VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Croft at least has a dig, and is probably on 1/4 of Milford's money.
Don't forget the million dollar man had an incredible 4 runs for 9 metres last night.

Shaun Johnson had 2 runs for 10m last week. Sharks looked rubbish and lost, but he still managed a try assist and 3 forced drop outs which is far more than Milford did. I guess my point is that run metres shouldn't define how we judge a half - Milf's issues go far beyond that.

Benett being a good coach is a myth, he has only won titles with star studded teams.

Coincidentally, star studded teams usually win titles. You'd be hard pressed to find many premiership winning teams that don't have a few big names. How many different rosters did he make grand finals with?

Bennett's best years are behind him but there's no doubt once he walks away from the game he will be remembered as being more than just a "good" coach.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
What’s Milford going to be after football? He really needs to start making plans.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Niko is looking very good at 5/8 for the Warriors just quietly. Shit house at 7, but he's playing a lot better than Milf in the same position.

Slap the pokies

Slap the pokies

Apr 11, 2020
Milford the worst million dollars someone has ever spent. 2nd worst is Jack Bird. Milford apparently used to be in nightclubs night before games. Shit bloke, shit attitude.

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
This argument ignores the fact that part of the halves' job is to not have the pack going backwards. Too easy to say pack is going backwards I can't do much- 50% of your job is getting them around the field and to the spot you want and the ball when you want it- if those things aren't happening you're to blame too.

The whole team is to blame. Man for man, they just aren't getting it right. That said, your half can't do much about it, when his forwards can't hold onto the ball.

If you're suggesting dropping Milford is the answer.......please name his replacement.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
The whole team is to blame. Man for man, they just aren't getting it right. That said, your half can't do much about it, when his forwards can't hold onto the ball.

If you're suggesting dropping Milford is the answer.......please name his replacement.

Deardon for now.

It sets a standard, a precedent call it.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Deardon for now.

It sets a standard, a precedent call it.

Really.......?? ****.

and this is what we've become? Setting the standard with honest toilers....?

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Really.......?? ****.

and this is what we've become? Setting the standard with honest toilers....?

Are you telling me the standard right now is any better? Remeber MILF may be better than Deardon, but dropping him and Boyd says - this is the line in the sand.

Last edited:
TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
Same goes for Trent Robinson and Craig Bellamy. I guess there's no such thing as a good coach.
bit of a stretch to say either of those ever had the same quality squad Bennett had at his disposal during the first Broncos stint and then again at the dragons.

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
[QUOTE="The True King, post: 3132342, member: 9651

Bennett's best years are behind him but there's no doubt once he walks away from the game he will be remembered as being more than just a "good" coach.
[/QUOTE] has any other coach had 10+ origin players in their team at once, I will say that would be a big no, but by all means if you can find a single instance of this aside from Bennett I would be very interested.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
bit of a stretch to say either of those ever had the same quality squad Bennett had at his disposal during the first Broncos stint and then again at the dragons.
If you truly think that Dragons side was better than the Storm side of the same era, I dont know what to say.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I wonder if the Dragons, Tigers , Titans, Melbourne, Warriors or Bulldogs would take Milford for 2021 for 500k, if the broncos pay the other 500k. I think it would be well worth doing if possible. Surely one of those clubs would take him on that.

Edit: Stuff it, I'm happy if we pay the 900k and the club he ends up only pays 100k. Just get him out of the Broncos jersey.

Edit: I'll chuck in Oates for free

Last edited:
Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
I said it last year and the year before that and got laughed at plenty of times but imo we got rid of the wrong half last year. Should have kept nikorima and fucked Milford off.

Nikorima looks so much better then Milford does

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
DFEC81DB C2F1 4FEA 84BA BEAC53324F19

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Moving deck chairs about on the decks of this Titanic is not the answer. For me the core issue is that most of the team play as if they don't give a ****. No urgency, no spark, no desire, no thought of the consequences of sloppy defence. Shit slow play the balls, slow passing. Do people here think that replacing Milford and or Croft will fix that? Really?

Why the sudden change from the bright start to this season and then the sudden decline? Milf and Croft played quite well in the first 2 rounds. The whole team did by and large with 2 good wins.

Maybe the players ought to be asked to explain why they have played so poorly and suggest a fix. They are the ones fucking up and they should be asked why they don't seem to care. The bloody fans care, and the fans are the reason they are on the field playing footie and getting paid for it. Or don't they care about that?

Maybe there are some hidden truths that need to be aired by those who know - the players themselves.

Honesty sessions? Yes, however the ones so far seem to be a load of bullshit.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Totally Unr3al
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ronald
  • Stix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Santa
  • Robboi_321
  • PETERN
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.