Slater + Inglis Want To Join Broncos

We knew that about a week ago, champ. Why are you posting it in this thread?

Thanks for info Bobby none the less, don't scare them off Ning!

I was looking at your other posts and i thought it says you were posting in july mix up
and it said you wanted tate

All is good Bobby. You have't filled in your fav player or anything yet. Do you have one?

This is from a poster on another forum:

RUMOUR: According to report on 2GB from Phil Rothfield (lack of credibility I know) Greg Inglis is going to ask the Melbourne Storm for a release for 'personal reasons' and link up with a different NRL club in 2011.

The club in question will be apparantly revealed in tomorrows Sunday Telegraph

Rothfield also said "The signing of Inglis could add further salary cap problems to the club in question".

http://forum.sportal.com.au/yaf_postsm1 ... ost1970700

if true could we be the club. Where does Inglis' family live?

Foordy said:

RUMOUR: According to report on 2GB from Phil Rothfield (lack of credibility I know) Greg Inglis is going to ask the Melbourne Storm for a release for 'personal reasons' and link up with a different NRL club in 2011.

Rothfield also said "The signing of Inglis could add further salary cap problems to the club in question".

My guess is that it is more then likely the Broncos. Everyone is always saying we are over the cap!!!!! Lets hope Ingliss is wearing a Broncos jersey next year. Maybe Lockyer and Thaiday has a good chat with him during origin!!!!

Aeetee said:
http://www.broncoshq.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5551

yeah i saw that in league talk after i posted [eusa_doh

Its all good dude. I wasn't trying to shut you down, just pointing you to a newer thread :)

Foordy said:

Adding Salary cap troubles to me means Titans.

draggx said:
Foordy said:

Adding Salary cap troubles to me means Titans.

Rothfield is from Sydney and people south of the border always think we are in cap trouble regardless of how many players we lose :roll:

Guys please keep the discussion regarding this "announcement" in the other thread

lynx000 said:
Two things about that though, the two new clubs have salary cap concessions which the current clubs do not have. Also, one would expect that the current clubs would already be topping up certain players from their `marketing budget' and a large amount would not be available like the two new clubs. Also, would Inglis have any real value as a marketing tool for a Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth club given that it is likely he would have a very low profile in those markets. It would be a bit of Inglis who?? That would leave the Swans or the Lions as the only viable contenders for a `marketing' reason. I think it is more likely that if he were to swap codes it would be to the rebels.

just so you know any one an AFL team sign that hasn't played Aussie Rules in any Australian comp for over 2years is autmatically exempt from the cap. The AFL has come out and said they will help subsidise any NRL player signed as well as that teams like Essendon make over 5mill PROFIT a year.....

I think he will be staying with the Storm or coming to the Broncos. Every interview I have seen of him he has been very clear of how much he loves RL and wants to stay if it is possible for him to get close the the money he is currently on.

Aaron said:
lynx000 said:
Two things about that though, the two new clubs have salary cap concessions which the current clubs do not have. Also, one would expect that the current clubs would already be topping up certain players from their `marketing budget' and a large amount would not be available like the two new clubs. Also, would Inglis have any real value as a marketing tool for a Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth club given that it is likely he would have a very low profile in those markets. It would be a bit of Inglis who?? That would leave the Swans or the Lions as the only viable contenders for a `marketing' reason. I think it is more likely that if he were to swap codes it would be to the rebels.

just so you know any one an AFL team sign that hasn't played Aussie Rules in any Australian comp for over 2years is autmatically exempt from the cap. The AFL has come out and said they will help subsidise any NRL player signed as well as that teams like Essendon make over 5mill PROFIT a year.....

I think he will be staying with the Storm or coming to the Broncos. Every interview I have seen of him he has been very clear of how much he loves RL and wants to stay if it is possible for him to get close the the money he is currently on.
no they dont.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mitch222
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • Volvo Driver
  • Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.