Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Raise your hand if you wish your career was fabricating rugby league stories for a glorified blog? Of course I'm envious of his position. I'm basically on this forum and twitter talking about rugby league for too many hours of the day anyway. Why wouldn't I wish I was getting paid to do it?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I really don't understand your point. Are you disputing my comment by poorly attempting to say that he could maybe possibly be right this one time and therefore should avoid any criticism based on his past of being incorrect basically all the time?
If you remember back to the original quote, I simply asked what's the point of your comment as it's a nothing statement. If he's wrong he never gets anything right, but if he's right well he never gets anything right so whatever.

It's a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. Nothing more nothing less. I was amused by it. You seem to be more bothered about it than I am, hence the line of questioning.

not too difficult was it?

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Bennett, Broncos won't let a player go of Hunts ability unless they had a good replacement. The only 2 I can say is Taylor back from titans or Luke Brooks.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Can't tackle to save his life either. Next Andrew Johns my arse.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Once again, it is going to be a long long off-season. I have largely stayed out of this one, but the only basis upon which we ship Hunt out is if we have signed a superior replacement. That has not occurred and is not likely to occur before the end of the next season. I think he better hope he has a good season next year, otherwise he could be on very shaky ground.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
lynx000 said:
otherwise he could be on very shaky ground.

Not if the Broncos commit to the type of deal that keeps Ben Hunt here.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Not if the Broncos commit to the type of deal that keeps Ben Hunt here.

That assumes that contracts mean something in RL, and increasingly as time goes on, that has proven not to be the case. Even if they sign him to a longer contract, it does not mean he is secure. If a club wants a player gone, they are usually gone.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That assumes that contracts mean something in RL, and increasingly as time goes on, that has proven not to be the case. Even if they sign him to a longer contract, it does not mean he is secure. If a club wants a player gone, they are usually gone.

It isn't as simple as that.

That's why it's such a tough decision for the club. They have a limited amount of time to assess whether Hunt it's worth the investment. They can't just offer him the deal and then take it back a year later without it causing considerable harm to the club.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I've heard good things about this Christopher Sandown or whatever. Real schemer, excellent kicking game, indigenous too, so would obviously be a candidate for captaincy.

Not just the captaincy but hall of fame membership and walk up start to broncos team of the century

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Any super league halves Bennett can bring over?
When they dropped Widdop in the 4 Nations, The English Halves pairing were superb.
Was one of those players George Williams?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
English halves are terrible. Hunts way better than them

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.