
Paix would probably benefit from a week off, or I would be happy for Paix to play and Luke misses out.
Just give us something!!

Last edited:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
What about returning Milford to fullback ?

Just a thought ....

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
giphy.gif

Ah @soup I see your field in academe is gastroenterology. Sadly, the Broncos need a proctologist .. or two

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Arthur bit the bullet and fielded school boy Dylan Brown at 5/8 and sacked his captain mid-season.
Last week McGregor benched Hunt and Graham while McGuire axed Benjii.
All those teams are above us. The Warriors are above us and the coach got sacked.

Either the coach is a puppet or just does not have the balls to make the tough calls.

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Arthur bit the bullet and fielded school boy Dylan Brown at 5/8 and sacked his captain mid-season.
Last week McGregor benched Hunt and Graham while McGuire axed Benjii.
All those teams are above us. The Warriors are above us and the coach got sacked.

Either the coach is a puppet or just does not have the balls to make the tough calls.
I'm not looking to defend Seibold, but it would be a little unfair to say he's unwilling to make changes. He's moved on a large number of senior players since taking the reigns and he also oversaw the replacement of Darius Boyd as Captain.

I'm as firmly in the camp of dumping Boyd and Milford from the side as anyone else, but even I have to acknowledge that for much of last season and again going into 2020, he at a lot of times had no choice but to keep picking these guys as we were already heavily depleted in our spine positions and arguably didn't have better alternatives up our sleeve.

Boyd and to a large extent Milford now too are both contributing so little and playing so poorly that there is almost no one who could do a worse job, but I accept that this hasn't been the case the entire time and some of the selections were essentially forced on him by injuries and suspensions etc.

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Have we compared Milford's defensive stats since the restart? I'm assuming the bloke is absolutely pummeled each week.

G

Great white hope

Mar 1, 2017
I understand this point of view may be unpopular here but I do believe that some of the criticism of Milford is unjust. As a $1 million dollar player I too expect a lot more than we currently get but consider the following:
1.We are playing boring 1 out footy that doesn't get our halves involved and also means we get smashed up the middle and consistently lose the ruck. We need to play 2 and 3 wide to get away from gang tackles and to try to hit holes between halves and 2nd rowers. This also means the halves touch the ball most plays and are more involved and engaged.
2. When we do get the ball to a half it felt like in the knights game it was going to Croft 80% of the time. I want Milford to run more as well but he needs to get (or demand ) the ball more often. Think JT.
3. No players in movement so he gets smashed as there is no decoys therefore no confusion created to the defensive team.
Compare this to the Roosters. Keary can run with freedom because he has always got another 3 options that are all threats.
4. On this theme his outside man is Darius. Enough said.
5. He is working hard in defence due to us giving up so much ball and field position.i know he misses a few but his first contract has improved a heap. There is just poor communication between Milford and
Boyd. Note on this by other teams playing 2 and three wide our halves need to commit to a bunch more defensive workload which blunts the ability to impact on attack.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
. He'd be on a hiding to nothing.
I’d never heard this expression before and now I’ve seen it used 2 dozen times within the month on this board and other places. Blew up out of nowhere. Is there a tv show catchphrase I don’t know about here?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
So what happens at the Broncos if you're found responsible; for example the position Milford finds himself in right now?

You get unlimited second chances and don’t they are very disappointed in you.

Active Now

• Ffs...
  • Old Mate
  • ezpz
  • KnToad
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KickHaas
  • JayTeeM
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Redux
  • Battler
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lurker
  • MrMoore
  • pennywisealfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.