Gold Coast -9
Penrith -19

Brisbane Broncos

Round 3: 2-3
Round 4: 1-4
Round 5: 3-5
Round 6: 3-8
Round 7: 7-2
There is one piece of data that can't easily be included and that is the when and where the set restarts are called. A restart coming out of your own half on tackle 1 or 2 is completely different to a restart on tackle 3-5 in the opposition 20.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Maybe it's me or is there less restarts in the second half??? What's that about... ref sick of calling them or players switching on??
One ref and play being continual means the less fit refs will give less restarts in the second half. In short it's fucking exhausting for the poor old ref.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
So the refs are to be instructed to call 6 again when the markers are not square or leave early or place themselves in an offside position.
That there is whats wrong with the game. The refs have to be told to police the rules that are already in place FFS
Yep. I bet not one of them has read the Rugby League Rulebook from first to last page.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
You say Storm voiced their confusion and then the very next game they win the restart count 7-0.

So many of us on here get frustrated every week because our club fails to raise their own concerns with the refs calls.

Is this another case of Siebs being naive or too reticent to call it out in the fear he gets hammered for looking for more excuses?

I mean we never contest th MRC's poor decisions either. Is it because the club would need to pay money for flights and lawyers and are just too right to pony up?
More likely they would get better value for money throwing it in the trash ... when our players contest the charge, the judiciary go in there with the verdict already filled out

Jedhead

NRL Player
The Brisbane Times (paywall) is reporting that the 6 again call has been 'tweaked' by the NRL to stay ahead of coaches who are trying to exploit it.

I swear this competition is fast resembling a schoolyard knock about where the rules get made up as we go. I always thought and considered myself a die-hard, rusted on fan of the Broncos and the game of league; I'm slowly beginning to reconsider.

But as I ponder I keep thinking - where will I:xxxx: get my dopamine from?

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
The Brisbane Times (paywall) is reporting that the 6 again call has been 'tweaked' by the NRL to stay ahead of coaches who are trying to exploit it.

I swear this competition is fast resembling a schoolyard knock about where the rules get made up as we go. I always thought and considered myself a die-hard, rusted on fan of the Broncos and the game of league; I'm slowly beginning to reconsider.

yep it has.

here is the NRL.com article

Galah

NRL Player
Brisbane
You know what they should fix, the player playing the ball on the mark not three feet to the left which make the makers not square...

I like to read the comments on social media to see what the general nrl fans opinions are on things, at first most people were all in favour for the 6 again rule but now the tides are turning and there is some genuine hate for it for reasons all ready started on here weeks ago.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff

AFL. Not only are out Qld teams good now, they both are really fun to watch.

kooly87

NRL Player
AFL. Not only are out Qld teams good now, they both are really fun to watch.
I'm actually working on a theory that posits that both the Lions and Broncos can never be good at the same time. It's almost like some perfect natural balancing act that ensures whenever one goes up, the other comes down.

The Lions were simply great in 2019 and are a huge chance for a flag this year. The last time they were looking at going on a run this good was way back in 2001, when we also happened to lose 9 in a row.

Jedhead

NRL Player
You know what they should fix, the player playing the ball on the mark not three feet to the left which make the makers not square...

I like to read the comments on social media to see what the general nrl fans opinions are on things, at first most people were all in favour for the 6 again rule but now the tides are turning and there is some genuine hate for it for reasons all ready started on here weeks ago.
Yeh, it happens every week in games. Players get up and 'stumble' forward just a foot or two to the left or right which automatically puts one or sometimes both the markers offside and the refs are so busy checking the ten, keeping the count, and deciding which way to run next to keep up with the play that they miss this subtle act of cheating. Rolling the ball under the foot has also crept back into the game unchecked. There has not been a single penalty called for it this year as far as know yet Fifita for Cronulla does 3 or 4 each sesh he is on the field. And the amount of knock-ons that are being missed are simply unforgivable.

Surprise, surprise most of these infringements are spotted immediately a Broncos player does it, but for some reason it's only Broncos fans that see the opposition doing it. Strange - very strange.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
They went the wrong way, should have been 4 refs, not 1. They aren't good enough to run a game even in pairs.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Yeh, it happens every week in games. Players get up and 'stumble' forward just a foot or two to the left or right which automatically puts one or sometimes both the markers offside and the refs are so busy checking the ten, keeping the count, and deciding which way to run next to keep up with the play that they miss this subtle act of cheating. Rolling the ball under the foot has also crept back into the game unchecked. There has not been a single penalty called for it this year as far as know yet Fifita for Cronulla does 3 or 4 each sesh he is on the field. And the amount of knock-ons that are being missed are simply unforgivable.

Surprise, surprise most of these infringements are spotted immediately a Broncos player does it, but for some reason it's only Broncos fans that see the opposition doing it. Strange - very strange.
So lets bring in a rule if the attacking side walks off the mark it's automatic last tackle.

These idiots just keep trying to fix things with changes instead of enforcing the rules they already had. In 5 years the game will look nothing like it used to.

TimWhatley

U18 Player
There is one piece of data that can't easily be included and that is the when and where the set restarts are called. A restart coming out of your own half on tackle 1 or 2 is completely different to a restart on tackle 3-5 in the opposition 20.
It's proof the the dumbshits in charge of this rule barely even thought about it before implementation. If they did they would've realised that adding 6 tackles would've been better than restarting the count. Add 6 tackles on tackle 1 you get 12 tackles all up, add 6 on tackle 5 you get 12 all up.

Restart the count on tackle 1 you get 7 tackles all up, restart the count on tackle 5 you get 12.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
while talking about rule changes, let's simplify the forward pass rule, it's too fucking complicated for refs to determine which way the hands were facing...

how about this for a novel idea ... if the pass is propelled forward towards the opponents try line, then it is a forward pass (the manner in which it was propelled forward is irrelevant)

Last edited:

Galah

NRL Player
Brisbane
while talking about rule changes, let's simplify the forward pass rule, it's too fucking complicated for refs to determine which way the hands were facing...

how about this for a novel idea ... if the pass is propelled forward towards the opponents try line, then it is a forward pass (the manner in which it was propelled forward is irrelevant)
That’s too black and white mate, they can’t pick and choose then...

Culhwch

NRL Player
It's proof the the dumbshits in charge of this rule barely even thought about it before implementation. If they did they would've realised that adding 6 tackles would've been better than restarting the count. Add 6 tackles on tackle 1 you get 12 tackles all up, add 6 on tackle 5 you get 12 all up.

Restart the count on tackle 1 you get 7 tackles all up, restart the count on tackle 5 you get 12.
So much this. The way the rule is implemented means that the advantage and disadvantage for the exact same infringement is wildly variable. It boggles the mind how anyone ever thought this was a fair rule to introduce.

Someone posited earlier in the thread it should just be one additional tackle, which would ensure parity across all decisions. That would have been the rational and sensible thing to have done, so of course it wouldn't have ever been considered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter