Sep 19, 2012
Weren't there a couple of times Milford kicked it and it went out on the full

Last edited:
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Inside the 20 is the ONLY time Milford kicks.

He put up a few decent bombs actually from within his own half, he is a good kicker. But he usually does it out of pressure so he and Hunt need to communicate a bit more and sort that out. Also the Hunt chip for Milf should he happening every other set on the opposition's line, that was lethal in 2015.

Decent amount of kicking talent in this team - plus people like Locky and Alf about to help, hopefully this improves next year.

And then back the kicking up by loving tackling again.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
So we can all agree that Hunt isn't an elite half; he has some great points but he has some deficiencies, like short kicking (some think it is average, others think it's awful, but we all agree it isn't brilliant) and the ability to control and close out a game

We are arguing about him fixing it or getting rid of him, but the responsibility shouldn't be falling his way for much longer

Milford is viewed as the next million dollar man, and as a half on that money, that makes him the team's premier half and go-to man

It is Milford who will need to develop his short kicking game, and Milford who will need to control games

Hunt can be the support half to this premier half, and this is a job I hope we can all agree, is one he is exactly suited for

The big question is can Milford mature into the premier half quickly?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
So we can all agree that Hunt isn't an elite half; he has some great points but he has some deficiencies, like short kicking (some think it is average, others think it's awful, but we all agree it isn't brilliant) and the ability to control and close out a game

We are arguing about him fixing it or getting rid of him, but the responsibility shouldn't be falling his way for much longer

Milford is viewed as the next million dollar man, and as a half on that money, that makes him the team's premier half and go-to man

It is Milford who will need to develop his short kicking game, and Milford who will need to control games

Hunt can be the support half to this premier half, and this is a job I hope we can all agree, is one he is exactly suited for

The big question is can Milford mature into the premier half quickly?

This is probably the real question that needs asking as market pressure will likely inflate his price, but is he actually worth $1m a season, is he ready to be the main playmaker and if he's not when will he be??

Also we have ben hunt this year regardless and we also have a full time assistant coach who by most accounts seems to be a halves focussed coach. I am very interested to see how this season progresses moving on from a defence orientated head coach and assistant coach of years past

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I'm only willing to pay Milford the 1mill + if he steps up and becomes the "man" in the team. He demands and receives the ball in the high pressure situation and ices the games that need to be iced. He can do it and we have seen him do it on certain occasions but not enough. Also, he had a very ordinary second half of the season and questions need to be asked for how long do we keep the training wheels on with him in regards to being able to question some of his areas of play?

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Anyone seen this? Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

I'm not confident that he will be renewing at all. Looks like now he wants to take the best offer he can get, which is fair enough. Another club will definitely offer him 100-200k a year more than the Broncos will. Para, Dragons, Knights all look like they could be realistic options...

(It's a video of Ben Hunt saying he was fading out of games and he isn't sure why / says he will do what's best for himself and his family with new contract).

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone seen this? Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

I'm not confident that he will be renewing at all. Looks like now he wants to take the best offer he can get, which is fair enough. Another club will definitely offer him 100-200k a year more than the Broncos will. Para, Dragons, Knights all look like they could be realistic options...

(It's a video of Ben Hunt saying he was fading out of games and he isn't sure why / says he will do what's best for himself and his family with new contract).
Every player in the game says shit like that when their contract is due for renewal.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What [MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION] said.

This is just contract negotiations 101. Even if you have no intention of ever leaving, you still have to play a bit of hardball to get the deal you want.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Give him what ever he wants. No ben hunt = no finals footy.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
If Ben Hunt wants to leave **** him off, Nikorima is a test half as well.

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Kodi did step up big time when he had the starting role for NZ. I don't think he would be the worst replacement. I don't think Hunt will go anywhere but he will certainly demand 500k plus and I think he is worth every cent.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again, at this point Nikorima has a similar tool set to Hunt, except literally worse in every way.

He may become the better player a few years down the track, but certainly not even close right now.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well, I don't rate Hunt as highly as some. My three reasons originally were enough. Now I have four .To save time they are...his limited kicking skills,his poor tackling and his obvious absences during games( recently acknowledged )

The newest reason for me is the mental scaring from his appalling last 4 mins of that gf and the fact that after a whole season he doesn't look like he has dealt with it. I would have preferred that he threw it out on the table and talked it to death. To me,it seems unlikely that it could have overcome in a private battle.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
His tackling is fine, in fact he is a very gutsy defender. The reason for his poor stats has been covered.
Well, that's one reason excused (ahem). The three others are still enough for me. Mind you, I have no reason to think my judgement is better than WB who openly has supported him.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • maddo
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • westy316
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fozz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ondi
  • Brocko
  • mitch222
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.