Newcastle +17 - NSWRL favourite
Souths +9 - NSWRL favourite
Warriors +9 - Need all the help in the world
Canterbury +4 - Sydney
Manly +4 - Sydney
St George Illawarra +3 - Sydney
Parramatta +2 - Sydney
Sydney +2 - Sydney

Maybe it's me or is there less restarts in the second half??? What's that about... ref sick of calling them or players switching on??

When I was compiling the data the one stat that stood out to me was Melbourne from Round 5 going into Round 6.

Round 5 vs. Newcastle lose the count 1-5, voice their confusion to the media and win the count 7-0 against Penrith.

Penrith have had two games where they've received 0 set restarts. (the second being vs. Newcastle)

Maybe it's me or is there less restarts in the second half??? What's that about... ref sick of calling them or players switching on??
Yep the ref gets tired just like the players so doesn’t blow as many.

When I was compiling the data the one stat that stood out to me was Melbourne from Round 5 going into Round 6.

Round 5 vs. Newcastle lose the count 1-5, voice their confusion to the media and win the count 7-0 against Penrith.

Penrith have had two games where they've received 0 set restarts. (the second being vs. Newcastle)
You say Storm voiced their confusion and then the very next game they win the restart count 7-0.

So many of us on here get frustrated every week because our club fails to raise their own concerns with the refs calls.

Is this another case of Siebs being naive or too reticent to call it out in the fear he gets hammered for looking for more excuses?

I mean we never contest th MRC's poor decisions either. Is it because the club would need to pay money for flights and lawyers and are just too right to pony up?

Ref has already set the tone. By that I mean the damage is already done.

Set Restart Stats

Totals
Round 3 - 52
Round 4 - 46
Round 5 - 74
Round 6 - 83
Round 7 - 76

Brisbane Broncos 16 Awarded, 22 Conceded
Canberra Raiders 21 Awarded 21 Conceded
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 28 Awarded 24 Conceded
Cronulla Sharks 24 Awarded 28 Conceded
Gold Coast Titans 18 Awarded 27 Conceded
Manly Sea Eagles 25 Awarded 21 Conceded
Melbourne Storm 15 Awarded 17 Conceded
Newcastle Knights 28 Awarded 11 Conceded
North Queensland Cowboys 20 Awarded 24 Conceded
Parramatta Eels 20 Awarded 18 Conceded
Penrith Panthers 9 Awarded 28 Conceded
South Sydney Rabbitohs 22 Awarded 13 Conceded
St George Illawarra Dragons 25 Awarded 22 Conceded
Sydney Roosters 18 Awarded 16 Conceded
Warriors 25 Awarded 16 Conceded
Wests Tigers 17 Awarded 23 Conceded

Ladder
Newcastle +17
Souths +9
Warriors +9
Canterbury +4
Manly +4
St George Illawarra +3
Parramatta +2
Sydney +2
---------------------
Canberra 0
Melbourne -2
Cronulla -4
North Qld -4
Brisbane -6
Wests -6
Gold Coast -9
Penrith -19

Brisbane Broncos

Round 3: 2-3
Round 4: 1-4
Round 5: 3-5
Round 6: 3-8
Round 7: 7-2
There is one piece of data that can't easily be included and that is the when and where the set restarts are called. A restart coming out of your own half on tackle 1 or 2 is completely different to a restart on tackle 3-5 in the opposition 20.

One ref and play being continual means the less fit refs will give less restarts in the second half. In short it's fucking exhausting for the poor old ref.

So the refs are to be instructed to call 6 again when the markers are not square or leave early or place themselves in an offside position.
That there is whats wrong with the game. The refs have to be told to police the rules that are already in place FFS

Yep. I bet not one of them has read the Rugby League Rulebook from first to last page.

You say Storm voiced their confusion and then the very next game they win the restart count 7-0.

So many of us on here get frustrated every week because our club fails to raise their own concerns with the refs calls.

Is this another case of Siebs being naive or too reticent to call it out in the fear he gets hammered for looking for more excuses?

I mean we never contest th MRC's poor decisions either. Is it because the club would need to pay money for flights and lawyers and are just too right to pony up?
More likely they would get better value for money throwing it in the trash ... when our players contest the charge, the judiciary go in there with the verdict already filled out

The Brisbane Times (paywall) is reporting that the 6 again call has been 'tweaked' by the NRL to stay ahead of coaches who are trying to exploit it.

I swear this competition is fast resembling a schoolyard knock about where the rules get made up as we go. I always thought and considered myself a die-hard, rusted on fan of the Broncos and the game of league; I'm slowly beginning to reconsider.

But as I ponder I keep thinking - where will I:xxxx: get my dopamine from?

The Brisbane Times (paywall) is reporting that the 6 again call has been 'tweaked' by the NRL to stay ahead of coaches who are trying to exploit it.

I swear this competition is fast resembling a schoolyard knock about where the rules get made up as we go. I always thought and considered myself a die-hard, rusted on fan of the Broncos and the game of league; I'm slowly beginning to reconsider.

yep it has.

here is the NRL.com article

You know what they should fix, the player playing the ball on the mark not three feet to the left which make the makers not square...

I like to read the comments on social media to see what the general nrl fans opinions are on things, at first most people were all in favour for the 6 again rule but now the tides are turning and there is some genuine hate for it for reasons all ready started on here weeks ago.

AFL. Not only are out Qld teams good now, they both are really fun to watch.

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.