Shoulder charge rule

How on Earth do the Match Review Catastrophe justify it?

My opinion. Wighton looks more to be bracing for impact (have only seen vision posted above). Ennis's looks to be an aggressive late shoulder( which was my opinion watching the game) Methinks they have it back to front.

My opinion. Wighton looks more to be bracing for impact (have only seen vision posted above). Ennis's looks to be an aggressive late shoulder( which was my opinion watching the game) Methinks they have it back to front.

Yep absolutely. I just can't understand it. I mean, it could legitimately argues in court that it is undisguised corruption, particularly given that the two teams play each other next week. The Raiders have to challenge and if Wighton doesn't get off based on the Ennis inexplicable incident, they have a legitimate ground to sue.

The loading is for different offences which makes it even stupider.

Well im all out of sympathy for him considering we have had to put up with it this year for Blair. The more suspended players are rightfully suspended for longer the more times they **** up.

Wighton was not bracing for impact. He was running straight towards Grant from an angle. He had more than ample time to make an attempt at a tackle. No way in hell does he even attempt a tackle. Its a flat out shoulder charge and thus suspension worthy. Put it this way, if its week 5, no one tries to defend it. The Ennis tackle is irrelevant in this case.

Last edited:
Agree with the Wighton charge, but Ennis should have copped the same if not more for what was a far more blatant act.

Edit: Immediately loaded the GH when I heard about the charge lmao. I do like the Canberra side and the way they play footy, but my god they have a shitty fan base.

Last edited:
Im just trying to compare the GH forums biggest melt down. Between us signing TPJ & Milf or Wighton getting charged. So much butt hurt over there at the moment.

Damn I definitely need to get on the GH. They whine like the best of them when there's nothing to complain about, this should be a beauty.

Damn I definitely need to get on the GH. They whine like the best of them when there's nothing to complain about, this should be a beauty.

im pretty sure they would shut up shop for the year if the raiders went out in straight sets

lol I saw after 2 hours the GH thread had over 180 replies.

I would be pissed if I were a Raiders fan. Not because Wighton should not have been charged, but because Ennis should have for sure. Ennis does have his arm tucked in. The fact that his arm isn't actually touching his torso is not part of the definition - there can still be separation and his arm still being tucked in. In fact the forceful swinging action occurs completely at his shoulder, his arm is effectively dead weight.

May as well put money on the Sharks to win the comp now. This finals series will be a bigger stitch up than 2014.

So he is copping 3 weeks unless he contests it and gets a downgrade.

I'm wondering, do the Raiders purposely drop their game against the Sharks?

If they win, he won't be playing in the GF if they make it.

No prelims in Sydney last year. NRL helping make sure they get one this year.

Edit: Tinfoil hat time.

Last edited:
Wow. Raiders can't complain about the Wighton charge. But just for the hell of it if I was sticky I would be giving it to the match review committee about Ennis not being charged. Ridiculous.

So he is copping 3 weeks unless he contests it and gets a downgrade.

I'm wondering, do the Raiders purposely drop their game against the Sharks?

If they win, he won't be playing in the GF if they make it.

No way in hell I would drop a game to get a player back regardless of how good the player is or vital. You go out to win every game

lol I saw after 2 hours the GH thread had over 180 replies.

Everyone needs to see their justifications for how the Raiders created and "nurtured" all the players they have bought recently. They are literally making things up to make them look less like the Roosters.

This is bullshit, either both sit down or both get off.

Can't play it both ways, it'd be the end of Buettner.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.