VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Well, as one of Seibold's harshest critics I still think some perspective is in order as @heartly87 posted above.

That perspective might, again, be fruitful if one looks at Brad Arthur's history with the Eels. His first 3 years there were not exactly inspiring, and he led the Eels to the wooden spoon in 2018.

For mine, Seibold does need to show something over the next few rounds, mainly improvements to our defence, and also, to see how the team goes with our full side on the paddock
SIVO?

For me, he has 2 - 3 games to show, as head coach, that he recognizes defence is our major weakness, and that became apparent in Rd 3. It is now Rd 8. I have seen nothing yet to show he has done anything to change how we defend. That is not good coaching. For me he is on thin ice. **** what the Board thinks.

As for your observation about pay packets, you're probably right. However, Seibold is coaching footballers, not accountants
I get your point about accountants yet my own workplace has considerable variations in pay for staff doing EXACTLY the same job by staff with exactly the same experience levels. I can tell you this causes the lower paid staff to feel less valued. The gulf is in no way as huge as pay discrepancies within the Broncos so I can see it being a massive issue and additionally player managers use this to create cash filled drama. I believe money will be at the very heart of the current poor run.

Last edited:
I get your point about accountants yet my own workplace has considerable variations in pay for staff doing EXACTLY the same job by staff with exactly the same experience levels. I can tell you this causes the lower paid staff to feel less valued. The gulf is in no way as huge as pay discrepancies within the Broncos so I can see it being a massive issue and additionally player managers use this to create cash filled drama. I believe money will be at the very heart of the current poor run.

Well, if I wanted to earn a whole lot more, I would make sure that my performances on the field showed those who matter that I was worth a whole lot more rather than throwing a hissy fit.

At the same time, it seems to me that those who played the other night for the Storm and Roosters were less interested in playing for $$$ than playing for each other, their club and their fans

Well, as one of Seibold's harshest critics I still think some perspective is in order as @heartly87 posted above

That perspective might, again, be fruitful if one looks at Brad Arthur's history with the Eels. His first 3 years there were not exactly inspiring, and he led the Eels to the wooden spoon in 2018.

For mine, Seibold does need to show something over the next few rounds, mainly improvements to our defence, and also, to see how the team goes with our full side on the paddock

The difference between Seibold and Arthur is that Arthur is a likeable bloke which bought him time from the players and the club. I’ve seen nothing from Seibold to suggest he’s likeable at all. Just telling people you’re from Rocky doesn’t make you a likeable guy.

The difference between Seibold and Arthur is that Arthur is a likeable bloke which bought him time from the players and the club. I’ve seen nothing from Seibold to suggest he’s likeable at all. Just telling people you’re from Rocky doesn’t make you a likeable guy.

that is literally the opposite of what people who have worked with him have said

Yes. Good story about player managers and one in particular by Andrew Webster BT. Particularly how both Gus (when at Penrith) and Nick Politis banned him from the get go. He of course was allowed to infiltrate us and the prick basically has us fucked. Although deregistered, funnily enough another agency now handles all his clients. I think our problems are more deep rooted then our current inane coach and administrators.

Well I don't like my boss either. He parts his hair down the wrong side. He should be sacked

Well, as one of Seibold's harshest critics I still think some perspective is in order as @heartly87 posted above.

Even when the eels were struggling they at least showed some potential by flogging the broncos lol.

Arthus last night said something about never worrying about losing but would never want to come off the field wit the shame of not having tried. I wish I remember exactly what he said because Seibs should poster this around the staffrooms.

I hate quoting myself but the game comments are echoing what I wrote. The exact situation I described is what Cronk and others were saying is the proof of a divided club even singling out Haas. Sometimes I swear they read our stuff while preparing for these shows.

They will just ramble with the normal bullshit and he will still be backed

The last coach we had who lost 6 in a row got sacked. Twice.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • bert_lifts
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.