Slater wins Golden Boot

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty easy choice for the top honour this year and there can be absolutely no argument. As much as the little runt pisses me off, he's been outstanding at all levels of the game.

foxsports.com.au said:
Fullback: Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
Winger: Manu Vatuvei (Warriors, NZ)
Centre: Israel Folau (Melbourne Storm)
Five-eighth: Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)
Half-back: Scott Prince (Gold Coast Titans)
Lock: Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)
Second Row (joint winners): Gareth Ellis (Leeds, England) and Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast Titans)
Front Row: James Graham (St Helens, England)
Hooker: Cam Smith (Melbourne Storm)

Player of the Year: Billy Slater
Coach of the Year: Des Hasler (Manly)
Rookie of the Year: Israel Folau (Melbourne Storm)

OK, Prince is a good player, but how can he get the halfback spot over Thurston?

Inglis is also good, but not the best five-eighth.

Gallen is lucky that Ricky is the Australian coach.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt should've got golden boot and fullback of the year. He was outstanding. Far better than jockey wannabe.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
What was the criteria that meant Izzy qualified as a rookie?

C

craig88

U18 Player
Jun 25, 2008
Does that mean Izzy will get the award for the next 2 years? lol

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What were they thinking? That golden boot will hurt a lot more when he uses it to slide-kick somebody in da face.

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
Apparently he won the RLIF inaugural player of the year..has this replaced the Golden Boot award?

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How Slater got the fullback spot over Wade McKinnon is absolutely beyond me. Not to mention the Golden Boot. Absolute farce.

If Danny Wicks wasn't the player of the year, then I'm a green rhino with meat pies for feet.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
How the **** did Ranga Boy Pom get prop of the year over Civo & Price?

There was a joint winner for 2nd rower, they should have had joint winners for front row: Civoniceva and Price.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Inglis wasnt the best 5/8th this year. Maybe the 2nd best behind Lockyer haha

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Surely Leon Pryce was the best five-eighth. I mean, Mal Reilly says he's better than Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler put together. ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!!

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Coxy said:
Surely Leon Pryce was the best five-eighth. I mean, Mal Reilly says he's better than Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler put together. ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!!

You mean Bob Fulton dont you? Oh well Freddie will do [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
To be fair though, I reckon Pryce could/should be close to 5/8.

Inglis is a sh*thouse 5/8.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Who votes on this team?? FFS surely they are kidding Thurston was the best player this year IMO Maybe even Prince could be rated a head of the cat!

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Beads6 said:
Who votes on this team?? FFS surely they are kidding Thurston was the best player this year IMO Maybe even Prince could be rated a head of the cat!

Thurston had a miserable year at club level... Prince and Orford stood out.

Coxy said:
Hunt should've got golden boot and fullback of the year. He was outstanding. Far better than jockey wannabe.

lol? Don't know what you guys have been watching all year but Slater is by far the best fullback.

Je$ter said:
How the **** did Ranga Boy Pom get prop of the year over Civo & Price?

There was a joint winner for 2nd rower, they should have had joint winners for front row: Civoniceva and Price.

I didn't watch any super league games but James Graham has played amazing in the World Cup, if his club form was like that he definitely deserved the title.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Fantapants Graham has impressed me during the WC, but Civo and Steve are Civo and Steve!!

JT has had a poor season at club level, Slater proved all year how good he is.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Inglis best 5/8??!! That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard all year - he is a crap 5/8.

Do agree with Prince at Half though - he had a much better year than Thurston this year.

I don't have a problem with Slater as best FB this year - but not Player of the Year.

Agree on the front row as well - Price or Civo FTW

However I don't think these awards will be around long - lost a lot of credibility already in their inaugural year.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.