VOTE Should the Broncos re-sign McCullough

Should the Broncos re-sign McCullough?

• Total voters
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
N
I agree that we should look hard at bringing Granville back.

His speed out of dummy half would be a real asset with a small pack because markers would know that they can't just drop off onto the first receiver. He's also a better pass of the ground than Macca.

McCullough is a good defender, but a hooker's primary job is attacking - he gets the ball every play - and he's just not that good at part of the game. Worse, he hasn't improved one jot in 5 years in relation to that part of the game.

He's a 7 out of 10 performer. Should we not expect better?

No! not everyone in the team needs to be a gun !! Good service,great defence and a good kicking game!

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
N

No! not everyone in the team needs to be a gun !! Good service,great defence and a good kicking game!
McCullough's service is shit.

And he is therefore shit at the primary job of a hooker.

He hasn't even worked out that you don't pass the ball to a player, you throw it in front so he can run onto it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm not Macca's biggest fan by any means but both defender and service are equally important for a 9. His defense is rock solid and his service has improved somewhat, so he is not bad by any means.

I do agree that it is unbelievable that he hasn't worked out to pass in front as opposed to behind or straight to them as well and this is one of the main reasons I am open to replacing him. I also think that he, like others in our team, tends to make the wrong choices when the pressure is on and that is this team's one insurmountable Achilles heel at present.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Galco
  • BroncosMan
  • Brocko
  • Maroon4life
  • Gaz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • thenry
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • winslow_wong
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.