Soft Broncos

mick! said:
Can't say I disagree too much with Tallis, but he's also got to understand that we aren't full of big boppas like we used to be back in his day. Hell, I even remember quite a number of "soft" seasons that he had himself.

These days it's not all about the bash and the barge. It's about angled running, momentum, off-loads and support play...

Tallis is dead right, "I even remember quite a number of "soft" seasons that he had himself. " Which seasons were they? I must have been in a coma, sure he wasn't the player he once was due to injury, but soft? Never happened.

He is warranted I guess but I tend to think we havent had the size we used to also, which means that we arent trying to monster other packs like in the past, rather we are trying outlast them fitness wise and allow ourselves to get over the top in the latter part of games.

I agree with Emma though and hope it was for motivational purposes and the boys take notice and fire up for the rest of the year!

100 % right. the best forward in the last few weeks has been Clinton which isnt saying much for the other guys as we've all been bagging Joel most of the year.

Thaiday needs to get his form back b4 he had the week off.

bianc said:
Which is very sad Mick. Not what league is supposed to be...(my opinion)
Seen some great hits over the weekend though. Love it. icon_thumbs_u

A little sad, but I guess it's all about finding the right balance. A couple of big fellas to roll through the straight yards and put big hits on, and at least one of them on the bench. These days, though, the back row simply can't all just do that job.

In the old days, most second rowers and locks could easily play well at prop when called upon. These days, most back rowers would look more at home filling in at centre or five-eighth than in the front row.

Oh, and I was just being a bit tongue-in-cheek with my comment about Gordie. I don't think he ever really played "soft", but he was definitely capable of really poor patches of form, particularly in his later years.

Chumba said:
Our forwards lack any amount of sting at all and it's rot that they aren't as big or strong as past packs of ours, they just seem to lack the heart or the preporation to do as they're supposed to.

They run up one out and almost always alone and get smashed, so before you know it they're running on empty from being belted. Surely someone at the club can get these guys to work as a pack and get the job done.

Tallis is dead right and it's another brilliant example of our struggling club getting the points and no doubt into the finals on the back of one or two superstars... WB gets another feather in his cap and all the while the problem remains.

We need a forwards coach to come in and educate these guys a bit, to run up as a unit, to tackle as a unit and off load and support.

But who????

Are you saying (gulp) we need a well drilled forward pack? :P

Our forwards need to be well drilled.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.