VOTE Should the Broncos re-sign McCullough

Should the Broncos re-sign McCullough?

• Total voters
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Not a fan. Would happily look elsewhere, he's reliable, but not great.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm torn on this one.

I think it depends on who else is on the market.

If Parcell or Granville were available, i would happily swap Macca for them

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I'm keen on Macca and always has been. He puts in a huge effort to shore up our defence, leads by example and never gives less than his all. Every club needs a player like this and there are not many hookers I'd have over him, especially for what he is probably paid.

However results matter and if Parcell wanted to come back I'd have him over Macca every day of the week and twice on Sundays (which doesn't really matter because we don't get Sunday games.)

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Matt Parcell - Now there is a guy who is highly overrated. Macca is 10 times the hooker he is

Not only that, but I think @1910 mentioned that he didn't play footy during uni, buggered off to England first chance. He doesn't come across like a career footy player.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
If Macca follows Hunt, put me on suicide watch.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Talk about blokes who haven't improved, Macca is the president of that club. He's no better today than he was when he played his first game.

He's slow as a wet week and he gives us no punch out of dummy half (indeed his service stifles a lot of our attack). Your hooker touches the ball more than any player, so you can't really afford a bloke who's best asset is his tackling. Brisbane would be a better side with Granville (or someone quick) at hooker.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I wanted to keep Macca and Hunt if possible, we had a great spine but if we were to lose both of them I would've preferred it to have been last year when we still had the best young hooker and half back on our books in Parcell and Taylor.

Keep Macca please Wayne.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Talk about blokes who haven't improved, Macca is the president of that club. He's no better today than he was when he played his first game.

He's slow as a wet week and he gives us no punch out of dummy half (indeed his service stifles a lot of our attack). Your hooker touches the ball more than any player, so you can't really afford a bloke who's best asset is his tackling. Brisbane would be a better side with Granville (or someone quick) at hooker.

So everyone on our team has to be fast ? Who where the best hookers last year , were they fast ?

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
So everyone on our team has to be fast ? Who where the best hookers last year , were they fast ?

They were quicker than McCullough.

As we have a small pack we need a hooker who is quick and who delivers quick service.

He is slow in both areas and it stifles our attack.

More importantly, it hasn't improved one jot since his first game.

Hookers in front of Macca, Smith, Friend, Farrah, Granville, Peats, Luke (at least probably forgotten someone else)....

Ps If I never see that stupid dummy again it'll be too soo...

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
It's handy for hookers to be fast, like Segs, Granville or Parcell, but more important, besides their defense (where Macca excels), is their decision making and mental acuity.
Macca does have a brain fade once in a while, but is imo better than most out there.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
It's handy for hookers to be fast, like Segs, Granville or Parcell, but more important, besides their defense (where Macca excels), is their decision making and mental acuity.
Macca does have a brain fade once in a while, but is imo better than most out there.

Hooker touches the ball more than anyone.

He is the place from which every attacking move originates.

A hooker's service from dummy half is his most important role.

Maccas service is substandard.

His defence does not and cannot make up for that fact.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Let me guess, with Macca at hooker, we'll be lucky to avoid the wooden spoon for many years to come.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Let me guess, with Macca at hooker, we'll be lucky to avoid the wooden spoon for many years to come.
Didn't say that.

I'm saying he's not that great.

He's probably not the sort of hooker we need.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Sweet so all agreed macca is the new hunt this year... although hunt was probably the new macca to be fair =/

Freaky we need a new vid of every single pass macca has ever thrown to settle this

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
The McCullough/Niko rotation worked nicely in '15. Macca works for us at our best. He's got a few good years left.

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Griffo
  • heartly87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • phoenix
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • Ejbroncos
  • theshed
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.