Socceroos crack the world top 30

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
mick! said:
Massive achievement.

Seriously, considering the last three decades of the sport in Australia, it just goes to show that Australia could well be anything in world football. The A-League will just keep getting better IMO... it's been the #1 sport for junior numbers for so long and the lack of a decent national comp is what drove many, many thousands either away from the sport or overseas.

The next step for us is simply being a regular qualifier for the WC.

Thats correct man. Australians are known to be naturally gifted at sport. Our government also spends a f*ckload of money on sports development. We could seriously be cracking the top 10 in the next 20 years, its very very possible.

I've got no doubt at all that in my lifetime I'll see the Socceroos ranking in the top 10, and also reaching the semis of the WC.

They were just seconds away from the quarters in the last WC, so why not!

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Until they cut out the diving and crying like girls for penalties it will never be considered a real sport

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
mick! said:
pennywisealfie said:
[quote="mick!":3bia2sqp]Massive achievement.

Seriously, considering the last three decades of the sport in Australia, it just goes to show that Australia could well be anything in world football. The A-League will just keep getting better IMO... it's been the #1 sport for junior numbers for so long and the lack of a decent national comp is what drove many, many thousands either away from the sport or overseas.

Thats correct man. Australians are known to be naturally gifted at sport. Our government also spends a f*ckload of money on sports development. We could seriously be cracking the top 10 in the next 20 years, its very very possible.

I've got no doubt at all that in my lifetime I'll see the Socceroos ranking in the top 10, and also reaching the semis of the WC.

They were just seconds away from the quarters in the last WC, so why not![/quote:3bia2sqp]

And if they made the Quarters they would have played Ukraine.. so making the semi's wasnt so far fetched.

But you are right.. we need to make the world cup consecutively for the next 2-3 times.. really grow a base for support even by non-players. The last WC did wonders for the world game in Australia the amount of people I know who despise soccer and still got behind it.

Now all we need is a FIFA goverened board that do post-match reviews of diving and punish accordingly with match bans. The world would be a better place am i rite? haha

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
mick! said:
They were just seconds away from the quarters in the last WC, so why not!
mal said:
Now all we need is a FIFA goverened board that do post-match reviews of diving and punish accordingly with match bans. The world would be a better place am i rite? haha

Agreed. If Neill didn't trip him with his hands, then they would never got that penalty. Mind you if they didn't lose a player, they may have put more than just the 1 on Australia. So it is a little harsh to blame Neill for giving away the penalty, although it is a classic Simsy-Slater moment...

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
mick! said:
pennywisealfie said:
[quote="mick!":2nlewvyp]Massive achievement.

They were just seconds away from the quarters in the last WC, so why not![/quote:2nlewvyp]

You should look at incorporating some doubt into your thoughts. The future of Australian football looks awful. We just had a lucky run with the likes of Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Moore, etc. Our current batch of reasonable younger players are barely championship standard players. That and our domestic league is looking worse and worse and losing popularity by the day.

We will not make a WC QF in the foreseeable future. I doubt we will qualify for the last 16 again for a long time tbh.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Browny said:
Until they cut out the diving and crying like girls for penalties it will never be considered a real sport

luckily the rest of the world doesnt care what your opinion is and hence Football continues to be the number 1 sport in the world. Now back to being a bogan browny

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
Browny said:

luckily the rest of the world doesnt care what your opinion is and hence Football continues to be the number 1 sport in the world. Now back to being a bogan browny

Lucky the rest of the world is so poor, that kicking a coconut or human head around is all they can afford, hence why soccer is the number 1 sport in the world.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
So throwing around and kicking said coconut in a rugby league like fashion is not plausible, your argument on this one is flawed as hell.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Sorry I shall rephrase god boy, your argument is s##t.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Whoo, we're better than Swaziland and The Faroe Islands!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
those faroes are mighty tough!

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
Browny said:

Got him yes!! Hook line and sinker [icon_razz1

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Isn't it time to start treating baiting like trolling?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Scotty said:
Isn't it time to start treating baiting like trolling?

Mate it was a joke. Its seems your a little sensitive that I had a go at soccer/football. Or is it that my names not Coxy.

It is the offseason and we are all trying to amuse ourselves as best we can, get over yourself!

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nah it's not that I'm sensitive about it, people on these boards have always hated soccer. And I'm not even having a go at you personally, It's just gettin a bit old is all.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Browny, if in doubt slag soccer. [icon_wink

It's like making a teenager depressed....so easy. icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Locky24
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kman
  • Brocko
  • Griffo
  • broncos4life
  • Broncs1459
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.