Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
There should be some more news on Hunt on Ch 7 tonight. Dragons have upped the ante on acquiring his signature. They also want Ben Barba.

You'd have to think there's something to it, I don't imagine they would be making overtures if they genuinely thought there was zero chance.

He won't leave I also read he is going to resign till 2020.

You'd have to think there's something to it, I don't imagine they would be making overtures if they genuinely thought there was zero chance.

This is the dragons though
Pretty sure they were all singing in the halls about signing Cronk once

Dragons have formally offered Ben Hunt $1m per season according to Chris Garry.

Gee I like Ben Hunt but not for $1million a year. TBH I don't think he is the guy to partner Milford. Need a Cooper Cronk type to run the team and let Milford flourish.

As much as I am a Ben Hunt fan and very keen to retain him I got to be honest, only two halves in the club history worth that coin in the modern game would be Lockyer and Langer(and when I say langer I mean if he was playing now not 1988-2002).

I'm happy to keep Hunt for a year or two more if he's happy taking a lot less than that, his relative value to the Broncos is probably closer to $500-600k a season. If he demands we match the Dragons offer we should definitely give him the "We wish Ben the best of luck in his future endeavours" treatment.

Can't blame the poor bugger for taking the cash but it'll be a fair dinkum career killer, I reckon.

Yeah definitely cant blame him for taking the coin at his age . Who do we get if he leaves ??

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • maddo
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.